September 22, 2018, 10:13:11 PM

Author Topic: Loftus-Cheek  (Read 6163 times)

July 03, 2018, 01:36:02 PM
Reply #90

stirlingblue

Hes looked at his best playing further up the pitch for Palace, I dont think hes got the discipline yet to play in midfield so wed have to be playing a proper DM next to him.

For the price involved, hes not that much better than Davies for me and we have other priority areas

July 03, 2018, 02:00:27 PM
Reply #91

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Different types of players completely, apples and oranges. We should get both.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 03, 2018, 02:07:24 PM
Reply #92

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Have to consider that hes not certain to be kept on by Chelsea.

That has to mean that there is a gamble over his future level.

He looks promising but the comparison with Barkley should be served as a reminder that nothing is guaranteed (and I say that as someone that likes/d Barkley).

July 03, 2018, 02:53:13 PM
Reply #93

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

He looks promising but the comparison with Barkley should be served as a reminder that nothing is guaranteed (and I say that as someone that likes/d Barkley).

If Barkley gets his fitness back he blows this guy out the water imo.

I still cant quite understand the hype considering what hes achieved at 22.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 03, 2018, 02:57:10 PM
Reply #94

Lxxx

Less than the tory from Chelsea who only stood out at Palace because he was taller than Cabaye

Tory?

July 03, 2018, 03:03:06 PM
Reply #95

Macca77

He strong, direct, has pace and goes past players. Not for us that, we're happy with slow lethargic midfielders who cant tackle and love nothing more than sideways and backwards passes

July 03, 2018, 03:06:26 PM
Reply #96

Alanvideo

‘Tory’?
.................it must be the hyphen
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 03, 2018, 03:24:45 PM
Reply #97

Lxxx

I get that but were probably in the market for decent gambles at the minute. I would envisage our new strategy is for players with upside potential rather than overpaying for players who wont improve anymore.

July 03, 2018, 05:14:36 PM
Reply #98

Simon Paul

Administrator
"Tory'?
Double barrelled name innit

July 03, 2018, 06:02:32 PM
Reply #99

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I get that but were probably in the market for decent gambles at the minute. I would envisage our new strategy is for players with upside potential rather than overpaying for players who wont improve anymore.

Yes thats fine.

But thats how he should be thought of rather than someone who would come in and be a guaranteed performer week in week out.

Theres talk of how hed transform our midfield etc but I dont think his consistency is near that yet, so some would be in for a shock (especially given the fee wed probably have to pay).

July 03, 2018, 06:31:46 PM
Reply #100

stirlingblue

Double barrelled name innit

I hope thats a joke and you arent saying that double barrelled names are a Tory thing

July 03, 2018, 06:36:13 PM
Reply #101

Lxxx

Yes thats fine.

But thats how he should be thought of rather than someone who would come in and be a guaranteed performer week in week out.

Theres talk of how hed transform our midfield etc but I dont think his consistency is near that yet, so some would be in for a shock (especially given the fee wed probably have to pay).

I dont think theyd be selling him. Theyll more than likely want him to do another 12 months on loan somewhere outside of the top 6, in which case wed be in a decent position for that.
I suppose its just whether Silva sees a role for him, seeing as his best position seems to be further forward and we have Sig for that.

July 03, 2018, 06:58:46 PM
Reply #102

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I dont think theyd be selling him. Theyll more than likely want him to do another 12 months on loan somewhere outside of the top 6, in which case wed be in a decent position for that.
I suppose its just whether Silva sees a role for him, seeing as his best position seems to be further forward and we have Sig for that.

Nowhere near good enough yet for us to loan him as a development year for them. 

Hes not like Lukaku who would improve most teams as a guaranteed starter.

If were taking gambles on promising players then Id hope that would be after players to actually sign at that stage in their career so we reap the benefit of their improvement.

July 03, 2018, 07:08:50 PM
Reply #103

Lxxx

Nowhere near good enough yet for us to loan him as a development year for them. 

He’s not like Lukaku who would improve most teams as a guaranteed starter.

If we’re taking gambles on promising players then I’d hope that would be after players to actually sign at that stage in their career so we reap the benefit of their improvement.

Fair enough. It's all about opinions.

The whole midfield is slow, stale and needs a complete revamp though. If our focus is on a new, starting 11 quality left back and centre half we might not have much money left if we can't shift out as much as we'd like, therefore a few loan signings of this nature might be a way of bridging that gap while Brands shapes the squad over the next few windows.

I personally think he's got the potential to be a top player. His next move will be a key one.

July 03, 2018, 07:15:12 PM
Reply #104

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough. It's all about opinions.

The whole midfield is slow, stale and needs a complete revamp though. If our focus is on a new, starting 11 quality left back and centre half we might not have much money left if we can't shift out as much as we'd like, therefore a few loan signings of this nature might be a way of bridging that gap while Brands shapes the squad over the next few windows.

I personally think he's got the potential to be a top player. His next move will be a key one.

Yes Id buy him (at a price - whatever that is deemed to be reasonable these days) as he has potential. Just wouldnt want to loan him but can see your point re budget.