September 23, 2018, 01:09:57 PM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen reportedly happy to leave Everton  (Read 11817 times)

July 20, 2018, 02:03:50 AM
Reply #60

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I didn’t watch the friendly yesterday but are people not being a bit reactionary to write him off after one pre-season game? I appreciate it comes after a poor showing when he played last season, but back then the consensus was people wanted to see him given more of a chance.

I really want to see him succeed but I’ve just seen too much now I think.

Saw too much evidence at the time that he was a bit of a passenger who contributed only directly in front of goal (but did work his socks off) e.g passmap of a Dutch international game, Dutch or football people dicscussing him on twitter or reddit and I know individually it sounds stupid but combined with what we’ve seen of him so far - I do think he is very limited with the ball. I don’t think he’s a clever little player at all, I actually think he’s basic as fuck and at his very best would be like an Aldi Sigurdsson - he is supposed to just pop up in the box or on the edge of the box to finish or maybe lay someone off but he doesn’t do it.

Sigurdsson has the same job but has shown he can do it basically.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 20, 2018, 02:06:09 AM
Reply #61

KoemansNumberTens

Money is fuck all to do with it. He is a human being, he is trying hard. He just isnt good enough and that must hurt.

He had the chance to play for Napoli. I find it a little concerning that he didn’t take it at least in the short term. Of course it’s a shame in terms of his ambitions that he hasn’t done well. It’s relative though. Feel more sorry for the club footing the bill for his failure

July 20, 2018, 02:16:20 AM
Reply #62

Lxxx

He had the chance to play for Napoli. I find it a little concerning that he didn’t take it at least in the short term. Of course it’s a shame in terms of his ambitions that he hasn’t done well. It’s relative though. Feel more sorry for the club footing the bill for his failure

Apparently the reasoning was the money owed to him in image rights or something. His agent didn't like the deal on the table so he stayed.

July 20, 2018, 02:41:27 AM
Reply #63

Fynci

Mega mega sad for him. He was worshiped at Ajax and i hate that this move has basically ruined his career :(

They still have a signed Klaassen Ajax shirt in Tabac (a bar in Jordaan area of Amsterdam). I want(ed) it to work so bad but I am with Gash on this one, it just isn’t happening. I think there is an element of bad luck, poor understanding with team mates, and confidence. He is a good player but we haven’t seen it, and will unlikely get to see it either.

July 20, 2018, 02:43:08 AM
Reply #64

KoemansNumberTens

Apparently the reasoning was the money owed to him in image rights or something. His agent didn't like the deal on the table so he stayed.

And that’s the worry.  Not playing at a struggling Everton. Has a chance of a short term deal with title chasing Napoli and turns it down over money. You’d think he’d jump at that chance

July 20, 2018, 02:47:14 AM
Reply #65

plumber

Money is fuck all to do with it. He is a human being, he is trying hard. He just isnt good enough and that must hurt.

If money has nothing to do with it, there's absolutely no need to feel sad for him. He can reject 100k a week here and  rejuvenate his career in Holland, Turkey or wherever.

If he stays here, he stays because of  money, so there's no reason to pity him anyway.

July 20, 2018, 02:48:17 AM
Reply #66

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
And that’s the worry.  Not playing at a struggling Everton. Has a chance of a short term deal with title chasing Napoli and turns it down over money. You’d think he’d jump at that chance

The Napoli owner insists on taking control of a players image rights when they play for Napoli.

Something which is very rare for an owner to do. Considering a players image rights are a big part of their income he has every right to turn down the move.

He wouldn’t be the first player to turn down Napoli for this reason.

July 20, 2018, 02:55:06 AM
Reply #67

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
As if Koeman and Walsh didn't watch players.
Can you hear yourself?

Every transfer is a gamble. Klaassen was one worth taking

July 20, 2018, 02:56:05 AM
Reply #68

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

July 20, 2018, 02:56:19 AM
Reply #69

Mayor Farnum

If we move him on without him requesting a move either ourselves or the buying club will be paying up a large part of what is left on his Everton contract.

July 20, 2018, 02:56:25 AM
Reply #70

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Would have been interesting to see him play at Napoli as Sarri had a high energy style.

In one way you’d think it wouldn’t have suited him at all.

But on the flip side I think working as part of a well organised team where players are closer together and higher up the pitch would reduce the need for longer runs etc.

I actually thought his movement last night was quite interesting but the one time where he got in down the right he put in an awful cross.

July 20, 2018, 03:01:27 AM
Reply #71

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The Napoli owner insists on taking control of a players image rights when they play for Napoli.

Something which is very rare for an owner to do. Considering a players image rights are a big part of their income he has every right to turn down the move.

He wouldn’t be the first player to turn down Napoli for this reason.

Does he have an image?
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

July 20, 2018, 03:02:19 AM
Reply #72

Robber Rodwell

Let Ajax take him on loan for the season and pay some of his wages.  let him regain his confidence, and see how he does back home.  I personally think he is not a prem level player at this point.

July 20, 2018, 03:05:03 AM
Reply #73

Mayor Farnum

He's got Celtic legend written all over him.

July 20, 2018, 03:27:27 AM
Reply #74

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would have been interesting to see him play at Napoli as Sarri had a high energy style.

In one way you’d think it wouldn’t have suited him at all.

But on the flip side I think working as part of a well organised team where players are closer together and higher up the pitch would reduce the need for longer runs etc.

I actually thought his movement last night was quite interesting but the one time where he got in down the right he put in an awful cross.

Clearly the answer is we need Martina on the pitch to unlock him with silky back heels.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.