October 24, 2019, 01:12:22 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 28270 times)

July 09, 2018, 04:39:44 AM
Reply #420

Bluedylan

Ambiguity for someone with Aspergers isn't their specialty. Especially online.

But cool, tongue in cheek and all that.

Didn't realise you had Aspergers. Apologies if you had said previously, I didn't recall. Can understand the ambiguity. That maybe explains a fair bit with some of the cross purpose conversations at times. Context being difficult on the internet and that.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 09, 2018, 01:26:44 PM
Reply #421

Lxxx

I think the issue is not so much the actual fee as Celtic wanting it paying up front and us baulking at such an outlay in one go, which is understandable.

If that’s the case I can see it getting sorted once they’ve stopped trying it on and start to negotiate. It’s always good to posture for the fan base before rolling over.

July 09, 2018, 02:20:55 PM
Reply #422

Cozzie

I think this will carry on.

How many times did we walk away from the Siggurdson deal before it got completed.

Even if this drags on remember the transfer window shuts BEFORE the season starts, so even if its a deadline day deal he will be in the squad if and when he signs.

Thats the benefit of the window shutting on the 9th we can't blame potential early bad form on lack of signings because we will have no choice but to have them all in.

July 09, 2018, 02:28:39 PM
Reply #423

Macca77

Heads falling off everywhere because we are refusing to overpay for a player. Do people not remember last summer, getting rinsed for Keane, Klaassen etc..or maybe paying 28 million for Bollasie the year before enough is enough.

Evertonians that.

July 09, 2018, 02:32:18 PM
Reply #424

Toddacelli

Heads falling off everywhere because we are refusing to overpay for a player. Do people not remember last summer, getting rinsed for Keane, Klaassen etc..or maybe paying 28 million for Bollasie the year before enough is enough.

Evertonians that.

I know what you're saying but how much is too much.

I believe in this kid - I think he's a left-sided Seamus and I'm quite happy for people to bookmark this post and throw it in my face in the future if the opportunity ever arises - because I truly believe it won't.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 09, 2018, 02:38:15 PM
Reply #425

Macca77

I believe in this kid - I think he's a left-sided Seamus and I'm quite happy for people to bookmark this post and throw it in my face in the future if the opportunity ever arises - because I truly believe it won't.

25 million is way to much for a player who is unproven, yes he looks great in the Scottish Prem, but so could I, that said I still expect us to get this lad, will end up being undisclosed.

We can't afford to let this one drag on, make the a final offer, if they reject then we move on.

July 09, 2018, 02:43:20 PM
Reply #426

Waltzer

We can't afford to let this one drag on, make the a final offer, if they reject then we move on.

By the sounds of it thats the stage we are at, they want 25 million upfront and we've said no, and are moving on

July 09, 2018, 02:44:34 PM
Reply #427

KoemansNumberTens

Too much is when the people we pay to make the decisions decide it’s too much. They might be wrong but surely that’s better than ending up with a player that our experts even believe we’ve overpaid for

July 09, 2018, 02:46:46 PM
Reply #428

Macca77

By the sounds of it thats the stage we are at, they want 25 million upfront and we've said no, and are moving on

And rightly so, he ins't the only left back in the world

July 09, 2018, 03:02:05 PM
Reply #429

Alanvideo

I reckon we will be happy to pay £25m over a period of time but Celtic want it all up front. We did something similar with Pickford apparently.

<<<  The man who made Jordan Pickford the most expensive English goalkeeper in history can allow himself a satisfied smile as the country celebrates reaching the World Cup quarter-finals.
Steve Walsh was Everton’s Director of Football when he urged the club to pay what may eventually be £30million for the 24-year-old. Walsh’s greatest concern was not overvaluing Pickford when agreeing the deal with Sunderland, but how long Everton might keep him if Real Madrid called.
“We never actually paid £30million. The initial outlay was not that much, but was built on Premier League and international appearances,” says Walsh.
“It is fair to say it might eventually be that much. >>>
(Telegraph )

We are special ,we are Everton.

July 09, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
Reply #430

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
My reading of the situation is that we want to top-load with add-ons and bonus payments up to about £23m and Celtic are wanting £25m up front. It's not that we're squirming over £2m. We just want some financial protection in the deal and Celtic want top dollar up front for their star player. Fair play to both sides.

On top of that, and referencing what @Thomas and @Bluedylan have been talking about:
Tierney may not want to leave Celtic and will not kick up a fuss if his board don't sanction it - exactly like Baines & United when Moyes went there.
But that's not the same as prefering to stay. He'll be ambivilent about it. He'll want to come to the premier league. He'll want the wages we have offered (although, let's be fair, we've probably already agreed the wages with him via his agent). but if it doesn't happen? He gets to spend another year with his boyhood club. He's ok with either situation.

July 09, 2018, 04:32:53 PM
Reply #431

Lxxx

My reading of the situation is that we want to top-load with add-ons and bonus payments up to about £23m and Celtic are wanting £25m up front. It's not that we're squirming over £2m. We just want some financial protection in the deal and Celtic want top dollar up front for their star player. Fair play to both sides.

On top of that, and referencing what @Thomas and @Bluedylan have been talking about:
Tierney may not want to leave Celtic and will not kick up a fuss if his board don't sanction it - exactly like Baines & United when Moyes went there.
But that's not the same as prefering to stay. He'll be ambivilent about it. He'll want to come to the premier league. He'll want the wages we have offered (although, let's be fair, we've probably already agreed the wages with him via his agent). but if it doesn't happen? He gets to spend another year with his boyhood club. He's ok with either situation.

Even if we only want to pay half now and the rest in dribs and drabs it's still a huge amount of money for Celtic to be staring down the barrel of potentially losing. There will be members of that board worrying that the lad may badly break a leg or his form may fall off a cliff and ruin how that balance sheet could look. It's a tinpot league with little revenue coming from it. You'd like to think it'd be worked out to our benefit, especially now we have a better negotiating team.

July 09, 2018, 05:00:50 PM
Reply #432

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Generally yeah. But it may be that they're hoping another premier league club think £25m isn't too much of a punt and go with it.

In todays market, i can't see us being the only suitors at that price to be honest. United buying both Tierney and Lozano would be a bit tough to taske to be honest.

July 09, 2018, 05:29:44 PM
Reply #433

Lxxx

Generally yeah. But it may be that they're hoping another premier league club think £25m isn't too much of a punt and go with it.

In todays market, i can't see us being the only suitors at that price to be honest. United buying both Tierney and Lozano would be a bit tough to taske to be honest.

The time to have been testing Celtic's resolve was last summer really and there were a few rumours around at the time. There wouldn't have been the same level of interest in him and we would have been in a better position. I think this is where we'll see the value of Brands in the coming years. 

July 09, 2018, 05:37:22 PM
Reply #434

Juanito

I don’t get where Lozano will fit in there with Sanchez, Lingard, Rashford, Martial, Mata....