August 25, 2019, 05:59:52 AM

Author Topic: James Maddison  (Read 15680 times)

June 03, 2018, 12:31:56 AM
Read 15680 times

Lxxx

Think the only time I’ve seen him is when he played a wonderful ball for 1 of England’s youth teams last season. On that basis I’m in

20m really is fuck all. We could sell him back to the championship for more than half that if he completely failed. 1 half decent season in the premier league and he’d daftly be valued at double or even treble that.

Think we’re getting a bit flippant just because we’ve got a few quid. We’ve got one of the biggest and costliest squads in the league but it’s pretty average in the main. I’d like to see us get back to the days where we actually did a proper job on all our signings to see if they’re decent and good value, not just because they’re flavour of the month and we can afford it.

June 03, 2018, 01:45:32 AM
Reply #1

Lxxx

We’ve got more than enough potential in this squad. What we need are 2-3 players of the ability to walk straight into the 1st team and improve us from the off.

We’ve got about 35 players in our bloated squad. We lack proper quality at the minute, much rather we spend all our cash this summer on players who’ll make a difference not another punt on a player who might be ready in a few years.

June 03, 2018, 02:05:28 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

I just don’t see all this potential. We’ve got 1 young player who looks a decent bet to have the quality to play for 1 of the top sides. We’ve got a load of other young players. Not sure any of them have done much to suggest they could go on to be great though

In attacking midfield we have Klaassan, DCL, Davies, Vlasic, Dowell. In my opinion we don’t need another youngster who may not be able to contribute this season.
Any signing doesn’t have to be ‘proven premier league quality’ but having done it at a decent level would be nice.

Clearly he may hit the ground running and make me eat my words.

June 03, 2018, 03:39:55 AM
Reply #3

Lxxx

He’d be a big player for us next season.

He isn’t somebody who we’re going to sign and put him in the under 23’s/send out on loan.

I’m surprised at some of the stuff I’m reading here. I thought we were all in agreement that the whole transfer structure needs a shake up and players like Maddison are the types of player we should be looking at.

Like I said, I might be wrong and he might prove to be an immediate hit. I just think we have an overload of players in the attacking midfield position and there are probably 3-4 positions in more pressing need of immediate quality this summer.

June 03, 2018, 04:22:45 AM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Chances are we're going to clear out a fair few players over the summer and trim the squad so we'll probably end up getting rid of a couple of similar players.

It's a bit of money for someone in the Championship but that's the climate we're in, especially a Premier League team coming in for a young prospect. I've not seen him so don't know what he's like but he's very highly rated, some people just seem to put a negative on everything at the moment.

Like I’ve said, numerous times, I hope if he comes in he’s a hit.

June 03, 2018, 04:45:43 AM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Stop moaning about it then! ;)

Fair point. I’m just in an arsey mood mood as I’m working on a Saturday night. Nothing a beer won’t solve shortly.

June 12, 2018, 02:16:28 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

Didnt mean to like that, as if you would choose Leicester over Everton all bias aside... Fucking hell, if that's what he wants then let it be so... The tit

Taking off our blue blinkers but why wouldn't you? They pay the same, they've won more trophies in recent years and they are at the same level as us in the current league pecking order. There's no clear distinction between the two clubs so it'll come down to other factors and location might be one.

June 12, 2018, 02:41:05 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

You can’t seriously compare the size of Leicester to Everton because they won the league 2 years ago when Tottenham’s bottle went

I'm not comparing sizes I'm saying that for young lads who weren't even born the last time we won a trophy there's not a huge amount of difference between the clubs, at the moment. It's a fickle world we live in, there's a large swathe of football fans who don't even remember football before the Premier League, or at least don't give it as much credence.

June 18, 2018, 01:35:48 AM
Reply #8

Lxxx

Les Reed is usually pretty good at spotting a player.

June 20, 2018, 09:57:38 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

Not progressing this one was probably a casualty of us blowing too much money the past few years on very little value. I'd much rather we spent this amount of money on him than Bolasie for instance but we were following a different strategy at the time. Although not too sure what that strategy was.