December 14, 2018, 09:43:12 PM

Author Topic: Funes Mori gone  (Read 5298 times)

June 22, 2018, 04:01:55 AM
Reply #60

Cozzie

Excellent. Nearly double what we paid for him.

In fairness he has won numerous caps for Argentina since he signed for us so thats about right.

June 22, 2018, 04:21:02 AM
Reply #61

toffee_scot

He did ok for us but a move to Villareal is best for all parties, if we really did sell him for 20m euros then that is fantastic bit of business.

Hopefully we go out and buy a better defender, it we could get one that is left footed and could even cover at left back then that would be a real bonus.

June 22, 2018, 04:23:03 AM
Reply #62

Mayor Farnum

No way has anyone paid nearly 20 million quid for him.

June 22, 2018, 04:27:36 AM
Reply #63

Lxxx

Id be shocked if we did get the 20m that is quoted. Id be more inclined to believe the lower figure but whatever it is its another sub standard body off the wage bill on the way to building a squad fit for purpose.

June 22, 2018, 04:59:04 AM
Reply #64

Gash

Global Moderator
It never ceases to amaze me how wound up people get. Just reading the comments on here and Facebook etc and people are getting wound up because we've sold FM but still have Williams, Keane and Jagielka as if the fucking window closes at midnight tonight and that's what we'll be left with.

People need to calm down, it's been clear from the start that Brands wants to trim the squad and there will be many more days like this where we get rid of fringe/squad players, Just because they go doesn't mean there won't be players coming in and even if there isn't, at least we're getting the squad down to manageable levels before we replace what's going out. Hopefully there will be more going out than coming in as we don't need nearly as big a squad as we have at the moment.

June 22, 2018, 05:09:40 AM
Reply #65

Bluedylan

We've had them off.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 22, 2018, 05:10:54 AM
Reply #66

Macca77

We obviously sent them a YouTube video of his bests bits and they fell for it

June 22, 2018, 05:15:01 AM
Reply #67

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I liked him. Probably for all the wrong reasons though.

June 22, 2018, 05:24:05 AM
Reply #68

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That's two names off the first team list so far.

I'd have liked to have seen the back of Williams before Mori, but as long as Williams departs, not too worried.

Good luck to Mori, he was always good for a goal at either end.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

June 22, 2018, 05:32:24 AM
Reply #69

Tony Clifton

Get out!

June 22, 2018, 05:41:02 AM
Reply #70

blueski

Hope he does well there - got no complaints on his workrate or commitment to the club while here

but we had better be in the market for CBs with pace/athleticism and  aerial presence now
Nil Satis

June 22, 2018, 06:07:45 AM
Reply #71

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Liked him. Better than most of our CBs here but the anything over 10M is a good fee
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 22, 2018, 06:12:13 AM
Reply #72

AllyBlue14

That's two names off the first team list so far.

I'd have liked to have seen the back of Williams before Mori, but as long as Williams departs, not too worried.

Good luck to Mori, he was always good for a goal at either end.

Who's the other? Or do you mean Funes and Mori? ;)

June 22, 2018, 08:19:31 AM
Reply #73

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Who's the other? Or do you mean Funes and Mori? ;)
Robles although I guess he officially goes at the end of the month.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

June 22, 2018, 02:15:48 PM
Reply #74

sam of the south

It never ceases to amaze me how wound up people get. Just reading the comments on here and Facebook etc and people are getting wound up because we've sold FM but still have Williams, Keane and Jagielka as if the fucking window closes at midnight tonight and that's what we'll be left with.

People need to calm down, it's been clear from the start that Brands wants to trim the squad and there will be many more days like this where we get rid of fringe/squad players, Just because they go doesn't mean there won't be players coming in and even if there isn't, at least we're getting the squad down to manageable levels before we replace what's going out. Hopefully there will be more going out than coming in as we don't need nearly as big a squad as we have at the moment.

People getting wound up by other people getting wound up never ceases to amuse me  :snigger:
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them