October 23, 2018, 06:48:07 PM

Poll

Would you like him here?

Oh yes please!
99 (86.1%)
No youíre alright I remember Salif Diao..
16 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: Yerry Mina anybody?  (Read 64584 times)

August 04, 2018, 07:05:31 PM
Reply #675

Evertonian in NC

Not yet like, heís only had one season hasnít he?

Keane had a belter year at Burnley and look how that turned out.

There is risk with anyone, anything.  Just a matter of whether the upside and baseline talent are there or not.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 04, 2018, 07:21:04 PM
Reply #676

Gash

Global Moderator
Agree but...

The top teams all buy players who have done it in the PL.

Not necessarily, the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are full of players (now and in recent years) who weren't PL proven players when they bought them with varying degrees of success. Granted they've spent a bit on players from outside that haven't been a success but that can happen with any transfers, us with Klaassen being a prime example. By contrast, plenty of 'smaller' clubs have also bought players from outside the Premier League that have gone on to be a great success either at the buying club or moved on to bigger and better clubs, whether they move on to bigger things is irrelevant though, they still came from outside and did well without previous experience. I think I'm right in saying nearly 70% of players in the league are foreign, it's not an exact science but it shows that plenty players coming here can be successful without having to be Premier League proven.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 07:25:06 PM by Gash »

August 04, 2018, 07:38:21 PM
Reply #677

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not necessarily, the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are full of players (now and in recent years) who weren't PL proven players when they bought them with varying degrees of success. Granted they've spent a bit on players from outside that haven't been a success but that can happen with any transfers, us with Klaassen being a prime example. By contrast, plenty of 'smaller' clubs have also bought players from outside the Premier League that have gone on to be a great success either at the buying club or moved on to bigger and better clubs, whether they move on to bigger things is irrelevant though, they still came from outside and did well without previous experience. I think I'm right in saying nearly 70% of players in the league are foreign, it's not an exact science but it shows that plenty players coming here can be successful without having to be Premier League proven.

Oh yeah Iím not saying that they donít buy non pl proven players.

August 04, 2018, 11:52:20 PM
Reply #678

Lxxx

Unfortunately thatís just not realistic about what our position in the game currently is. Weíve sold Barkley lukaku and stones in recent times. If we get players good enough for city Utd and Chelsea then they want to play for them teams rather than us

Iíd quite happily take any top prospect and give them a release clause which sees us make a good profit. Better than not get them prospects in the first place

We canít sell ourselves as a top side who wins things. Why not sell ourselves as the best place for them to get games before moving upwards

Thatís exactly what we used to do. Successfully.

Now weíre aiming higher than that with our bigger budgets but getting nowhere. We donít have a USP anymore, which is where we fell down past few years.

August 05, 2018, 12:13:40 AM
Reply #679

toshyboy

On the evidence of today. If itís just about money just pay it and fast!!

P.s whatís with the wooden forks at the match. Canít eat a pie with a wooden fork!!!

August 05, 2018, 12:17:38 AM
Reply #680

eugene

On the evidence of today. If it's just about money just pay it and fast!!

P.s what's with the wooden forks at the match. Can't eat a pie with a wooden fork!!!
Come on man think of all the plastic in our oceans,
Everton are saving the
Besides you eat a pie with your fist thus saving the trees,
Another first

August 05, 2018, 01:43:57 PM
Reply #681

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
On the evidence of today. If itís just about money just pay it and fast!!

P.s whatís with the wooden forks at the match. Canít eat a pie with a wooden fork!!!

Great news if we are reducing plastic, well done whoever made that decision.

August 05, 2018, 02:55:48 PM
Reply #682

Mac934

According to a report seen on BBC website, Man U pulled out of deal for Mina due to a row over agent's fee. Good to see someone stand up to the vermin agents. I hope more clubs do it and stop the scourge of football taking all the money out of the sport.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

August 05, 2018, 03:11:17 PM
Reply #683

Lxxx

According to a report seen on BBC website, Man U pulled out of deal for Mina due to a row over agent's fee. Good to see someone stand up to the vermin agents. I hope more clubs do it and stop the scourge of football taking all the money out of the sport.

Just hope weíre not desperate enough to step in.

August 05, 2018, 03:17:00 PM
Reply #684

sam of the south

Just hope weíre not desperate enough to step in.

We are though, arenít we  😏
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 05, 2018, 03:18:28 PM
Reply #685

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I'm willing to sanction a season long loan. Just give me the nodd
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 05, 2018, 03:29:00 PM
Reply #686

blue slug

Uncle jair is a greedy bastard

August 05, 2018, 03:42:43 PM
Reply #687

Juanito

So they will get Toby Alderweireld, Yerry Mina and also have Eric Bailey, Jones, Smalling and Rojo. People might turn there nose up at United rejects but Rojo and Smalling at the back would work a lot better in this system than Jags and Keane.

August 05, 2018, 04:03:23 PM
Reply #688

Ross

Sounds like the time we got Cahill.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 05, 2018, 05:58:25 PM
Reply #689

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

And that wonít be the reason.

Since Utd paid Raiola an absolute fortune for the Pogba deal. Theyíll just be signing someone else.