September 18, 2019, 10:48:59 PM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 27455 times)

June 30, 2018, 05:28:41 PM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't think they like us at Celtic Talk............ lolol

<<<  but i swear to * if this board forces KT out the door to join that * mob of tracksuit wearin, glue snifin, dole monkeys there will be riots
25m like
only a mid table epl trophyless * hole like everton could be so * cheeky
and if any of you toffee * are lurkin, go back to banging your sister and reminiscing about your last trophy, the * charity sheild, 23 years ago >>> 

Has ScouseHoops commented yet? He'll have some split loyalties there. :)

June 30, 2018, 07:45:41 PM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
Never trust a man who eats fried mars bars and wears a skirt.

Good advice that has served me well over the years

Lovely bit of stereotyping there.

July 01, 2018, 05:23:21 PM
Reply #17

Gash

Global Moderator
I like the fact Silva is coming at it from the Pochettino school of thought in that a young athletic full back offers so much more to a team than just restricting the opposition attacking down one side.

And coincidentally Spurs are reported to be after him as well.

July 02, 2018, 04:05:36 AM
Reply #18

Gash

Global Moderator
Only time I watched Tierney was when we were linked with him in January and he got bullied by an elderly Rangers forward who would be playing football with a bell in it if Rangers hadn't been so desperate

Kenny Miller? He only played in one Old Firm game and that was as a second half sub in September.

July 03, 2018, 12:36:39 AM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
Matt Le Tissier a quality international. Didn't he play like three games for England?

I did wonder that, 8 according to Wiki. Hardly an England legend but that's for another day.

July 03, 2018, 03:49:20 AM
Reply #20

Gash

Global Moderator
Interestingly Wanyama and VVD had to go to S’hampton first.

Doubt top 4/6 will take an spl player at top whack. They can afford to buy later.

Robertson to Hull as well, although Liverpool got a decent deal on him.

I agree though, the top clubs can sit back, let the likes of us pay £25m for him and watch what happens. If it goes tits up they've saved the money, if he turns out to be a world beater they come in and buy him for a huge fee and have the finished article ready to walk into the team.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 04:03:51 AM by Gash »

July 04, 2018, 12:17:46 AM
Reply #21

Gash

Global Moderator
Reports in Scotland suggest he’s agreed a deal worth 85k a week over five years with us.

However, they’re saying no agreement between the two clubs and other teams interested

From the daily record which I presume is a decent enough source up there?

Think it's the same paper as the Mirror is in England. Tends to be called the Daily Ranger due to apprent leanings to Rangers but I would think like most nationals they'll have some sort of inside info.

July 04, 2018, 01:08:07 AM
Reply #22

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't think it's so much confirming the deal but Ian McGarry giving the 'low down' on what's involved in the deal. Haven't a clue how much he actually knows.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kieran-tierney-move-celtic-everton-12844238

July 07, 2018, 05:10:53 PM
Reply #23

Gash

Global Moderator

July 07, 2018, 05:32:06 PM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator
Is it? It posted about an hour ago on my notifications so I thought it might be something new

It's today's date on the article but I think it's the same Ian McGarry comments from earlier in the week. Aren't the Echo and Record owned by the same company, probably didn't have much new news so just ran with the story?

July 09, 2018, 02:41:27 AM
Reply #25

Gash

Global Moderator
It'll just be Celtic posturing for a couple of reasons. He's their prized asset and while they're wealthy in Scottish terms they're not wealthy compared to the top leagues in Europe so £25m would be very hard to turn down but he's the only player they have worth top money so they'll want to maximise it. They don't have huge money to pay on transfers, they only signed Odsonne Edouard from PSG as they had the kick back from VVD going to Liverpool, an extra £25m could buy them some very good players at that level. They'll also want to appease the fans, he's a fans favourite so they need to convince them that the money was too good to turn down, letting him go for £22m without a fight isn't going to do that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came back to us, one way or another I think it'll still happen. We're not walking away for the sake of £3-4m even if it means the deal is broken down in a different way.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 02:44:26 AM by Gash »

July 11, 2018, 04:38:32 AM
Reply #26

Gash

Global Moderator
Yup. Played in CL tonight. Small hint that maybe no CL teams are seriously interested.

Wouldn't matter, a player can play for a club in the qualifiers and then a different club in the group stages.

July 29, 2018, 07:11:51 AM
Reply #27

Gash

Global Moderator
Some of our fans are cringy bells, turning their noses at a French international LB who's played at 3 top sides  for £18m but fapping over the 2nd choice left back for the Scottish national team at a team that's run away with a poor league for 7 straight years, and I say that as a fan of Tierney, who would cost £7m more

He's hardly second choice, we've two really good players on then left, he's played right back a couple of times and also on the left in a back three and captained Scotland as well.  It's a toss up between the two as to who's better though.