November 21, 2018, 08:18:21 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Dowell  (Read 1760 times)

June 10, 2018, 08:01:43 PM
Reply #15

Paddockoldie

Cool taken that. Many would have blasted it but he picked his spot so it didn't get blocked. I think there's a player there and he needs to be given a chance pre season to see if he's progressed since the loan.

June 10, 2018, 08:14:19 PM
Reply #16

dunkster

Love it when you loan a young player to a team who then decide to play him out of position and cause a drastic downturn in form.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 10, 2018, 08:35:01 PM
Reply #17

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Sure he'll get his chance pre-season.

Not sure there's an obvious role for him in a Silva side but I'm sure there'll be one found if he's good enough.
The lad is obviously a very good player. He will get a chance again, I'm with you, not sure where he fits in the 433 system but listening to brands saying rather than buying squad players we will use the young lads then I can see him getting time

Maybe the left of the 3 up top
Simply simply lovely

June 10, 2018, 11:04:37 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

Depends on how many we ship out the door to ease the wage bill on whether he'll get a crack this season. In my opinion he's still not there yet and with Silva's high press/tempo his game could either be a very neat cog in the middle of it or be way out of his depth. Time will tell.

June 10, 2018, 11:09:57 PM
Reply #19

Juanito

Think another loan will do him good.

June 11, 2018, 02:33:57 AM
Reply #20

Danny

I'd sell him with a buy back

June 11, 2018, 02:36:25 AM
Reply #21

Ross

I'd sell him with a buy back

Really? Heís just turned twenty and has great potential. Why sell him?

I can see the argument for another loan but thatís a bit drastic.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 11, 2018, 02:57:58 AM
Reply #22

KoemansNumberTens

Not necessarily him but I think thereís a decent argument for moving on some of the young players soon. On the cheap but with a big sell on clause or a cheap buy back. Let them get on with their careers with some insurance for us. Is it Pennington the centre half who weíve just renewed? Absolutely no point in that

June 11, 2018, 03:39:36 AM
Reply #23

Ross

Not necessarily him but I think thereís a decent argument for moving on some of the young players soon. On the cheap but with a big sell on clause or a cheap buy back. Let them get on with their careers with some insurance for us. Is it Pennington the centre half who weíve just renewed? Absolutely no point in that

Depends on potential, age and what we have currently though doesnít it.

Iím all for making sure these young players get a shot either here or elsewhere to forge a good career, especially if theyíve come through the academy, but itís a fine balance.

Dowell very much ticks all the boxes as a keep though and I really canít see any argument that makes a very talented, highly thought of, young, local player being sold presently.

Maybe that'd change if he wants away but so far he seems happy with his career path. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 11, 2018, 03:44:02 AM
Reply #24

KoemansNumberTens

Depends on potential, age and what we have currently though doesnít it.

Iím all for making sure these young players get a shot either here or elsewhere to forge a good career, especially if theyíve come through the academy, but itís a fine balance.

Dowell very much ticks all the boxes as a keep though and I really canít see any argument that makes a very talented, highly thought of, young, local player being sold presently.

Maybe that'd change if he wants away but so far he seems happy with his career path. 

Be daft to make that decision on him now. Thereís clearly a potential path for him getting decent minutes with us

June 11, 2018, 02:17:35 PM
Reply #25

Morta75

Could be way off her, but I see him a bit like a young Gareth Barry. The pace I agree with, but still not that slow he is... hmmm...
Thanks for a lote off good opinions

June 11, 2018, 02:17:35 PM
Reply #26

Toddacelli

I think his next move should be inbetween.
Don't think he's ready to break into our first team. Don't think another loan at that level will improve him.

Loan to another PL team? Maybe a newly promoted team? (although they tend to cling to the nucleus of what brought them up when it comes to the middle of the park)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 11, 2018, 10:15:23 PM
Reply #27

Danny

I don't see him making it here in the next few years, I think it'd be better for him to go out and see what life is like outside of Everton and if he makes it we can snap him back up on the cheap, if he doesn't then he definitely wouldn't have playing for us.