October 16, 2019, 11:21:26 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 28099 times)

July 03, 2018, 12:24:02 AM
Reply #195

Thomas

I'll ignore the ignorant posts about Scott Sinclair (who doesn't even start) or Tims preferring Liverpool (A WEEK ON TALK CELTIC WILL TELL YOU THEY DONT) OR Celtic being a 'tiny'/right wing club and people slagging players they haven't even seen in a league they never watch and dimishing a clubs achievements when Everton haven't won anything for 23 years. Plenty of stars (as have been mentioned by better posters) have come out of that league from VVD to Wanyama and Roberston. The next one will be James Maddison who an EPL club will buy after a great year at Aberdeen and a decent year at Norwich. Also although I think @Gash has always been dead on with this issue i'd remind him that did Matt Lettiser etc lack ambition for not leaving Southampton? Still made him a quality international player.

That aside why should KT sign for Everton? Its dead simple. He encapsulates what an Everton player should be. Determined, brave and an absolute workhorse but he is someone who can also play football in an attractive way. Good in defence and attack. He plays the game with his heart on his sleeve and I'll be amazed if he doesn't captain a Premier League Team. He reminds me a lot of Leighton Baines and also Dennis Irwin. Both quality full backs. The lad got me believing in football again as for once it was about loving his boyhood club and playing his natural game rather than money and talent being coached out of him. He usually plays well in important games and can score in them too (See his goal vs Aberdeen away).

@Simon Paul mentioned how he has had poor games in big situations such as at Ibrox. All young players have poor games. Tom Davies has a poor game week in week out but nobody says anything on here but instead blows smoke out of his arse. The fact is KT was voted best full back in the group stages of the CL which for a team coming 3rd is a big statement. Athletico Madrid where touted by all reputable media outlets as watching him last season.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40889350
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/celtic-s-kieran-tierney-named-in-uefa-s-champions-league-xi-1-4646894

As @Brownie20 knows I would happily spend a king's ransom on the lad as I've not seen a player in a while I'm so excited about. Selling him for Celtic would be like a Rooney moment. Sad but the club's board as in Rooney's case might do the pushing rather than the other way around. That is the fear of the Celtic fans as they rightly see a player who does not want to leave, has CLEARLY as @Gash himself has rightly said wants to stay for 10 in a row and captain the club. This brings me onto my next point.....

The only teams Celtic supporters can see KT leaving for and being worth his while are the top 4. I have a Man Utd mate at Uni who has loved him for 2 years although he is aware they ruined Liam Miller and as mentioned Barry Ferguson turned out to be shite in our league. But Celtic supporters (If you read the Celtic forums) are clear this is a one in a generation player. He is priceless. The Dembele circus helped keep the limelight and suitors off him because he is equally if not more important to the team than Moussa. As Tims keep saying unless someone offers him silly wages and its a club who can CLEARY win things at without a huge transitional phase, he is better off staying where he belongs. My heart says  I would love him at Everton buy my head agrees with fellow Tims. Unless its a team capable of getting itno the CL he should stay put.

If however he did sign for us I can guarantee you that every Evertonian would fall in love with him. As @Toddacelli has said the lad breaking his jaw, carrying on, being brought off against his will in a treble chasing final against 'The Sheep' (Aberdeen) and then rushing to hospuital and back to pick up the cup tells you the type of lad he is. He has the talent but has the maturity as well. If we buy him it would be an amazing signing but I still think he will stay put and sign for Man Utd or someone further up the league.

The whole situation reminds me of Yarmolenko/Rooney at Dynamo Kyiv or Everton,

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 12:29:34 AM by Thomas »

July 03, 2018, 12:32:01 AM
Reply #196

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Matt Le Tissier a quality international. Didn't he play like three games for England?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 03, 2018, 12:34:03 AM
Reply #197

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Maddison is already with Leicester...
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

July 03, 2018, 12:34:14 AM
Reply #198

Thomas

Matt Le Tissier a quality international. Didn't he play like three games for England?
Haha. Good point poorly made by me. But basically all's I was trying to say was Evertonian's would love KT. He is exactly the type of player our fans would love. Plus Weedgies and Scousers are so similar and have always appreciated the same qualities/things.

July 03, 2018, 12:34:36 AM
Reply #199

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Dennis Irwin...
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

July 03, 2018, 12:34:45 AM
Reply #200

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Also its ATLETICO ...
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

July 03, 2018, 12:34:48 AM
Reply #201

Thomas

Maddison is already with Leicester...
Well you've just proved my point, They also wanted to buy Paddy Roberts too. So the SPL isn't as bad as some think.

July 03, 2018, 12:36:34 AM
Reply #202

Thomas

Dennis Irwin...

Great left foot and two footed. Good in defence and attack. Won everything at Man Utd. He was in Roy Keane's all time best Man Utd team.

July 03, 2018, 12:36:39 AM
Reply #203

Gash

Global Moderator

I did wonder that, 8 according to Wiki. Hardly an England legend but that's for another day.

July 03, 2018, 12:38:44 AM
Reply #204

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I did wonder that, 8 according to Wiki. Hardly an England legend but that's for another day.

Opens the General Football Forum 😉
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 03, 2018, 12:49:19 AM
Reply #205

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Great left foot and two footed. Good in defence and attack. Won everything at Man Utd. He was in Roy Keane's all time best Man Utd team.

Dennis Irwin was quality. Don't think Utd have ever replaced him properly.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 03, 2018, 12:52:13 AM
Reply #206

Thomas

Dennis Irwin was quality. Don't think Utd have ever replaced him properly.

Thanks for the love our Tricky. :)

July 03, 2018, 12:53:42 AM
Reply #207

blue slug

Yeah Irwin was brilliant defensively and going forward to a class player

July 03, 2018, 12:57:52 AM
Reply #208

Thomas

Yeah Irwin was brilliant defensively and going forward to a class player

Thats the best comparison i can make for KT.

July 03, 2018, 01:04:32 AM
Reply #209

blue slug

Thats the best comparison i can make for KT.

If he’s that good we should be really pushing for this transfer