June 25, 2018, 03:28:38 PM

Author Topic: Fixtures  (Read 3287 times)

June 14, 2018, 11:37:13 PM
Reply #105

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
For anyone expecting us to win this easily.

We’ve played a newly promoted team in 4 of the last 6 opening days of the premier league, drawing every game 2-2.

Considering Wolves are probably the best newly promoted for a decade you’re misguided expecting anything but a tough game here.

June 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Reply #106

blue slug

We’ve played a newly promoted team in 4 of the last 6 opening days of the premier league, drawing every game 2-2.

Considering Wolves are probably the best newly promoted for a decade you’re misguided expecting anything but a tough game here.

I think they’ll beat us based on current squads and starting elevens but that could change depending on transfers obviously

June 14, 2018, 11:44:39 PM
Reply #107

kramer0

We've played a newly promoted team in 4 of the last 6 opening days of the premier league, drawing every game 2-2.

Considering Wolves are probably the best newly promoted for a decade you're misguided expecting anything but a tough game here.

I’m pretty sick of drawing them so often.

More than half of the teams we could be drawn against are mid-table finishers from the previous season but we’ve only had that twice in the last eight (soon to be nine) seasons.

The rest of our opening fixtures have been newly promoted (buzzing to be in the league) or top six sides (genuinely good).

Fuck off, schedule gods!

June 15, 2018, 12:09:02 AM
Reply #108

Shogun

Administrator
Loads of people overrating Wolves.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 15, 2018, 12:53:34 AM
Reply #109

blue slug

Loads of people overrating Wolves.

I think it’s cos we are so underwhelmed by last season so probably underrating ourselves

June 15, 2018, 01:10:11 AM
Reply #110

eugene

For anyone who still thinks the fixtures are randomly generated, this is a decent explanation. There was also an interview with the guy last year (can't find it) that talked about setting 'derby weekends' etc for TV.

https://www.quora.com/How-are-premier-league-fixtures-decided

He's been good to us this season though.
To be honest I couldn’t give a fiddlers fart if there fixed or not at the end of the day all teams play each other twice end of

June 15, 2018, 01:47:17 AM
Reply #111

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Watched Wolves against Cardiff last season. Now I know it was only one game so it's not something to base a whole opinion on but they weren't all that for most of the game. For about 70 mins they were outplayed and a pretty average Cardiff side could have been 2 or 3 up before a wonder goal put Wolves ahead. Then Cardiff missed two penalties in injury time. Not treating them lightly but not bricking it either
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 15, 2018, 12:45:26 PM
Reply #112

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Away games become massively important to us in Spring.

Home games from the 23rd Feb onward go: City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, United.
There is 1 away game inbetween each of them at the minute.

Better than them all just being lumped together on the trot like last year though, i suppose.

Yeah was just looking at that now.

Up to that point we’ve always got a fixture after a tough game where we should be able to avoid longish periods without a win.

Hopefully this year we’re more confident by then as we’ve tended to win 2 or 3 of those home fixtures if we’re playing well.

June 15, 2018, 02:22:00 PM
Reply #113

dunkster

Think it's hard for us to shake off the fact that only a few weeks ago our team was playing fucking awful football.
Obviously wolves will be well up for it on their return, but silvas Watford came straight out if the blocks themselves last season.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 15, 2018, 05:02:09 PM
Reply #114

themilkycoffees

I think they’ll beat us based on current squads and starting elevens but that could change depending on transfers obviously

How is their starting eleven or squad in any way better than ours? This type of mentality needs binning off. It'll be a tough game, no doubt, but we should be winning there.

June 15, 2018, 05:05:50 PM
Reply #115

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
How is their starting eleven or squad in any way better than ours? This type of mentality needs binning off. It'll be a tough game, no doubt, but we should be winning there.

But we haven’t won against teams like Norwich, Leicester and Watford on the opening day.

June 15, 2018, 05:06:00 PM
Reply #116

Ramjam

Should be winning yes, but have you watched our performances of late? And we have the same players atm
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 15, 2018, 05:11:17 PM
Reply #117

themilkycoffees

But we haven’t won against teams like Norwich, Leicester and Watford on the opening day.

Exactly my point. The acceptance that a draw is okay is a big factor in why we haven't. The mentality of the club is the biggest thing that needs to change. I would say we've had a more talented team than all of those in the respective years and a draw has been seen as a decent result, especially if away.

June 15, 2018, 05:14:40 PM
Reply #118

themilkycoffees

Should be winning yes, but have you watched our performances of late? And we have the same players atm

Of course I have. Wolves have a couple of quality players but as a team, still think we're far superior. Lots of things have and will change before 11th August.

June 15, 2018, 05:17:18 PM
Reply #119

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
I would have rather had a few tough opening fixtures against the top teams whose players have been playing all summer at the world cup and not fit enough to start the season for their clubs