September 24, 2018, 06:58:55 PM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 19970 times)

July 03, 2018, 03:49:20 AM
Reply #240

Gash

Global Moderator
Interestingly Wanyama and VVD had to go to S’hampton first.

Doubt top 4/6 will take an spl player at top whack. They can afford to buy later.

Robertson to Hull as well, although Liverpool got a decent deal on him.

I agree though, the top clubs can sit back, let the likes of us pay £25m for him and watch what happens. If it goes tits up they've saved the money, if he turns out to be a world beater they come in and buy him for a huge fee and have the finished article ready to walk into the team.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 04:03:51 AM by Gash »

July 03, 2018, 07:34:17 AM
Reply #241

Ramjam

I'll ignore the ignorant posts about Scott Sinclair (who doesn't even start) or Tims preferring Liverpool (A WEEK ON TALK CELTIC WILL TELL YOU THEY DONT) OR Celtic being a 'tiny'/right wing club and people slagging players they haven't even seen in a league they never watch and dimishing a clubs achievements when Everton haven't won anything for 23 years. Plenty of stars (as have been mentioned by better posters) have come out of that league from VVD to Wanyama and Roberston. The next one will be James Maddison who an EPL club will buy after a great year at Aberdeen and a decent year at Norwich. Also although I think @Gash has always been dead on with this issue i'd remind him that did Matt Lettiser etc lack ambition for not leaving Southampton? Still made him a quality international player.

That aside why should KT sign for Everton? Its dead simple. He encapsulates what an Everton player should be. Determined, brave and an absolute workhorse but he is someone who can also play football in an attractive way. Good in defence and attack. He plays the game with his heart on his sleeve and I'll be amazed if he doesn't captain a Premier League Team. He reminds me a lot of Leighton Baines and also Dennis Irwin. Both quality full backs. The lad got me believing in football again as for once it was about loving his boyhood club and playing his natural game rather than money and talent being coached out of him. He usually plays well in important games and can score in them too (See his goal vs Aberdeen away).

@Simon Paul mentioned how he has had poor games in big situations such as at Ibrox. All young players have poor games. Tom Davies has a poor game week in week out but nobody says anything on here but instead blows smoke out of his arse. The fact is KT was voted best full back in the group stages of the CL which for a team coming 3rd is a big statement. Athletico Madrid where touted by all reputable media outlets as watching him last season.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40889350
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/celtic-s-kieran-tierney-named-in-uefa-s-champions-league-xi-1-4646894

As @Brownie20 knows I would happily spend a king's ransom on the lad as I've not seen a player in a while I'm so excited about. Selling him for Celtic would be like a Rooney moment. Sad but the club's board as in Rooney's case might do the pushing rather than the other way around. That is the fear of the Celtic fans as they rightly see a player who does not want to leave, has CLEARLY as @Gash himself has rightly said wants to stay for 10 in a row and captain the club. This brings me onto my next point.....

The only teams Celtic supporters can see KT leaving for and being worth his while are the top 4. I have a Man Utd mate at Uni who has loved him for 2 years although he is aware they ruined Liam Miller and as mentioned Barry Ferguson turned out to be shite in our league. But Celtic supporters (If you read the Celtic forums) are clear this is a one in a generation player. He is priceless. The Dembele circus helped keep the limelight and suitors off him because he is equally if not more important to the team than Moussa. As Tims keep saying unless someone offers him silly wages and its a club who can CLEARY win things at without a huge transitional phase, he is better off staying where he belongs. My heart says  I would love him at Everton buy my head agrees with fellow Tims. Unless its a team capable of getting itno the CL he should stay put.

If however he did sign for us I can guarantee you that every Evertonian would fall in love with him. As @Toddacelli has said the lad breaking his jaw, carrying on, being brought off against his will in a treble chasing final against 'The Sheep' (Aberdeen) and then rushing to hospuital and back to pick up the cup tells you the type of lad he is. He has the talent but has the maturity as well. If we buy him it would be an amazing signing but I still think he will stay put and sign for Man Utd or someone further up the league.

The whole situation reminds me of Yarmolenko/Rooney at Dynamo Kyiv or Everton,

Fantastic post
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 03, 2018, 10:37:48 PM
Reply #242

Martip

I like the sound of this hellhound

July 03, 2018, 11:00:28 PM
Reply #243

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Reports in Scotland suggest he’s agreed a deal worth 85k a week over five years with us.

However, they’re saying no agreement between the two clubs and other teams interested

From the daily record which I presume is a decent enough source up there?

July 03, 2018, 11:23:00 PM
Reply #244

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Reports in Scotland suggest he’s agreed a deal worth 85k a week over five years with us.

However, they’re saying no agreement between the two clubs and other teams interested

Makes the Celtic fans' throw £50k a week shouts st him show how small fry they are.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesportsman.com/articles/celtic-star-kieran-tierney-agrees-massive-contract-with-everton.amp
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 03, 2018, 11:24:43 PM
Reply #245

blue slug

haha the fannys

July 03, 2018, 11:33:43 PM
Reply #246

eugene

haha the fannys
No no no ha ha the Quims!

July 03, 2018, 11:42:57 PM
Reply #247

Alanvideo

Daily Record headline...............
Kieran Tierney move from Celtic to Everton edging closer as consultant says megabucks terms 'agreed in principle'

megabucks  8)
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 04, 2018, 12:17:40 AM
Reply #248

Cozzie

Good stuff.

Hilarious isnt it that someone on the Celtic forum touted "50K" as if thats some sort of astronomical wage in modern times.

To them maybe, drop in the water for mega bucks Everton!

Get him signed, be an amazing start to the window.

July 04, 2018, 12:17:46 AM
Reply #249

Gash

Global Moderator

Think it's the same paper as the Mirror is in England. Tends to be called the Daily Ranger due to apprent leanings to Rangers but I would think like most nationals they'll have some sort of inside info.

July 04, 2018, 12:49:54 AM
Reply #250

gizzblue

No no no ha ha the Quims!

Is it quims ????. ...or is it quime as a group ?.

Or do we treat it like cats .....like a glaring or murder of quim? .

Anybody? .

July 04, 2018, 12:54:34 AM
Reply #251

Macca77

Daily record saying done deal

July 04, 2018, 12:54:34 AM
Reply #252

MmmblueBernard

Is it quims ????. ...or is it quime as a group ?.

Or do we treat it like cats .....like a glaring or murder of quim? .

Anybody? .

Quimii
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 04, 2018, 01:00:08 AM
Reply #253

bluestevie

Daily record saying done deal

Initial 80k a week rising to 145k at the end of an initial 5yr deal
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

July 04, 2018, 01:08:07 AM
Reply #254

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't think it's so much confirming the deal but Ian McGarry giving the 'low down' on what's involved in the deal. Haven't a clue how much he actually knows.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kieran-tierney-move-celtic-everton-12844238