August 25, 2019, 02:50:16 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 26883 times)

July 10, 2018, 12:34:35 AM
Reply #450

Toddacelli

Too much is when the people we pay to make the decisions decide itís too much. They might be wrong but surely thatís better than ending up with a player that our experts even believe weíve overpaid for

Fuck that - if we buy him for #25M he'll be worth more than double that after his first full season with us. Kyle Walker went for #50M a year ago FFS!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 10, 2018, 12:50:14 AM
Reply #451

Paddockoldie

If they sign Lozano perhaps it means martial off, spurs were interested in him weren't they?

That's what's being reported. I think he'd have progressed better with us but I would say that. As for Tierney? We'll see if his heads been turned. Could still happen so think the walking away is strategy. Time will tell but shows Marcel ain't fucking around.. Liking it.

July 10, 2018, 12:50:50 AM
Reply #452

Robber Rodwell

Surprised we have not looked at Chilwell from Leicester for the left back role.  Any time I have seen him he immediately reminds me of a young Baines.

July 10, 2018, 12:51:28 AM
Reply #453

School of Science

Fuck that - if we buy him for #25M he'll be worth more than double that after his first full season with us. Kyle Walker went for #50M a year ago FFS!

That's just it how much is too much and will other team's think it's too much. Yes lessons need to be learned from last year, but not at the detriment of our team. Liverpool spent £75m on a centre half last year, if you want to progress, you have to keep up. Every signing is a gamble, but if Brands / Silva have picked him, then we as a club must back them.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 10, 2018, 01:23:34 AM
Reply #454

KoemansNumberTens

That's just it how much is too much and will other team's think it's too much. Yes lessons need to be learned from last year, but not at the detriment of our team. Liverpool spent £75m on a centre half last year, if you want to progress, you have to keep up. Every signing is a gamble, but if Brands / Silva have picked him, then we as a club must back them.

Theyíve picked him at a price. I genuinely canít believe people are advocating doing the same nonsense we did last summer. Letís sign them regardless of price. Thatís not keeping up. We didnít keep up last season. Just paid more and more for players who werenít worth it

July 10, 2018, 01:33:35 AM
Reply #455

School of Science

Theyíve picked him at a price. I genuinely canít believe people are advocating doing the same nonsense we did last summer. Letís sign them regardless of price. Thatís not keeping up. We didnít keep up last season. Just paid more and more for players who werenít worth it

When did we all become accountants ? We didn't keep up last season not because of what we spent, we made th WRONG choices. So believe what you will.

July 10, 2018, 01:49:45 AM
Reply #456

Thomas

My reading of the situation is that we want to top-load with add-ons and bonus payments up to about £23m and Celtic are wanting £25m up front. It's not that we're squirming over £2m. We just want some financial protection in the deal and Celtic want top dollar up front for their star player. Fair play to both sides.

On top of that, and referencing what @Thomas and @Bluedylan have been talking about:
Tierney may not want to leave Celtic and will not kick up a fuss if his board don't sanction it - exactly like Baines & United when Moyes went there.
But that's not the same as prefering to stay. He'll be ambivilent about it. He'll want to come to the premier league. He'll want the wages we have offered (although, let's be fair, we've probably already agreed the wages with him via his agent). but if it doesn't happen? He gets to spend another year with his boyhood club. He's ok with either situation.
Dead on.
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

July 10, 2018, 02:05:22 AM
Reply #457

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
When did we all become accountants ? We didn't keep up last season not because of what we spent, we made th WRONG choices. So believe what you will.

Yes but his point is that it looks like Brands is putting a top limit on what he thinks heís worth, so if weíre backing his judgement re whether heís a good player we have to back his judgement re whatís a fair value to pay.

@Toddacelli Kyle Walker went for £50m as he was proven in a top PL team at a peak age.

For all we know, we might think Tierney is worth £15m but weíre prepared to pay a premium on top of that to get him.

July 10, 2018, 02:08:41 AM
Reply #458

KoemansNumberTens

The accountants and the football people are saying it's too much. This isn't my opinion. I'm not even sure I've ever seen him play. It's the opinion of people of experts we pay millions to. Yet people are saying just pay a few extra million. Like it doesn't matter.

July 10, 2018, 03:47:13 AM
Reply #459

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
The accountants and the football people are saying it's too much. This isn't my opinion. I'm not even sure I've ever seen him play. It's the opinion of people of experts we pay millions to. Yet people are saying just pay a few extra million. Like it doesn't matter.
It doesn't matter if it's someone else's money!!
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 10, 2018, 03:55:57 AM
Reply #460

School of Science

Effinell, it's getting like the Tory party on here calling for " Austerity "  ;)

July 10, 2018, 04:01:29 AM
Reply #461

School of Science

Yes but his point is that it looks like Brands is putting a top limit on what he thinks heís worth, so if weíre backing his judgement re whether heís a good player we have to back his judgement re whatís a fair value to pay.

@Toddacelli Kyle Walker went for £50m as he was proven in a top PL team at a peak age.

For all we know, we might think Tierney is worth £15m but weíre prepared to pay a premium on top of that to get him.

But is it Brands that's saying this, I know the Echo said it was, but what do they know. I hate Twitter with a passion, but there has been a fair bit of rumblings about Brands / Silva being not at all happy about this situation. Being Twitter and ITK's probably bullshit or at least I hope so. But as people say there's no smoke without fire.

July 10, 2018, 04:10:50 AM
Reply #462

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
But itís always easier spending other peopleís money.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 10, 2018, 04:18:44 AM
Reply #463

School of Science

But itís always easier spending other peopleís money.

Wouldn't know never done it  :)

July 10, 2018, 04:25:31 AM
Reply #464

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
But is it Brands that's saying this, I know the Echo said it was, but what do they know. I hate Twitter with a passion, but there has been a fair bit of rumblings about Brands / Silva being not at all happy about this situation. Being Twitter and ITK's probably bullshit or at least I hope so. But as people say there's no smoke without fire.

Brands made it clear in his first press conference that the squad needs trimming and we canít just blow money without thinking about the longer term.

Just because heís young doesnít mean that he has an unlimited value so if what they want is pushing the boundaries of what we think heís worth then Brands will say no.