October 24, 2019, 11:22:38 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 28272 times)

July 02, 2018, 04:28:25 PM
Reply #180

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
As I say, I'm not in anyway optimistic about anyone from league's like Scotland/France/Holland and the ilk. They're gambles.

But fair enough, of the entire league this guy looks like he can make the step up. (As long as is drive isn't tied to boyhood club loyalties, few of the 30+ group will remember being gutted we missed out on Barry Ferguson from rangers and then seeing what he was like at Blackburn).

In today's market I'd be happy to pay 20m and send up both Besic and McCarthy to be honest. They'd both do a good job up there and clear out our squad further.

July 02, 2018, 04:33:06 PM
Reply #181

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Jesus, 55 appearances last season, and played a bit at right back and centre back too.

Obviously bored :) so just for a bit of fun at this stage, if this happens, and with one or two more speculations coming true... here's my team to start away to Wolves ;)

Pickford

Keane ----- Lascelles

Coleman ---------------------------- Tierney
Carvallo

RLC -------- Sig

Walcott ----------------------- Lozano
Tosun

#NotTooSerious

Yes, I still think he wants Carvallo. so to balance the slow and crab like claims:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 04:39:28 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

July 02, 2018, 05:24:26 PM
Reply #182

di_guyo

If the rumours of Besic in part exchange are true it would make sense. Besic's salary would be within their structure, he'd look great up there and it'd allow us to get another off the wage bill and get Tierney's fee down.
Hope this one comes off, it'd future proof that position for the next decade. Although Man U probably thought similar when they bought Shaw so you never know how big money moves will affect young lads, granted we're not at the same pressure levels as them though.

Agreed, Besic would do well there. Something like receiving 20m plus Besic would be great business for Celtic.
Everton & Atleti

July 02, 2018, 05:30:58 PM
Reply #183

Toddacelli

Besic would boss their league without breaking a sweat.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 02, 2018, 05:56:32 PM
Reply #184

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Could be their new Scott Brown.

July 02, 2018, 06:11:05 PM
Reply #185

Waltzer

Besic would be their joint highest earner on 25k per week if he got the same deal, McCarthy would have to take a 50% cut for them even to consider him so I cant see that ever happening

July 02, 2018, 07:18:33 PM
Reply #186

MmmblueBernard

Besic at Celtic? Proper cult hero stuff. Especially after the 30s dismissal in his first old firm derby.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 02, 2018, 07:41:47 PM
Reply #187

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Besic would be their joint highest earner on 25k per week if he got the same deal, McCarthy would have to take a 50% cut for them even to consider him so I cant see that ever happening

He'd agreed that deal in principle before he got injured a little while ago.

July 02, 2018, 08:11:21 PM
Reply #188

Simon Paul

Administrator
Kenny Miller? He only played in one Old Firm game and that was as a second half sub in September.
He got absolutely ransacked in the first half of a game where Rangers ran riot in the first half until celtic destroyed them while carrying this kid

July 02, 2018, 08:16:48 PM
Reply #189

Thomas

Delighted and gutted?

I'd go more for "I told you so, didn't I tell you all, but you all laughed, but I'm right, I'm always right, who told you so"
https://youtu.be/ujg0Penfups

Na delighted and gutted would be more accurate.

July 02, 2018, 09:52:21 PM
Reply #190

D15TIN

As I say, I'm not in anyway optimistic about anyone from league's like Scotland/France/Holland and the ilk. They're gambles.

But fair enough, of the entire league this guy looks like he can make the step up. (As long as is drive isn't tied to boyhood club loyalties, few of the 30+ group will remember being gutted we missed out on Barry Ferguson from rangers and then seeing what he was like at Blackburn).

In today's market I'd be happy to pay 20m and send up both Besic and McCarthy to be honest. They'd both do a good job up there and clear out our squad further.
In fairness to celtic - Wanyama, Van Dijk & Forster all made the grade in the PL

July 02, 2018, 09:54:30 PM
Reply #191

D15TIN

If the rumours of Besic in part exchange are true it would make sense. Besic's salary would be within their structure, he'd look great up there and it'd allow us to get another off the wage bill and get Tierney's fee down.
Hope this one comes off, it'd future proof that position for the next decade. Although Man U probably thought similar when they bought Shaw so you never know how big money moves will affect young lads, granted we're not at the same pressure levels as them though.
Not seen the besic link, wheres that? Besic would boss that league

July 02, 2018, 10:14:54 PM
Reply #192

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
In fairness to celtic - Wanyama, Van Dijk & Forster all made the grade in the PL

There are plenty from the Dutch & French leagues that have made the step.

I'm not saying that playing there automatically makes you shit. I'm just saying that playing there automatically makes you more of a gamble than playing in Germany/Spain/Italy/England (and there have been plenty of flops from all of them leagues as well).

July 02, 2018, 10:27:35 PM
Reply #193

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

July 02, 2018, 10:30:55 PM
Reply #194

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
That was my point too
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...