November 18, 2018, 01:14:23 AM

Author Topic: Pickford  (Read 16121 times)

July 27, 2018, 07:18:14 PM
Reply #300

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Been worried this would happen.

They need a keeper and he’s the obvious candidate.

World record fee and nothing else, nice one.

July 27, 2018, 07:19:11 PM
Reply #301

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
£65-£70m if they want him and can do it this week to give us time to replace.

Wouldn’t want to sell but ultimately it is only a keeper.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2018, 07:19:23 PM
Reply #302

Waltzer

Hahaha what a load of bollocks, they would have to smash the transfer record for a goalie to tempt us

And if they did? Usually id be all against this, and dont get me wrong I do love Pickford, but hes not perfect. But assuming we could get 60-70 million for him and pick up Butland for 30, i might be tempted?

July 27, 2018, 07:19:48 PM
Reply #303

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Haven’t they just signed Rob Green?

Next...

July 27, 2018, 07:20:47 PM
Reply #304

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Just get the 160k a week five year deal with a 100mil release clause sorted asap and end this before its started.

July 27, 2018, 07:22:03 PM
Reply #305

School of Science

And if they did? Usually id be all against this, and dont get me wrong I do love Pickford, but hes not perfect. But assuming we could get 60-70 million for him and pick up Butland for 30, i might be tempted?

Only trouble with that scenario is if Stoke or whoever know we've got £65m for Pickford, what do you think k they'd want for their keepers.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 27, 2018, 07:23:18 PM
Reply #306

Heisenberg

Would cost them 80-100 mil in this market. They won't spend that surely. I wouldn't even sell him for that aswell with our recent record of spending big money

July 27, 2018, 07:23:21 PM
Reply #307

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Only trouble with that scenario is if Stoke or whoever know we've got £65m for Pickford, what do you think k they'd want for their keepers.

Yes Pickford is only “worth” £60-70m because if what they spent.

That’ll drag everyone else up too.

July 27, 2018, 07:23:26 PM
Reply #308

Waltzer

True, but they've already stated they want circa 30 million based on what Picks went for last year. Plus they're in the Championship with a player that wants out

July 27, 2018, 07:23:36 PM
Reply #309

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
They couldn't say Butland costs the same as Pickford keeps him out the team, well they could but you'd like to think we'd say nah yer alright
Simply simply lovely

July 27, 2018, 07:24:26 PM
Reply #310

Evertonian in NC

No fucking way do I let Pickford go at any price in a transitional year with this shambolic defense.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 27, 2018, 07:25:30 PM
Reply #311

School of Science

They couldn't say Butland costs the same as Pickford keeps him out the team, well they could but you'd like to think we'd say nah yer alright

No don't think  they'd ask for the same as Pickford, but you can bet your bottom dollar the price would shoot up.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 27, 2018, 07:25:54 PM
Reply #312

Evertonian in NC

Pickford is streets ahead of Butland, we finally have a diamond of a player (first post-Lukaku sniff).  Let's keep him for more than one season, eh?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 27, 2018, 07:28:55 PM
Reply #313

Tofifee

These are the perils of supporting a "smaller" club
We all knew watching the WC, we all knew what was coming. We were proud of our lad but we knew deep down, that little nagging feeling that this meant he wouldn't be our lad for much longer
The pain of being an Everton fan is that you want your players to do well, but not TOO well, for club or country, cos soon as they do, a bigger club comes in and they are gone.

This is why we should all be in Coleman fan club, he has shown incredible loyalty and honour to our club. Loyalty that is not common place in football today

Pickford is a goner. Maybe not this window, but the wheels are in motion, he wont be around for long

Thats just a fact  :(

July 27, 2018, 07:31:26 PM
Reply #314

Waltzer

These are the perils of supporting a "smaller" club
We all knew watching the WC, we all knew what was coming. We were proud of our lad but we knew deep down, that little nagging feeling that this meant he wouldn't be our lad for much longer
The pain of being an Everton fan is that you want your players to do well, but not TOO well, for club or country, cos soon as they do, a bigger club comes in and they are gone.

This is why we should all be in Coleman fan club, he has shown incredible loyalty and honour to our club. Loyalty that is not common place in football today

Pickford is a goner. Maybe not this window, but the wheels are in motion, he wont be around for long

Thats just a fact  :(

Tend to agree, although I refuse to 'like' that comment, sorry!! :(