October 16, 2018, 04:46:20 PM

Author Topic: I just love this man  (Read 2744 times)

June 05, 2018, 04:38:37 PM
Reply #45

sam of the south

And no Nev thread can be complete without this, obviously.

Yes, remember this so clearly.

Owen=bellend, Nev=the truth.

No surprises there.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 05, 2018, 04:40:22 PM
Reply #46

Macca77

Name a stand after him at Bramley Moore

June 05, 2018, 04:42:15 PM
Reply #47

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

The biggest stand? 😉
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 05, 2018, 04:42:29 PM
Reply #48

Bluedylan

Yes, remember this so clearly.

Owen=bellend, Nev=the truth.

No surprises there.

Haha. Owen's such a cunt. There was an article a few years later where they interviewed the kid, who was a young adult by then I think, and he said he was petrified when they were filming it and Owen's showboating made him feel a million times worse.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 05, 2018, 04:44:27 PM
Reply #49

Macca77

The biggest stand? 😉

Oh yes, the big massive scruffy one

June 05, 2018, 04:49:17 PM
Reply #50

themilkycoffees

Haha. Owen's such a cunt. There was an article a few years later where they interviewed the kid, who was a young adult by then I think, and he said he was petrified when they were filming it and Owen's showboating made him feel a million times worse.

Michael Owen. You can't help but hate him.

June 05, 2018, 04:50:56 PM
Reply #51

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Used to watch that show every Sunday after I’d been playing footy.

What was the one where the lad had a poster of Owen on his wall and he’d jump out and give him a pep talk before he had a big game?

June 05, 2018, 05:04:53 PM
Reply #52

arteta4spain

Was there any reason as to why he has never been on the team as a goalkeeping coach. With him being our best ever keeper it makes sense for him to be here. Christ Ferguson is on the coaching team. His athleticism back in the day was exceptional!

June 05, 2018, 05:23:00 PM
Reply #53

BigJoe

It would need to be in the South end of the stadium ... The South Hall

June 05, 2018, 05:32:53 PM
Reply #54

Macca77

It would need to be in the South end of the stadium ... The South Hall

:badum:

June 06, 2018, 02:54:17 AM
Reply #55

Stumpy

I remember at the time that save was pretty much the title decider because if put an end to any hopes Spurs had of catching us. So many times Nev won us the game with his incredible goalkeeping.

You are right joe.That was a huge 4 days for us.The Spurs game was played on a Wednesday night and believe it or not on the Saturday before the afternoon games kicked off we were only above Spurs on goal difference.We had a very tricky game at Southampton and Spurs had a gimee at home to a villa side that had lost 6 on the bounce,we could easily have ended the day behind them.At half time both games were goaless,but within 10 mins of the start of the second half we went 2-0 up and they went 2-0 down.The spurs game stayed at 2-0 while Jordan pulled a late goal back for the saints we won 2-1 after big Nev had saved a penalty at 2-0.So that midweek game at whl was paramount for spurs,they simply couldn't afford to lose,but thanks to Nev's fantastic save they did.When the final whistle went and the dust settled that's when I KNEW we would win the league.

June 06, 2018, 04:21:25 AM
Reply #56

sam of the south

You are right joe.That was a huge 4 days for us.The Spurs game was played on a Wednesday night and believe it or not on the Saturday before the afternoon games kicked off we were only above Spurs on goal difference.We had a very tricky game at Southampton and Spurs had a gimee at home to a villa side that had lost 6 on the bounce,we could easily have ended the day behind them.At half time both games were goaless,but within 10 mins of the start of the second half we went 2-0 up and they went 2-0 down.The spurs game stayed at 2-0 while Jordan pulled a late goal back for the saints we won 2-1 after big Nev had saved a penalty at 2-0.So that midweek game at whl was paramount for spurs,they simply couldn't afford to lose,but thanks to Nev's fantastic save they did.When the final whistle went and the dust settled that's when I KNEW we would win the league.

Fucking hell, I got both erect and depressed reading that.

Like a post-coital feeling, except with an erection replacing self-loathing.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 06, 2018, 04:38:44 AM
Reply #57

Ramjam

I was watching that Spurs game with my Dad and uncle who are both Spurs fans and they acknowledged the class that oozed from that Everton side, I couldn’t wait for the finish whistle after the big man pulled off that save from  Mark Falco. I also knew that was the night we won the league
WE ARE THE PEOPLE