August 24, 2019, 01:01:19 AM

Author Topic: Marvin Plattenhardt  (Read 9349 times)

June 13, 2018, 12:09:07 AM
Read 9349 times

Bluedylan

Yep Iím having some of that. Fallen for him Hardt.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 13, 2018, 02:48:14 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

I think the passing should improve generally as well, if the manager actually encourages it and trains it.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

June 13, 2018, 05:29:40 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

It may be a risk balancing on the edge of stupidity, but I would rather keep Baines and Robinson as a cover than sign this sort of player. The lad (Robinson) was really impressive against France.

If you sign him though, you get a 26 year old first team player who is the second in line for Germany, with Baines as the rotation option and Robinson as the future option (if he develops well).

June 17, 2018, 10:44:44 PM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Hows he played?

Not had much to do. All the play has come down the other side, for both teams. Camped out in the opposition half, like Kimmich, as Germany like to do.

June 18, 2018, 06:30:19 AM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

Doubt Robinson will stick around if he is not our fist choice within the next two years or so.

That's on him then, to get good enough to be our first choice left back.

June 18, 2018, 06:59:05 AM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

Sure, but that is not really germane to my (not entirely clear) point, which is that I don't see a future where we go forward next season with Plattenhardt and Robinson, because I don't think either will being willing to play second fiddle to the other.

TheRam did state that going forward with both would be an "ideal scenario" not a "realistic one," which I suppose I agree with!

I still re-iterate my insinuation and point, that Robinson isn't in a position to be expecting to be 1st choice at a top half Prem team yet.

June 18, 2018, 02:08:45 PM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

Finally linked with the German left back. And he is crap. Everton that.

You're probably joking, but he's not crap. The defeat wasn't on him, because they never really went down his side of the pitch.