November 21, 2018, 10:20:32 AM

Poll

Would you like him here?

Oh yes please!
99 (85.3%)
No you’re alright I remember Salif Diao..
17 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Yerry Mina anybody?  (Read 72695 times)

July 23, 2018, 09:18:22 PM
Reply #225

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Great site lads...  :thumbsup:
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 23, 2018, 11:18:32 PM
Reply #226

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
As an example of how complicated these things are as opposed to the sometimes held position that you just identify and sign players...

I have read that Lyon are interested.

Their president is quoted as saying that they’re interested in 3 CBs (one of which may or may not be Mina), talking to all of them but it’s not certain which one they’ll sign.

This can then be linked to which one becomes available, whether their present team signs someone etc.

We’re fishing it what will be a pretty small pond, as in we want good players, but we will only get those good players who the CL teams don’t want.

If you then age specify, ie we only want sub 26, that pond shrinks further still.

July 23, 2018, 11:22:28 PM
Reply #227

Outworlder47

Mina in and Klaassen out (to Werder Bremen, apparently) for around the same amount is solid business.

July 24, 2018, 10:23:07 PM
Reply #228

Macca77

Apparently Lyon are now interested

July 24, 2018, 10:27:42 PM
Reply #229

themilkycoffees

All we need now is for Richarlison to go somewhere else too.

July 24, 2018, 10:38:28 PM
Reply #230

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently Lyon are now interested

Yes 23 hrs ago in the post two above ;)

July 24, 2018, 10:45:03 PM
Reply #231

Macca77

Yes 23 hrs ago in the post two above ;)

:bonk:

July 24, 2018, 10:46:06 PM
Reply #232

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
All we need now is for Richarlison to go somewhere else too.

Doesn’t mean the deal is off because another team has showed an interest.

We’re after very good players, there’s going to be other teams interested, especially somebody like Mina who represents very good value

July 24, 2018, 10:50:34 PM
Reply #233

themilkycoffees

Doesn’t mean the deal is off because another team has showed an interest.

We’re after very good players, there’s going to be other teams interested, especially somebody like Mina who represents very good value

I know that. According to the quote from Lyon Chairman, Mina has said he would rather play CL football with Lyon than come to us and who could blame him? Lyon are also a much better team than us, at this moment in time.

July 24, 2018, 10:52:32 PM
Reply #234

D15TIN

I know that. According to the quote from Lyon Chairman, Mina has said he would rather play CL football with Lyon than come to us and who could blame him? Lyon are also a much better team than us, at this moment in time.

Mehh we have the PL and bigger wages to offer, not worried.

July 24, 2018, 10:56:50 PM
Reply #235

Paddockoldie

If that's true I'd be weary of signing someone who's possibly gonna fuck off after a season because he thinks he's better than us. He's had one WC and can't break in to Barca so he thinks he's a CL level player? Buyer beware

July 24, 2018, 11:03:12 PM
Reply #236

eugene

If that's true I'd be weary of signing someone who's possibly gonna fuck off after a season because he thinks he's better than us. He's had one WC and can't break in to Barca so he thinks he's a CL level player? Buyer beware
Sounds Very lukakuesque don’t you think

July 24, 2018, 11:04:18 PM
Reply #237

Macca77

If we sign him then great, if he goes elsewhere then so be it, there are other centre halves out there

July 24, 2018, 11:05:36 PM
Reply #238

Bluedylan

Lyon are a big club, who have regular CL football and a big turnover. No disgrace if we do lose out to them. Sometimes you do. Probably our main selling points at the moment are the league we play in, wages and our future ambitions. But that's mostly quite tenuous really.

Hoping there are a few other options in the centre half position. Preferably someone quick and good on the ball.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 24, 2018, 11:07:54 PM
Reply #239

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Lyon is a beautiful city as well.