November 21, 2018, 10:34:04 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 22050 times)

July 05, 2018, 03:03:35 PM
Reply #270

sam of the south

nah, it's still our only chance of getting top talent.
The hope is that we can turn around when they come to renegotiate and say "look, we're close to winning things here now, give us another year" and not look deluded.

Yes exactly, we’ll be trying to replicate the Spurs model, which by and large eventually results in a not selling passively to domestic ‘rivals’ policy (i.e. Lukaku: every man and his dog knew that Neymar and Coutinho would be sold for silly money, and we should have waited a few weeks to sell, instead of giving it up like a cheap Back Alley Sally)

Obviously it needs us to start getting some relative success on the pitch before we can implement it properly.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 05, 2018, 03:08:32 PM
Reply #271

Lxxx

I think the days of a promising player coming to Everton for a year or two to then be sold onto United or City are over.

Brands and Silva will take us beyond that.

I think that's exactly why the Silva/Brands axis have been brought in. It's a given that if any young player outside the top 6 excels himself then he'll move up the ladder. We're a long way from being able to put up a persuasive argument for them to stay and pursue their aspirations with us, yet.
We should be aiming for more Stones and Lukaku type players/deals, at the very least it makes our squad planning self sustainable as well as enhancing the team while they're here.

July 05, 2018, 03:26:26 PM
Reply #272

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Celtic are the archetypal 'Big fish in a small pond' but in truth the SPL is more like a puddle than a pond. Big fan base and stadium, but in truth they'd struggle to establish themselves in the upper echelons of the PL for at least a decade.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 05, 2018, 03:34:04 PM
Reply #273

Thomas

Yeah Celtic are limited in what they can ask / who will bother asking for him, as we said big teams can wait and give these lads from shite leagues a year at Everton or Southampton and then pick them up.

If Celtic sell to us with a sell on fee, they guarantee themselves maximum income, if they believe in the player like.

They basically did this with VVD and pocketed a tidy £8m smackers when he went to Liverpool which they then reinvested in Edouard from PSG who they only sold to Celtic because they are -£54m the wrong side of FFP. He's another great young prospect.

July 05, 2018, 03:34:53 PM
Reply #274

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

They are mid-table Championship at best. No bigger than Leeds for example. Being a big fish in a very small pond. Everton would be a great stepping stone for him to be fair. IF we did well and ended up challenging for CL and maybe even getting CL then that may be at his eventual level. If we didnt challenge, yet he was playing above our current level, maybe like a Lukaku, then he would leave us for big money - win win tbh, but lets hope its the former rather than the latter if he was to join us.

There so much gossip and shit flying around, that god knows what movement we have made for him and others, but if the rumours are to be believd, and these 3 defenders in - excellent left back, excellent centre back and a young but fairly experienced ball playing defender that can cover both - thats a huge step forward for us with RFM gone and Williams fooked and seemingly on his way IF the moves happen. The problem being, this is Everton, so I'm just preparing myself for the disappointment on the yellow Sky Sports Breaking News Bar :D

July 05, 2018, 03:38:49 PM
Reply #275

Ramjam

Celtic are the archetypal 'Big fish in a small pond' but in truth the SPL is more like a puddle than a pond. Big fan base and stadium, but in truth they'd struggle to establish themselves in the upper echelons of the PL for at least a decade.
True, but once they have got their foot in the door and established within that decade they’d be a real force and challenging at the top of the table every season, they are a huge club with a world wide fan base and shouldn’t be disregarded because the teams they play against are inferior, the same could be said for Rangers once they get their act together after their demotion in recent years
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 05, 2018, 03:39:50 PM
Reply #276

KoemansNumberTens

They basically did this with VVD and pocketed a tidy £8m smackers when he went to Liverpool which they then reinvested in Edouard from PSG who they only sold to Celtic because they are -£54m the wrong side of FFP. He's another great young prospect.

I’m not having that a prospect PSG wanted to keep best option was Celtic

July 05, 2018, 03:40:45 PM
Reply #277

Thomas

They are mid-table Championship at best. No bigger than Leeds for example. Being a big fish in a very small pond. Everton would be a great stepping stone for him to be fair. IF we did well and ended up challenging for CL and maybe even getting CL then that may be at his eventual level. If we didnt challenge, yet he was playing above our current level, maybe like a Lukaku, then he would leave us for big money - win win tbh, but lets hope its the former rather than the latter if he was to join us.

There so much gossip and shit flying around, that god knows what movement we have made for him and others, but if the rumours are to be believd, and these 3 defenders in - excellent left back, excellent centre back and a young but fairly experienced ball playing defender that can cover both - thats a huge step forward for us with RFM gone and Williams fooked and seemingly on his way IF the moves happen. The problem being, this is Everton, so I'm just preparing myself for the disappointment on the yellow Sky Sports Breaking News Bar :D

Could a mid table championship team beat Rosenborg away OR Wolfsburg or handle Man City? I still find people's perception of that league wierd. In fact if they played Everton they'd probably win. The last time they did play us was a pre season friendly I went to and they won comfortably.

Otherwise I agree with you,

July 05, 2018, 03:42:02 PM
Reply #278

Thomas

True, but once they have got their foot in the door and established within that decade they’d be a real force and challenging at the top of the table every season, they are a huge club with a world wide fan base and shouldn’t be disregarded because the teams they play against are inferior, the same could be said for Rangers once they get their act together after their demotion in recent years

Find an Everton Supporters Club like this....

July 05, 2018, 03:42:21 PM
Reply #279

KoemansNumberTens

Probably true but the reality is they’ll never be invited to play in England and so they are trapped paying mid table championship wages and playing in a dreadful league for eternity

July 05, 2018, 03:43:55 PM
Reply #280

Thomas

Probably true but the reality is they’ll never be invited to play in England and so they are trapped paying mid table championship wages and playing in a dreadful league for eternity

The Premier League is dreadful.

How many teams can win it?

As a league its equal as much a cartel as the CL along with the SPL.

July 05, 2018, 03:46:47 PM
Reply #281

Glory

Lincoln Red Imps FC

July 05, 2018, 03:49:01 PM
Reply #282

Macca77

The Scottish League is one of the worst in Europe, its a complete farce. Celtic would struggle in the Championship

July 05, 2018, 03:50:40 PM
Reply #283

MmmblueBernard

Jeez, someone’s gone full kit Celtic wanker.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 05, 2018, 03:53:22 PM
Reply #284

Thomas

The Scottish League is one of the worst in Europe, its a complete farce. Celtic would struggle in the Championship

When we signed Seamas Coleman from Sligo Rovers, did you worry about the fact he had plied his trade in the League of Ireland?

No.