October 19, 2019, 05:03:08 PM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 28181 times)

July 09, 2018, 02:37:42 AM
Reply #390

Dr. Sponge

I don’t follow Scottish football so I’d never heard of him before this thread, therefore I can’t say I’m too hurt by the deal falling through.

Rose on the other hand, I have seen a lot of. He’s an excellent left back.

July 09, 2018, 02:38:52 AM
Reply #391

Shogun

Administrator
I’d imagine you’d be looking at £35m+, you?

You're probably right actually.

Wouldn't mind seeing us avoid transfers from PL clubs all together this season

July 09, 2018, 02:41:27 AM
Reply #392

Gash

Global Moderator
It'll just be Celtic posturing for a couple of reasons. He's their prized asset and while they're wealthy in Scottish terms they're not wealthy compared to the top leagues in Europe so £25m would be very hard to turn down but he's the only player they have worth top money so they'll want to maximise it. They don't have huge money to pay on transfers, they only signed Odsonne Edouard from PSG as they had the kick back from VVD going to Liverpool, an extra £25m could buy them some very good players at that level. They'll also want to appease the fans, he's a fans favourite so they need to convince them that the money was too good to turn down, letting him go for £22m without a fight isn't going to do that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came back to us, one way or another I think it'll still happen. We're not walking away for the sake of £3-4m even if it means the deal is broken down in a different way.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 02:44:26 AM by Gash »

July 09, 2018, 02:45:39 AM
Reply #393

Ross

You're probably right actually.

Wouldn't mind seeing us avoid transfers from PL clubs all together this season

What’s your take on Joyce saying Tierney is our “number 1” target,yet we’re supposedly refusing to pay the £25m?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 09, 2018, 02:47:56 AM
Reply #394

Lxxx

What’s your take on Joyce saying Tierney is our “number 1” target,yet we’re supposedly refusing to pay the £25m?

Exactly that really.

July 09, 2018, 02:48:17 AM
Reply #395

Shogun

Administrator

That's how negotiation works, isn't it?

As long as you don't let it go on all summer like Sigurdsson (and end up caving anyway) and have a list of other targets then it's not a problem.

July 09, 2018, 02:50:37 AM
Reply #396

School of Science

Agree that the squad is too big and we need to get rid of some high earners, but if Brands / Silva have made Tierney a top priority, then they shouldn't walk away over a few million quid. Other teams won't and there is a chance that we could fall even further behind.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 09, 2018, 02:52:25 AM
Reply #397

Ross

That's how negotiation works, isn't it?

As long as you don't let it go on all summer like Sigurdsson (and end up caving anyway) and have a list of other targets then it's not a problem.

Clocks ticking though this summer isn’t it, more than any other obviously given the World Cup and the advanced deadline.

If he’s our number 1 surely there’s little point haggling if you want to impress the new manager or DoF?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 09, 2018, 02:57:08 AM
Reply #398

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Until I see Joyce report the move is dead I’m not beliveing any of this.

We’re not naive enough to think we can get somebody so highly rated for less than 25mil.

We’ve probably said we’re walking away hoping Celtic flap it at the thought of missing out on 25mil.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 09, 2018, 03:06:58 AM
Reply #399

sam of the south

Anthonee Robinson could be great anyway
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 09, 2018, 03:07:22 AM
Reply #400

KoemansNumberTens

Maybe we don’t think he’s worth 25m. I have much more of a problem with how we negotied deals last season. Value is everything

July 09, 2018, 03:14:09 AM
Reply #401

Bluedylan

Maybe we don’t think he’s worth 25m. I have much more of a problem with how we negotied deals last season. Value is everything

Value's totally subjective and constantly changing though. Pickford's price has changed from this time last week.

You have to rely on the quality of scouting, and then if that's the player you identify as perfect in all the criteria, pay what they want (unless it's obscene, which £25-30m isn't at all).

If they think he's good enough, and he's 'the one' in the sense that he'll play our LB role to a high standard for 5 years say, then pay the price. It makes me think they've got other targets, and Tierney isn't head and shoulders above the others in their eyes.

£30m for a 21 year old potential star is really fuck all now. It's a fair to middling Prem transfer fee.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 09, 2018, 03:27:52 AM
Reply #402

Ross

Yeah I agree we’ve pissed away far to much recently which I’ think has lead to us not being confident in pushing the envelope on this sort of deal.

We’ve become victims of our own stupidity it seems.

July 09, 2018, 03:29:32 AM
Reply #403

Cereal Killer

£30m for a 21 year old potential star is really fuck all now. It's a fair to middling Prem transfer fee.

Agree with most of what you said apart from last bit, £30m is still a shit load of money and would be transfer record for anyone outside the top 6, its in no way a middling transfer fee

July 09, 2018, 03:33:12 AM
Reply #404

Bluedylan

Agree with most of what you said apart from last bit, £30m is still a shit load of money and would be transfer record for anyone outside the top 6, its in no way a middling transfer fee

I think it's becoming that way, for potential stars. People are saying £60-70m for Zaha. The £30m looked a bit OTT on Pickford, and now that looks like a cracking deal.

If Tierney is as good as some people think (haven't seen enough of him to know either way, myself), and is pretty much one of the star young LBs in Europe, £30m would look pretty cheap, pretty quickly in my view.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.