November 20, 2018, 07:22:33 PM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 22043 times)

July 05, 2018, 03:53:36 PM
Reply #285

Macca77

Could a mid table championship team beat Rosenborg away OR Wolfsburg or handle Man City? I still find people's perception of that league wierd. In fact if they played Everton they'd probably win. The last time they did play us was a pre season friendly I went to and they won comfortably.

They beat us in a pre season friendly, they must be better than us then eh.

July 05, 2018, 03:54:59 PM
Reply #286

KoemansNumberTens

The Premier League is dreadful.

How many teams can win it?

As a league its equal as much a cartel as the CL along with the SPL.

Could swap any of the top 50 or 60 English clubs for Celtic and each and every 1 of them would win the Scottish prem

July 05, 2018, 03:56:02 PM
Reply #287

Macca77

When we signed Seamas Coleman from Sligo Rovers, did you worry about the fact he had plied his trade in the League of Ireland?

No.

Not getting the point of this here? I'm not saying anything against Tierney, would love him here, what I am saying is that Celtic and the entire Scottish league are extremely average.

July 05, 2018, 03:58:01 PM
Reply #288

Thomas

They beat us in a pre season friendly, they must be better than us then eh.

The CB Is a starter for Belgium (Kompany is injured like) and the RB if he wasn't suspended would be lining up against England for Sweden.

Cally McGregor reminds me of Osman, Tom Rogic can play a bit, Nitcham aint bad either and I don't think Everton would mind Dembele either.

There's not a lot of difference in qualtiy for me. Everton are obviously better but who are we to criticize a player for wanting to possibly stay at Celtic? If he leaves to come here brilliant, if he doesn't good luck to the lad.

July 05, 2018, 03:58:59 PM
Reply #289

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Could a mid table championship team beat Rosenborg away OR Wolfsburg or handle Man City? I still find people's perception of that league wierd. In fact if they played Everton they'd probably win. The last time they did play us was a pre season friendly I went to and they won comfortably.

Otherwise I agree with you,

Yes, on their day, they could. I'm not saying Celtic are a bad side, but like most others, I just dont think they would compete with the big boys in the Prem League.

July 05, 2018, 03:58:59 PM
Reply #290

Thomas

Not getting the point of this here? I'm not saying anything against Tierney, would love him here, what I am saying is that Celtic and the entire Scottish league are extremely average.

A league doesn;'t make a player or even a team an average one. That was my point pal.

July 05, 2018, 04:02:59 PM
Reply #291

Macca77

The CB Is a starter for Belgium (Kompany is injured like) and the RB if he wasn't suspended would be lining up against England for Sweden.

Cally McGregor reminds me of Osman, Tom Rogic can play a bit, Nitcham aint bad either and I don't think Everton would mind Dembele either.

There's not a lot of difference in qualtiy for me. Everton are obviously better but who are we to criticize a player for wanting to possibly stay at Celtic? If he leaves to come here brilliant, if he doesn't good luck to the lad.

Who is criticizing him?

Tierney is the only player of theirs who gets in our team, none of the others will, Dembele looks great up there, but so does Scot Sinclair, he couldn't hack in it the Premier League that tells its own story.

July 05, 2018, 04:09:14 PM
Reply #292

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
you're simply wrong about so much here.

We paid £60k for Coleman and no Sligo supporters where on here telling us he's better than anything we have, is a guaranteed success and is better than us.

Celtic gaining a few results against a few shit teams and a City side playing at walking pace for most of the match means precisely fuck all. We beat Wolfsburg & have rarely lost to City over the last decade.

Celtic are a massive club. Anyone who argues against that is simply wrong.
The SPL is a stinking corpse of a league and anybody who argues with that is a deluded moron.

How many teams can win the English league you ask? Well, considering no champion has succesfully defended the title in a decade, i'd say a damn site fucking more than in Scotland.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 04:10:26 PM by Mick 1995 »

July 05, 2018, 04:13:42 PM
Reply #293

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Find an Everton Supporters Club like this....

You hate Everton so much dont you.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

July 05, 2018, 04:27:09 PM
Reply #294

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
When we signed Seamas Coleman from Sligo Rovers, did you worry about the fact he had plied his trade in the League of Ireland?

No.

No, because he cost 1/400th the price and wasn't expected to go straight into the first team.  He spent 2 years either on loan in the Championship or playing right midfield before he became a fulltime right back for Everton.
My momma says I'm special.

July 05, 2018, 04:30:44 PM
Reply #295

Macca77

No, because he cost 1/400th the price and wasn't expected to go straight into the first team.  He spent 2 years either on loan in the Championship or playing right midfield before he became a fulltime right back for Everton.

The brief loan spell he had at Blackpool was crucial for us, that helped his development so much.

July 05, 2018, 04:31:45 PM
Reply #296

Ramjam

Find an Everton Supporters Club like this....

Iíll play devils advocate here Thomas, I grew up in Ireland and all of my mates are die hard Celtic supporters and during the 90s when Rangers were winning everything and on the road to 10 league titles in a row of which they fell one short of the Celtic supporters were kicking the fuck out of each other all because Rangers were tearing them apart with the Laudrup brothers, Ally McCoist, Mark Hateley , and Terry Hurlock etc. So with the Hoops supporters itís good atm but once Rangers get a foot hold again they WILL return to their cave man mentality
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 05, 2018, 04:36:01 PM
Reply #297

Thomas

You hate Everton so much dont you.

Your avatar is shit.

Now jog on.

July 05, 2018, 04:36:58 PM
Reply #298

Thomas

Iíll play devils advocate here Thomas, I grew up in Ireland and all of my mates are die hard Celtic supporters and during the 90s when Rangers were winning everything and on the road to 10 league titles in a row of which they fell one short of the Celtic supporters were kicking the fuck out of each other all because Rangers were tearing them apart with the Laudrup brothers, Ally McCoist, Mark Hateley , and Terry Hurlock etc. So with the Hoops supporters itís good atm but once Rangers get a foot hold again they WILL return to their cave man mentality

Thats what KT has to consider. They can only take him so high. Be good watching Slippy G screw everything up though.

July 05, 2018, 04:37:34 PM
Reply #299

Thomas

I probably should have remembered all this.

Fair points.