September 24, 2019, 04:36:07 PM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 27614 times)

July 09, 2018, 02:50:37 AM
Read 27614 times

School of Science

Agree that the squad is too big and we need to get rid of some high earners, but if Brands / Silva have made Tierney a top priority, then they shouldn't walk away over a few million quid. Other teams won't and there is a chance that we could fall even further behind.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 10, 2018, 12:51:28 AM
Reply #1

School of Science

Fuck that - if we buy him for #25M he'll be worth more than double that after his first full season with us. Kyle Walker went for #50M a year ago FFS!

That's just it how much is too much and will other team's think it's too much. Yes lessons need to be learned from last year, but not at the detriment of our team. Liverpool spent £75m on a centre half last year, if you want to progress, you have to keep up. Every signing is a gamble, but if Brands / Silva have picked him, then we as a club must back them.

July 10, 2018, 01:33:35 AM
Reply #2

School of Science

Theyíve picked him at a price. I genuinely canít believe people are advocating doing the same nonsense we did last summer. Letís sign them regardless of price. Thatís not keeping up. We didnít keep up last season. Just paid more and more for players who werenít worth it

When did we all become accountants ? We didn't keep up last season not because of what we spent, we made th WRONG choices. So believe what you will.

July 10, 2018, 03:55:57 AM
Reply #3

School of Science

It doesn't matter if it's someone else's money!!

Effinell, it's getting like the Tory party on here calling for " Austerity "  ;)

July 10, 2018, 04:01:29 AM
Reply #4

School of Science

Yes but his point is that it looks like Brands is putting a top limit on what he thinks heís worth, so if weíre backing his judgement re whether heís a good player we have to back his judgement re whatís a fair value to pay.

@Toddacelli Kyle Walker went for £50m as he was proven in a top PL team at a peak age.

For all we know, we might think Tierney is worth £15m but weíre prepared to pay a premium on top of that to get him.

But is it Brands that's saying this, I know the Echo said it was, but what do they know. I hate Twitter with a passion, but there has been a fair bit of rumblings about Brands / Silva being not at all happy about this situation. Being Twitter and ITK's probably bullshit or at least I hope so. But as people say there's no smoke without fire.

July 10, 2018, 04:18:44 AM
Reply #5

School of Science

But itís always easier spending other peopleís money.

Wouldn't know never done it  :)

July 10, 2018, 04:32:22 AM
Reply #6

School of Science

Brands made it clear in his first press conference that the squad needs trimming and we canít just blow money without thinking about the longer term.

Just because heís young doesnít mean that he has an unlimited value so if what they want is pushing the boundaries of what we think heís worth then Brands will say no.

And I agree the squad does need trimming, aging players, and to be honest quite a bit of the players not deemed good enough that we bought last year. To date we have got a few off the wage bill, but how long do we have to wait for urgently needed signings,in left back / centre half and midfield areas ? Why can't we sell after we've bought their replacements, then the players would know for certain there's no future here. Not panicking at all as yet, but the clock is ticking.