August 21, 2019, 02:27:04 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 26803 times)

June 29, 2018, 10:17:57 PM
Read 26803 times

D15TIN

Be a great signing, could potentially be our LB for the next 10 years or so, so even a big fee wouldn't bother me too much.

June 29, 2018, 10:22:38 PM
Reply #1

D15TIN

Not doubting this lad is the business but full back is still a position where you can get untapped quality for a good price.
Fair point

July 02, 2018, 09:52:21 PM
Reply #2

D15TIN

As I say, I'm not in anyway optimistic about anyone from league's like Scotland/France/Holland and the ilk. They're gambles.

But fair enough, of the entire league this guy looks like he can make the step up. (As long as is drive isn't tied to boyhood club loyalties, few of the 30+ group will remember being gutted we missed out on Barry Ferguson from rangers and then seeing what he was like at Blackburn).

In today's market I'd be happy to pay £20m and send up both Besic and McCarthy to be honest. They'd both do a good job up there and clear out our squad further.
In fairness to celtic - Wanyama, Van Dijk & Forster all made the grade in the PL

July 02, 2018, 09:54:30 PM
Reply #3

D15TIN

If the rumours of Besic in part exchange are true it would make sense. Besic's salary would be within their structure, he'd look great up there and it'd allow us to get another off the wage bill and get Tierney's fee down.
Hope this one comes off, it'd future proof that position for the next decade. Although Man U probably thought similar when they bought Shaw so you never know how big money moves will affect young lads, granted we're not at the same pressure levels as them though.
Not seen the besic link, wheres that? Besic would boss that league

July 03, 2018, 01:57:07 AM
Reply #4

D15TIN

He's 1/1 with Skybet to join us

July 03, 2018, 03:40:09 AM
Reply #5

D15TIN

Interestingly Wanyama and VVD had to go to Síhampton first.

Doubt top 4/6 will take an spl player at top whack. They can afford to buy later.
That's the same argument im using for Lozano ha, player from the dutch league, comes in hopefully amazing and then sells on 2/3 years later at a big profit to a barca or united etc

July 05, 2018, 02:17:55 AM
Reply #6

D15TIN

As anymore happened with this? Is it looking likely
We seem to actually be doing something now if the media is to be believed, Tierney, that guy from Rennes and Carvalho all heavily linked

July 09, 2018, 11:13:09 PM
Reply #7

D15TIN

and you found out on Ceefax when it was done
ha remember that, followed by a game of Bamboozled

July 12, 2018, 09:39:43 PM
Reply #8

D15TIN

They don't have to sell, and im not so sure the player is the type to force it either. So I think if we want him badly enough offer the money or a player + cash deal, weve about 5/6 players who they can have

July 12, 2018, 11:02:02 PM
Reply #9

D15TIN

Most of whom will be on a salary that would smash their pay ceiling so we'd end up paying them off to go.
likes of besic on 25k, they can have him. I actually think McCarthy would take a slight cut to go there. Even the likes of browning and Galloway would be good players in that division