October 19, 2019, 05:19:13 PM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 28182 times)

July 03, 2018, 02:04:47 AM
Reply #225

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Get the deal done Brandawg

July 03, 2018, 02:57:08 AM
Reply #226

Makis

Because the CL is a European SUper League in all but name, its a complete cartel dedicated to protecting the big teams for marketing purposes The last final had a team in it who hadn't won their domestic league in 29 years and Real Madrid who had not won their own in a while either.

Basically, Uefa screwed the smaller nations teams who actually win their own leagues in favour of the top 4 of each big nation.  You can say thats practical but its also immoral.
So that's the reason teams like FC Copenhagen, Sparta Praha, Viktoria Plzen and Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk are above Celtic. They are #48 is UEFA coefficients. The next best Scottish team in that list is Aberdeen at #236. Then there are six teams between #263 and #270. The one other team in that bracket? None other than the footballing giants of Torpedo Zhodino. Let's look at some other giants that are above those six teams: FK Ventspils, PFC Litex Lovech, Käpäz PFK and Neftçi PFK. Above Aberdeen in the rankings you can find teams like CS Pandurii Târgu Jiu, Ermis Aradippou FC, Hapoel Ramat Gan FC, The New Saints FC, Gabala SC and FK Žalgiris Vilnius.

And it's UEFA's fault that Scottish teams loose to opponents like Progrès Niederkorn and Trakai?

July 03, 2018, 03:12:33 AM
Reply #227

Thomas

So that's the reason teams like FC Copenhagen, Sparta Praha, Viktoria Plzen and Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk are above Celtic. They are #48 is UEFA coefficients. The next best Scottish team in that list is Aberdeen at #236. Then there are six teams between #263 and #270. The one other team in that bracket? None other than the footballing giants of Torpedo Zhodino. Let's look at some other giants that are above those six teams: FK Ventspils, PFC Litex Lovech, Käpäz PFK and Neftçi PFK. Above Aberdeen in the rankings you can find teams like CS Pandurii Târgu Jiu, Ermis Aradippou FC, Hapoel Ramat Gan FC, The New Saints FC, Gabala SC and FK Žalgiris Vilnius.

And it's UEFA's fault that Scottish teams loose to opponents like Progrès Niederkorn and Trakai?

So you agree with top 4 dominance above league champions across Europe?

July 03, 2018, 03:16:28 AM
Reply #228

Bally

Administrator
ITK after his name almost certainly means this fella a complete whopper

https://twitter.com/AgentKevinITK/status/1012980039519014912
128 followers at the time of posting it too, the fucking arse truffle
It's the roll I way

July 03, 2018, 03:20:05 AM
Reply #229

Bally

Administrator
This Keiran Tierney isn't top 6 material though is he, fucking celtic ffs no challenge at all.
It's the roll I way

July 03, 2018, 03:20:53 AM
Reply #230

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
This Keiran Tierney isn't top 6 material though is he, fucking celtic ffs no challenge at all.

Mwhahahahahaha
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 03, 2018, 03:24:13 AM
Reply #231

Makis

Say what?

There is a big gulf to leagues some here say are poor, like the Dutch league. In the association club coefficients, which calculates all results from the past five years for every participating team from each member association, Scotland is #26 below leagues like Azerbaijan (#23), Cyprus (#19) and Israel (#18) and just above Belarus and Kazakhstan. Netherlands for instance is #14. What if were to sign a player from the Azerbaijan league? Would there be some questions on the quality of the league? Never mind that, I've seen people call the French league (#5) weak.

July 03, 2018, 03:24:39 AM
Reply #232

Thomas

Wanyama?

July 03, 2018, 03:26:51 AM
Reply #233

Simon Paul

Administrator
Wanyama?
Van Dyk as well

That's two in about 5 years. It's an improvement.

July 03, 2018, 03:28:38 AM
Reply #234

Bally

Administrator
Wanyama?
The fuck has my Ma got to do with it
It's the roll I way

July 03, 2018, 03:31:30 AM
Reply #235

Thomas

The fuck has my Ma got to do with it
Also VVD for Liverpool.

July 03, 2018, 03:37:49 AM
Reply #236

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Interestingly Wanyama and VVD had to go to S’hampton first.

Doubt top 4/6 will take an spl player at top whack. They can afford to buy later.

July 03, 2018, 03:40:09 AM
Reply #237

D15TIN

Doubt top 4/6 will take an spl player at top whack. They can afford to buy later.
That's the same argument im using for Lozano ha, player from the dutch league, comes in hopefully amazing and then sells on 2/3 years later at a big profit to a barca or united etc

July 03, 2018, 03:40:50 AM
Reply #238

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
That's the same argument im using for Lozano ha

Probably true.

L’pool were rubbish when Suarez went there from Holland.

July 03, 2018, 03:44:07 AM
Reply #239

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Established prem stars or established stars in good quality leagues. Scotland isn’t quite good enough to make the risk of the latter. Why take the risk when you can pay whatever premium you need to a season or two down the line..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.