September 22, 2018, 09:48:45 PM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 19912 times)

July 09, 2018, 03:38:07 AM
Reply #405

Thomas

They don't have huge money to pay on transfers, they only signed Odsonne Edouard from PSG as they had the kick back from VVD going to Liverpool, an extra £25m could buy them some very good players at that level. .

Fundamentally, looking at KTs very recent BBC Scotland interview, I think the lad still wants to stay. I'm not saying he is going to do a Francesco Totti, but he is still in love with the club. If we where going to get him at a knockdown price he'd have to have been unhappy.

As for Eduoard, that was a coup for Celtic and your more or less correct @Gash but they also got him because PSG shit themselves because of FFP (£54m in the red) so where resorting to selling some of there top youth prospects for knockdown prices which luckily matched (as you said) the VVD ££££.

I honestly cannot thanotherntother LB though who we can sign instead of KT. Particularly as he is so similar to Baines. I just don't fancy Danny Rose at all.

The biggest problem for Everton is the football world and even ex Celtic players (Scott McDonald) who are respected at the club feel KT is too good to go to Everton and should stay another few years. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44669337
"I think he might possibly just stay on for even another year, maybe two more," McDonald told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.

"If they're offering the amounts of money that can be offered down in England then it would be a huge temptation but we've seen in the past how much he loves the football club and he's still only young.

"If he holds out another year or two, I think opportunities do open up. Someone like Man United, that has been touted with the struggles that they have found at left-back.

"Certainly, if they were the ones tabling the bid, you would jump. I think you would have to jump to go to a Manchester United or the likes of them in the Champions League competitions. Everton, outside the top six clubs, you would argue are probably the next one."

Free agent McDonald, 34, believes it will be left up to the player if an acceptable bid arrives.

"It really depends on Kieran Tierney himself for me at this point," said the striker, who scored 64 goals in 128 Celtic appearances between 2007 and 2010.

July 09, 2018, 03:39:59 AM
Reply #406

Thomas

Agree with most of what you said apart from last bit, £30m is still a shit load of money and would be transfer record for anyone outside the top 6, its in no way a middling transfer fee

Pickford wasn't much older than that and I'd rather spend £30m on KT than near that amount we laid out on Bolasie.

July 09, 2018, 03:40:42 AM
Reply #407

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Anthonee Robinson could be great anyway

Well yeah maybe but letís be absolutely clear thatís a last resort
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 09, 2018, 03:42:31 AM
Reply #408

Thomas

Well yeah maybe but letís be absolutely clear thatís a last resort

Who was the portuguese lad somebody mentioned? Has a release clause in his contract for like £20m. Didn't Man UTD get that Portuguese Right Back for under £20m? Mourihno was saying he was the best in Europe. So there is value out there.

July 09, 2018, 03:42:51 AM
Reply #409

KoemansNumberTens

Value's totally subjective and constantly changing though. Pickford's price has changed from this time last week.

You have to rely on the quality of scouting, and then if that's the player you identify as perfect in all the criteria, pay what they want (unless it's obscene, which £25-30m isn't at all).

If they think he's good enough, and he's 'the one' in the sense that he'll play our LB role to a high standard for 5 years say, then pay the price. It makes me think they've got other targets, and Tierney isn't head and shoulders above the others in their eyes.

£30m for a 21 year old potential star is really fuck all now. It's a fair to middling Prem transfer fee.

But if we are walking away then we are relying on our scouts manager and dof. Paying just a few more million over what we value him at wouldnít be using the knowledge of the experts we pay

July 09, 2018, 03:43:53 AM
Reply #410

Bluedylan

Fundamentally, looking at KTs very recent BBC Scotland interview, I think the lad still wants to stay. I'm not saying he is going to do a Francesco Totti, but he is still in love with the club. If we where going to get him at a knockdown price he'd have to have been unhappy.

As for Eduoard, that was a coup for Celtic and your more or less correct @Gash but they also got him because PSG shit themselves because of FFP (£54m in the red) so where resorting to selling some of there top youth prospects for knockdown prices which luckily matched (as you said) the VVD ££££.

I honestly cannot thanotherntother LB though who we can sign instead of KT. Particularly as he is so similar to Baines. I just don't fancy Danny Rose at all.

The biggest problem for Everton is the football world and even ex Celtic players (Scott McDonald) who are respected at the club feel KT is too good to go to Everton and should stay another few years. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44669337
"I think he might possibly just stay on for even another year, maybe two more," McDonald told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.

"If they're offering the amounts of money that can be offered down in England then it would be a huge temptation but we've seen in the past how much he loves the football club and he's still only young.

"If he holds out another year or two, I think opportunities do open up. Someone like Man United, that has been touted with the struggles that they have found at left-back.

"Certainly, if they were the ones tabling the bid, you would jump. I think you would have to jump to go to a Manchester United or the likes of them in the Champions League competitions. Everton, outside the top six clubs, you would argue are probably the next one."

Free agent McDonald, 34, believes it will be left up to the player if an acceptable bid arrives.

"It really depends on Kieran Tierney himself for me at this point," said the striker, who scored 64 goals in 128 Celtic appearances between 2007 and 2010.

I think you overstate Celtic's importance, and diminish Everton (and the Prem's) ability to get players.

Celtic have sold their best players to Southampton more than once. Celtic don't have pull. The report was that the fee was agreed with the agent in this instance. He's on 15k, and it said we offered a starting wage of 85k. That's over a 400% wage increase, to play at a better level that will improve you more.

It'll be about the fees between the two clubs.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 09, 2018, 03:51:10 AM
Reply #411

Thomas

I think you overstate Celtic's importance, and diminish Everton (and the Prem's) ability to get players.

Celtic have sold their best players to Southampton more than once. Celtic don't have pull. The report was that the fee was agreed with the agent in this instance. He's on 15k, and it said we offered a starting wage of 85k. That's over a 400% wage increase, to play at a better level that will improve you more.

It'll be about the fees between the two clubs.

Its possibly my heart talking lad. But I'm not the only person who has said in this thread that if you watch his interviews, it doesn't at all look like he is desperate to leave.

But Stuart Armstrong leaving Celtic for Southampton who can easily be replaced by John McGinn is a world away from KT leaving. For reasons you did/didnt mention.

Takeaway > The lad doesn't feel he needs to leave. Yet.

I've heard a lot about how we 'develop young players' over the years or about this 'new leadership structure' being a step forward. Yet as discussed we haggle over £3m. Kind of reminds me of the day of Peter Johnson not letting Joe Royle have a few quid more for Tore Andre Flo or CLiff FInch (same act) for Dion Dublin who Kendall wanted to sign.

I know you say its the club but I really do knowing it think the player either thinks he has better options or would do better elsewhere. So I'm becoming a little worried how young players are viewing Everton as a place to develop at the moment. See Lookman as a fine example.

July 09, 2018, 03:51:18 AM
Reply #412

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Who was the portuguese lad somebody mentioned? Has a release clause in his contract for like £20m. Didn't Man UTD get that Portuguese Right Back for under £20m? Mourihno was saying he was the best in Europe. So there is value out there.

The last resort is relying on Robinson. We should absolutely buy a L.B., who exactly if not KT, I dunno.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 09, 2018, 03:56:04 AM
Reply #413

Thomas

The last resort is relying on Robinson. We should absolutely buy a L.B., who exactly if not KT, I dunno.

Is RS at Fulham more of a winger or a full back and why is nobody mentioning him for Everton?

Probably the same reasons as KT. They (arguably/we can speculate) are looking at playing for a top 4 club and are comfortable at their home grown clubs.

July 09, 2018, 04:04:59 AM
Reply #414

Bluedylan

Its possibly my heart talking lad. But I'm not the only person who has said in this thread that if you watch his interviews, it doesn't at all look like he is desperate to leave.

But Stuart Armstrong leaving Celtic for Southampton who can easily be replaced by John McGinn is a world away from KT leaving. For reasons you did/didnt mention.

Takeaway > The lad doesn't feel he needs to leave. Yet.

I've heard a lot about how we 'develop young players' over the years or about this 'new leadership structure' being a step forward. Yet as discussed we haggle over £3m. Kind of reminds me of the day of Peter Johnson not letting Joe Royle have a few quid more for Tore Andre Flo or CLiff FInch (same act) for Dion Dublin who Kendall wanted to sign.

I know you say its the club but I really do knowing it think the player either thinks he has better options or would do better elsewhere. So I'm becoming a little worried how young players are viewing Everton as a place to develop at the moment. See Lookman as a fine example.

Under the previous manager, I'd be equally worried. But we know that Brands and Silva do value young players, and have both explicitly said so more than once. Why are you worried about Lookman? Brands couldn't wait to work with him and talk about him being in the first team squad.

I just think you're being a bit stressy and again getting digs in at the club, with no real reason so far to be like that. Trust me, I'll join you if there is good reason to criticise.

I think Tierney is close to Celtic and it would be a wrench for him to leave for anybody, but if he's a driven person, he'll already know that his career needs to be elsewhere to maximise his footballing and earning potential. Rodgers himself has said the same. There's an acceptance there.

July 09, 2018, 04:13:30 AM
Reply #415

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Anthonee Robinson could be great anyway

Could send him the other way on loan as a makeweight.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

July 09, 2018, 04:14:42 AM
Reply #416

Bluedylan

Could send him the other way on loan as a makeweight.

Be the best player in their league after a season

July 09, 2018, 04:21:28 AM
Reply #417

Thomas

Be the best player in their league after a season

The politest answer I can have for that is (I could be a whopper and give you the Joey Barton example) is Man Utd have sent two of their youth prospects up to Celtic and neither made it. The fact I can barely remember their names tells you a couple of things about the Deila era and the players.

The main benefactor of KT leaving would be Calvin Miller, who normally if KT wasn't such a freak would be a decent replacement and a homegrown/Celtic fan type replacement at that level. However Ralston on the other side is probably better if you look at the academy players.

July 09, 2018, 04:23:36 AM
Reply #418

Bluedylan

The politest answer I can have for that is (I could be a whopper and give you the Joey Barton example) is Man Utd have sent two of their youth prospects up to Celtic and neither made it. The fact I can barely remember their names tells you a couple of things about the Deila era and the players.

The main benefactor of KT leaving would be Calvin Miller, who normally if KT wasn't such a freak would be a decent replacement and a homegrown/Celtic fan type replacement at that level. However Ralston on the other side is probably better if you look at the academy players.

That was a wind up. Thought it was a clear one, but no offence intended.

July 09, 2018, 04:30:16 AM
Reply #419

Thomas

That was a wind up. Thought it was a clear one, but no offence intended.

Ambiguity for someone with Aspergers isn't their specialty. Especially online.

But cool, tongue in cheek and all that.