October 24, 2018, 12:02:35 AM

Author Topic: James Maddison  (Read 12292 times)

June 12, 2018, 05:14:03 PM
Reply #210

Macca77

Ahh the halcyon days of fearless knobheadry, nowadays, I'm more a fearless lazy cunt.

I was a proper tit back then, went to every away game, got ratarsed before the majority of them and ended up in bother. Newcastle was the worst for it, got kicked out twice there, both times just for swearing, the other time they wouldn't let me in cos I was bladdered, copper was great then though, told me to grab a coffee and come back, so I did, eventually let me in but I missed our first goal, Super Kev scored after 40 seconds, we ended up winning 3-1, Gemmell scored a screamer.

June 12, 2018, 05:27:38 PM
Reply #211

Toddacelli

Baines’ photography page, called the_plagiarist or something I think?

On it! Ta la!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 12, 2018, 05:30:10 PM
Reply #212

Juanito

Efan Ekoku is fucking furious

Never forget him getting 4 against us at Goodison.

June 12, 2018, 06:14:38 PM
Reply #213

BigJoe

Liverpool are preparing a bid
Don't know why he would choose the RS over Leicester ... he wasn't even born the last time they won the league title
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:43:35 PM by BigJoe »

June 12, 2018, 06:51:35 PM
Reply #214

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
No way is he better than Jeremy Goss
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 12, 2018, 06:51:49 PM
Reply #215

Ramjam

Don't know why he would choose the RS over Leicester ... he was even born the last time they won the league title
So is Liverpool closer to Coventry than Everton?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 12, 2018, 06:52:12 PM
Reply #216

Shogun

Administrator
Norwich fans on twitter saying he’s the best player they’ve ever seen for them and they’ve been graced with the likes of Darren Huckerby and Wes Hoolahan.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 12, 2018, 07:45:14 PM
Reply #217

Bluedylan

Yeah, I think most football people know Everton and Leicester aren't comparable clubs. Maybe the younger crowd wouldn't see it that way, but that's the job of the Dof and manager to explain and sell to the player. 10 minutes of information and the difference would be overwhelmingly clear to Maddison.

And that's without even getting into current/future ambitions/Bramley Moore etc.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 12, 2018, 07:54:08 PM
Reply #218

Cereal Killer

Yeah, I think most football people know Everton and Leicester aren't comparable clubs. Maybe the younger crowd wouldn't see it that way, but that's the job of the Dof and manager to explain and sell to the player. 10 minutes of information and the difference would be overwhelmingly clear to Maddison.

And that's without even getting into current/future ambitions/Bramley Moore etc.

Well yes, Leicester have the richer owners, they've got a (fairly) new stadium as opposed to a dock and some ideas, they've won trophies in the last 20 years, they've recently played in Champions League QFs and they haven't sunk to appointing Sam Allardyce ever

But sure, we've been consistently mid table for a while
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:55:17 PM by Cereal Killer »

June 12, 2018, 08:17:37 PM
Reply #219

Bluedylan

Well yes, Leicester have the richer owners, they've got a (fairly) new stadium as opposed to a dock and some ideas, they've won trophies in the last 20 years, they've recently played in Champions League QFs and they haven't sunk to appointing Sam Allardyce ever

You make a persuasive case. But let's look at Leicester's finishing positions in the last 10 years, for example.

9th
12th
1st
14th
1st (Championship)
6th (Championship)
9th (Championship)
10th (Championship)
5th (Championship)
1st (League One)

They had one freak season, mate. They were in the CL as a result of that, so that's irrelevant really.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:19:15 PM by Bluedylan »

June 12, 2018, 08:27:39 PM
Reply #220

Cereal Killer

You make a persuasive case. But let's look at Leicester's finishing positions in the last 10 years, for example.

9th
12th
1st
14th
1st (Championship)
6th (Championship)
9th (Championship)
10th (Championship)
5th (Championship)
1st (League One)

They had one freak season, mate. They were in the CL as a result of that, so that's irrelevant really.

Yeah I don't disagree with that, I just don't think there's currently as much of a difference as is being made out. We've got big ambitions sure and we don't want to be associated at the same level as Leicester, but wanting to be somewhere and actually being there are two very different things.

Our DoF/manager can sell the long term project, but maybe Leicester have ambitious plans of their own they can sell. Are players even that interested in long term these days anyway? Agents definitely aren't

June 12, 2018, 08:32:22 PM
Reply #221

Bluedylan

Yeah I don't disagree with that, I just don't think there's currently as much of a difference as is being made out. We've got big ambitions sure and we don't want to be associated at the same level as Leicester, but wanting to be somewhere and actually being there are two very different things.

Our DoF/manager can sell the long term project, but maybe Leicester have ambitious plans of their own they can sell. Are players even that interested in long term these days anyway? Agents definitely aren't

It's also things like the fans, and the expectations of the club. Leicester are generally very happy with a top 10 finish. We sack managers who finish 8th.

Silva's acknowledged this already. He was asked about our fans being demanding. And he said (paraphrasing) 'yes the fans are demanding, but that's what you have at a big club. If the fans aren't demanding, you know that not much is expected of you'.

I'm not being biased or delusional. I'll call us shit when we are, and I know we're well behind the Top 6. But we're a much bigger club than Leicester, and one bizarre season won't change that.

June 12, 2018, 09:34:00 PM
Reply #222

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Their ground isn’t worth bothering about either for size or aesthetics and the crowd use those flappy clapping things.

June 12, 2018, 10:28:25 PM
Reply #223

Toddacelli

Their ground isn’t worth bothering about either for size or aesthetics and the crowd use those flappy clapping things.

I've only been twice but objectively - I really liked the atmosphere they created both times.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 12, 2018, 10:50:45 PM
Reply #224

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I've only been twice but objectively - I really liked the atmosphere they created both times.

Each to their own!