September 25, 2018, 08:57:35 AM

Author Topic: Pickford  (Read 14809 times)

July 27, 2018, 08:30:43 PM
Reply #345

Ross

This would be the best summer to sell him if itís all about generating income and not about trying to build a team.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 27, 2018, 08:30:43 PM
Reply #346

AllyBlue14

Said in the General Transfer Window thread, this was always going to happen. Maguire and Pickford are the only 2 England World Cup heroes not at teams the press deem worthy and sure enough, they're both linked with moves on the same day. The story stinks of rumour-mongering.

His stock couldn't be much higher at the moment - after a season where he was questioned in the media, he had a decent World Cup (Colombia and Sweden mainly) and obviously with England's run, his profile has skyrocketed. If we're ever going to fleece Chelsea (or whoever else - I can see Arsenal looking to replace Cech before long) for him, it'd be now.

The other encouraging thing is that Butland would probably be available as would Heaton (although 32 now) and Pope (injured perhaps seriously last night) from Burnley, all of whom would be decent replacements. I'm not big on goalkeepers, there are probably more but they were the ones off the top of my head.

Pickford was one of the few bright spots last season, so we should do what we can to hold on to him. If push comes to shove and he looks to leave, though, at least there are a few shreds of comfort if we act quickly enough.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:35:51 PM by AllyBlue14 »

July 27, 2018, 08:32:42 PM
Reply #347

Robioto

Only in this ludicrous country, with our ludicrous press controlling at least 52% of the minds of our ludicrous population, could Pickford go from being unanimously written off and ridiculed, to then saving a penalty that was punted down the middle, and now being touted to go to Chelsea for £70m, all in the space of a few weeks.

Cunt off.

Well said.

July 27, 2018, 08:48:54 PM
Reply #348

SANA_DR0

Only in this ludicrous country, with our ludicrous press controlling at least 52% of the minds of our ludicrous population, could Pickford go from being unanimously written off and ridiculed, to then saving a penalty that was punted down the middle, and now being touted to go to Chelsea for £70m, all in the space of a few weeks.

Cunt off.

its not always in football either...
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 27, 2018, 08:57:44 PM
Reply #349

Lxxx

His agent will understandably be all over this. I'm pretty ambivalent either way to be honest, wake me up on the 10th.

July 27, 2018, 09:09:13 PM
Reply #350

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
His agent will understandably be all over this. I'm pretty ambivalent either way to be honest, wake me up at the end of the season when we are 10th.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2018, 09:10:22 PM
Reply #351

sam of the south

If they gave us £50m and RLC with no buy-back clause and Batshuayi on loan, and we could get Butland for £25m-£30, and Digne and Mina for £35-£40m, Iíd be fine with it.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 27, 2018, 09:12:48 PM
Reply #352

eugene

If they gave us £50m and RLC with no buy-back clause and Batshuayi on loan, and we could get Butland for £25m-£30, and Digne and Mina for £35-£40m, I'd be fine with it.
Nah William please then your other deals and Iím in

July 27, 2018, 09:17:12 PM
Reply #353

Trublue

If they gave us £50m and RLC with no buy-back clause and Batshuayi on loan, and we could get Butland for £25m-£30, and Digne and Mina for £35-£40m, Iíd be fine with it.

We'd never get a deal that good,  yes sell him with a player coming the other way. Then bring in Butland. Wouldn't mind that but this is Everton.  We'd fail to replace him.

July 27, 2018, 09:17:57 PM
Reply #354

sam of the south

Nah William please then your other deals and Iím in

Willian wouldnít come to us, mate

July 27, 2018, 09:18:17 PM
Reply #355

sam of the south

We'd never get a deal that good,  yes sell him with a player coming the other way. Then bring in Butland. Wouldn't mind that but this is Everton.  We'd fail to replace him.

Jags is good between the sticks ;)

July 27, 2018, 09:20:18 PM
Reply #356

eugene

Willian wouldn't come to us, mate
Really!

July 27, 2018, 09:24:10 PM
Reply #357

sam of the south

July 27, 2018, 09:36:20 PM
Reply #358

Simon Paul

Administrator
Boss at diving like

July 27, 2018, 09:38:43 PM
Reply #359

Evertonian in NC

That would be fucking hilarious, Jags ended up as our #1 for the next 5 seasons.  All together now...EVERTON, THAT.  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin