December 10, 2018, 10:56:31 AM

Author Topic: Loftus-Cheek  (Read 6831 times)

June 24, 2018, 03:57:06 PM
Reply #30

Gash

Global Moderator
Was John Terry part of their academy? I donít remember if he was pre or post Abram.

Aye, made his debut about 5 years before Abramovich took over.

June 24, 2018, 04:03:43 PM
Reply #31

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Donít understand Chelsea, buy Barkley and loan out RLC, fucking madness but hi ho I hope weíre all over it.

Talk is they will bring RLC back and send Barkley to Crystal Palace.

June 24, 2018, 04:05:03 PM
Reply #32

Ramjam

Canít turn a trick can we
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 24, 2018, 04:11:12 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

Makes sense

June 24, 2018, 05:02:14 PM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is that chart for academy players though or just players like Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah etc who were bought young and sold on but they were never academy players? Genuine question like as it's not that clear but I think you're probably getting young players bought and put into the first team squad mixed up with young academy players who've come through the ranks, of which there's not many.

I remember an article about 5-6 years ago about Chelsea's academy since Abramovich took over, it had cost something like £65m to set up and fund yet not one player (at that point) had managed to establish themselves in the Premier League squad.

Yes that is for all players to be fair, but I donít see a huge difference between kids who are brought in when 10 and kids who are brought in when 17 like De Bruyne.

Iím sure Abramovich does want youth products to come through and flourish (donít we all!), my issue with it was the idea of Chelseaís set up being portrayed as having failed and being against Abramovichís wishes, when really its a deliberate strategy that is working very well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 24, 2018, 05:02:49 PM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Watch him have a boss year now.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 24, 2018, 05:43:03 PM
Reply #36

gizzblue

Watch him have a boss year now.

Well he can look forward to Newcastle twice if he can emulate his best ever 45 mins in a blue shirt .
Born not made a blue .

June 26, 2018, 05:36:53 AM
Reply #37

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 26, 2018, 01:53:43 PM
Reply #38

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Think itís time to turn to the other cheek
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 26, 2018, 02:52:57 PM
Reply #39

Hawkandro

I'd take him for the season on-loan. Give Brands and Silva time to clear out some more dead wood and identify replacements for next summer then. Nothing wrong with taking a player on-loan for the season.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 26, 2018, 04:35:42 PM
Reply #40

boothill

farquar-smyth  or  sinclair-jones , both with hyphens would be good

June 29, 2018, 02:23:45 AM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Canít believe anyone is having this hype job is better than Ross Barkley.

Like a less-explosive Ross with no eye for a killer pass.

June 29, 2018, 02:26:25 AM
Reply #42

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Two hamstrings and less jets to Vegas though.

June 29, 2018, 02:56:02 AM
Reply #43

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

I've very little to base him on as I haven't seen much of him. However, he's been completely anonymous for me these last two starts for England. Not particularly dominant given his size and has so far shown nothing in terms of end product.

June 29, 2018, 03:01:58 AM
Reply #44

Ross

Think he needs to lay off the weights and get more cardio in.

He reminds me of Tom Huddleston, might do well further back but heís not got the stamina for box to box or the speed further up.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.