August 20, 2019, 05:46:22 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 26784 times)

July 09, 2018, 05:44:33 PM
Reply #435

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I donít get where Lozano will fit in there with Sanchez, Lingard, Rashford, Martial, Mata....

I don't.
I also don't actually believe the reports linking both players with United. I don't disbelieve them either - hard to know what is guess work, genuine information, agents pumping up press, overhyping basic enquiries and just outright lies.

But both of the players you would expect would be "marquee" signings for us have also been linked to United.

July 09, 2018, 06:48:18 PM
Reply #436

blue slug

I don't.
I also don't actually believe the reports linking both players with United. I don't disbelieve them either - hard to know what is guess work, genuine information, agents pumping up press, overhyping basic enquiries and just outright lies.

But both of the players you would expect would be "marquee" signings for us have also been linked to United.

If they sign Lozano perhaps it means martial off, spurs were interested in him weren't they?

July 09, 2018, 08:44:05 PM
Reply #437

claimabstract

"Welcome to your spot on the bench, Lozano." I think it would be catastrophic to his career to go there.

July 09, 2018, 09:29:13 PM
Reply #438

blue slug

Apparently ian McGarry via the daily star has said deal not dead for tierney

July 09, 2018, 09:34:37 PM
Reply #439

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Whilst i wouldn't bet on us actually landing him, i would be astonished if this "we've ended our interest" wasn't part of a negotiating tactic. Once in which Celtic know it is a tactic.
And we know that they know it's a tactic.
etc
etc

Just about whoever is going to blink first.
But i suspect both clubs are lying about what is on the table being their 'final offer'.

July 09, 2018, 09:36:50 PM
Reply #440

Lxxx

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:45:57 PM by Lxxx »

July 09, 2018, 10:20:13 PM
Reply #441

Free Agent

I prefer the good old days when we did our transfer through a handshake and a gentlemanís agreement

July 09, 2018, 10:20:53 PM
Reply #442

blue slug

I prefer the good old days when we did our transfer through a handshake and a gentleman’s agreement

and you found out on Ceefax when it was done

July 09, 2018, 10:34:52 PM
Reply #443

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And then Dan Gosling buggers off to Newcastle.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 09, 2018, 10:44:52 PM
Reply #444

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
And then Dan Gosling buggers off to Newcastle.
That bastard also robbed us of one of the few things we could currently sing to the koppites
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 09, 2018, 11:13:09 PM
Reply #445

D15TIN

and you found out on Ceefax when it was done
ha remember that, followed by a game of Bamboozled

July 09, 2018, 11:20:45 PM
Reply #446

eugene

ha remember that, followed by a game of Bamboozled
And the ticker tape scores running along the bottom of the screen just brill

July 09, 2018, 11:31:09 PM
Reply #447

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And being lucky enough to hear the match on Radio 2 and not having a clue who scored because the crowd cheers would mix in with the medium wave distortion and it would take a few minutes to figure out what went down.

Ah the good old days...
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 10, 2018, 12:19:36 AM
Reply #448

Alanvideo

And being lucky enough to hear the match on Radio 2 and not having a clue who scored because the crowd cheers would mix in with the medium wave distortion and it would take a few minutes to figure out what went down.

Ah the good old days...
..................the teleprinter on Grandstand when it used to stall for a few seconds..................
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 10, 2018, 12:26:20 AM
Reply #449

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
..................the teleprinter on Grandstand when it used to stall for a few seconds..................

Oh I loved that. The excitement and anticipation.

And then Grandstand would be showing horse racing or something really boring like that and it seemed to take ages for them to get to the scores.