September 25, 2018, 07:55:08 AM

Author Topic: Loftus-Cheek  (Read 6188 times)

June 24, 2018, 12:53:37 AM
Reply #15

sam of the south

It was a horrible move career-wise.

Good
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 24, 2018, 12:58:10 AM
Reply #16

Ross

Chelseaís academy is a money making machine.

Not from what Iíve read.

They do very well buying young players and loaning them out, but theyíve brought nothing through from grass roots all the way to first team regulars and theyíve ploughed millions in with that aim.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 24, 2018, 12:58:52 AM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not from what I’ve read.

They do very well buying young players and loaning them out, but they’ve brought nothing through from grass roots all the way to first team regulars and they’ve ploughed millions in with that aim.

That’s not the aim

Edit: that might change now the purse strings have been pulled, but for the last 5-10 years the aim has been buy top talent, loan it and sell it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:00:49 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 24, 2018, 01:00:59 AM
Reply #18

Ross

Thatís not the aim

Apparently itís been Abramovich wish for a long time.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 24, 2018, 02:23:18 AM
Reply #19

Paddockoldie

I'd love him here but I suspect many others would too. Early bird? At least let him know we'd love to get him.

June 24, 2018, 03:38:48 AM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently itís been Abramovich wish for a long time.

Nah donít buy it
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 24, 2018, 03:42:34 AM
Reply #21

Bob Sacamano

Nah donít buy it

I think he may have meant what Abramovich aspires to have and youíre talking about their business plan?

June 24, 2018, 04:22:37 AM
Reply #22

Waltzer

I can see another Moses situation,  he'll go out on loan again,  sign a new deal with Chelsea and go back when he's ready. They've got too much egg on their face with lukaku,  de bruyne and Salah to let him go

June 24, 2018, 04:30:46 AM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think he may have meant what Abramovich aspires to have and youíre talking about their business plan?

But if itís his wish, why wouldnít their plan reflect that over the last few years.

I think heís chatting wham with no sources, and if abra has said that then itís largely empty pandering.

They recruit incredible amounts of talent, loan them out for fees + wages then sell them. Best academy business in England.

They do this because they can never match united in terms of commercial revenue, so they have adopted a different model.

June 24, 2018, 06:13:54 AM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator
But if itís his wish, why wouldnít their plan reflect that over the last few years.

I think heís chatting wham with no sources, and if abra has said that then itís largely empty pandering.

They recruit incredible amounts of talent, loan them out for fees + wages then sell them. Best academy business in England.

They do this because they can never match united in terms of commercial revenue, so they have adopted a different model.

Is that chart for academy players though or just players like Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah etc who were bought young and sold on but they were never academy players? Genuine question like as it's not that clear but I think you're probably getting young players bought and put into the first team squad mixed up with young academy players who've come through the ranks, of which there's not many.

I remember an article about 5-6 years ago about Chelsea's academy since Abramovich took over, it had cost something like £65m to set up and fund yet not one player (at that point) had managed to establish themselves in the Premier League squad.

June 24, 2018, 06:33:44 AM
Reply #25

Ross

June 24, 2018, 08:24:49 AM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Is that chart for academy players though or just players like Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah etc who were bought young and sold on but they were never academy players? Genuine question like as it's not that clear but I think you're probably getting young players bought and put into the first team squad mixed up with young academy players who've come through the ranks, of which there's not many.

I remember an article about 5-6 years ago about Chelsea's academy since Abramovich took over, it had cost something like £65m to set up and fund yet not one player (at that point) had managed to establish themselves in the Premier League squad.
Was John Terry part of their academy? I donít remember if he was pre or post Abram.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 24, 2018, 09:13:04 AM
Reply #27

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 24, 2018, 09:35:35 AM
Reply #28

Free Agent

Double swoop? With Jack Wilshere  :eh:

June 24, 2018, 09:44:10 AM
Reply #29

Ramjam

Donít understand Chelsea, buy Barkley and loan out RLC, fucking madness but hi ho I hope weíre all over it.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE