November 17, 2018, 09:38:28 PM

Poll

Would you like him here?

Oh yes please!
99 (85.3%)
No youre alright I remember Salif Diao..
17 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Yerry Mina anybody?  (Read 72273 times)

July 29, 2018, 05:21:34 AM
Reply #465

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Hes been here 2 mins. All his PSV shortlist probably wont be applicable here.
Hes also finding out about the Premier League premium when you go shopping, no doubt.

Give him time.

Wasnt saying not to give him time. Its going to be many years before hes really put his stamp on this squad.

But still, hes shopping in pretty much the same market (give or take) and this task is something he should be capable of.

It would be as big of a mistake as not buying a striker last summer if we dont get at least one good CB in this summer.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:24:53 AM by blueToffee »

July 30, 2018, 02:54:51 PM
Reply #466

van der Meyde

It would be as big of a mistake as not buying a striker last summer if we dont get at least one good CB in this summer.
True but it's equally important that we get the right player in long term.

Given they're relatively inexpensive and our relatively poor set of defenders, it's probably the easiest position for us to upgrade.

There's no point bringing in just any player who's better though. We did that with Cenk Tosun and I don't think any of us think that's a great signing.

I'm happy for us to take our time bringing in the best possible option personally. On the basis, at least, that we actually *do* sign one, like, obviously!

July 30, 2018, 11:18:34 PM
Reply #467

Macca77

It's time to swerve this now, taking far to long, move on to other targets

July 30, 2018, 11:43:14 PM
Reply #468

Martip

We need to get off this Yerry-go-round  :headbang:

July 30, 2018, 11:49:53 PM
Reply #469

Bluedylan

Have trust in the new team, until they prove otherwise.

Maybe the patient approach will win the day.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 30, 2018, 11:52:58 PM
Reply #470

kramer0

Wherever Mina ends up, I'm just eager to find out if he's even good.

He turns 24 in just under two months and he's played just over 100 games in club football, more than 2/3 of them in Colombia.

Most of the hype seems to be tied up in him scoring goals at the World Cup and playing for Barca (who, it should be noted, make terrible transfers all the time).

It feels a bit wrong that we're so invested in this deal.

July 30, 2018, 11:57:31 PM
Reply #471

MmmblueBernard

Have trust in the new team, until they prove otherwise.

Maybe the patient approach will win the day.

Good hit rate so far.

Klaassen and Rooney out. Richo in.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 31, 2018, 12:18:55 AM
Reply #472

School of Science

He turns 24 in just under two months and he's played just over 100 games in club football, more than 2/3 of them in Colombia.

Most of the hype seems to be tied up in him scoring goals at the World Cup and playing for Barca (who, it should be noted, make terrible transfers all the time).

Fair point raised, but surely Brands must see something in him so patiently.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 31, 2018, 01:06:34 AM
Reply #473

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Were close to signing him according to reports why would we walk away now?

Its part of the whole negotiation process.

July 31, 2018, 01:13:35 AM
Reply #474

MmmblueBernard

In the interest of money transfers, forex Etc I suspect wed like to do a double deal for Mina and Digne, hence the delay in announcing Digne.

July 31, 2018, 01:14:43 AM
Reply #475

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Were close to signing him according to reports why would we walk away now?

Its part of the whole negotiation process.

Exactly.  We're second choice to Man Utd, and he looks like being their 3/4th choice.

There's a decent chance we can get him, and i'd rather wait a couple more days than abandon him and start afresh on someone who wasn't our first choice.

The people getting arsed thats he's waiting for what would be a better offer need to chill, it just shows that we're shopping at the top end of our target range.
My momma says I'm special.

July 31, 2018, 01:16:03 AM
Reply #476

blue slug

In the interest of money transfers, forex Etc I suspect wed like to do a double deal for Mina and Digne, hence the delay in announcing Digne.

This is what Mundo Deportivo was reporting last night try to announce as a double signing

July 31, 2018, 01:26:53 AM
Reply #477

MmmblueBernard

This is what Mundo Deportivo was reporting last night try to announce as a double signing

Cant beat a bit of double dildo deal action.

July 31, 2018, 01:27:42 AM
Reply #478

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

All I can think is that Brands has coveted him for a while in Colombia, and now his value has dropped after about 200 mins in Barca has spotted a chance to get a potential colossus for a song.

Personally I think he looked physically imposing but left his CB partner stranded in open water about a million times which wouldnt be great for any of our slugs.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 31, 2018, 01:33:53 AM
Reply #479

blue slug

All I can think is that Brands has coveted him for a while in Colombia, and now his value has dropped after about 200 mins in Barca has spotted a chance to get a potential colossus for a song.

Personally I think he looked physically imposing but left his CB partner stranded in open water about a million times which wouldnt be great for any of our slugs.

Oi leave slugs out of it lol