October 19, 2019, 11:47:30 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 45687 times)

July 20, 2018, 11:57:32 PM
Reply #225

Evertonian in NC

Yeah I canít see it anywhere.

Sure I saw an article this morning saying silva was going to use him this weekend.

I really canít see silva and brands being into selling him and Iíd be very gutted.

Doubly gutted since the quoted prices look at least 50% of what seems equitable to me.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 21, 2018, 12:02:04 AM
Reply #226

sam of the south

We sent a young player out on loan. How does that ever mean heís unwanted. We sure as hell shouldnít have sent him to a team who are currently better than us though. Beyond that if we donít get a good price itís on the people who currently make the decisions not the previous lot

Because he clearly deserved to be in the squad at least with the appalling Bolasie blocking his path, anyone could see that, particularly after he made an impact in the derby.

But you crack on defending Allardyce 👌🏼
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

July 21, 2018, 12:02:31 AM
Reply #227

School of Science

Europa

Are you sure of that pal,I've just googled it and Leipzig finished second in their league ( Daily Mail ) and have qualified for the CL. Though there could be a problem which UEFA are looking into as Red Bull Salzburg won their league. They are both owned by the same owners.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 21, 2018, 12:08:19 AM
Reply #228

Normm

'ďThe most important thing is Lookman is our player, he is an Everton player and I want Lookman to stay in our squad.Ē

RB Leipzig were due to watch Lookman at Gigg Lane in midweek after requesting a ticket for one of their scouts but Silva was not willing to risk the attacker ahead of back-to-back games in Portugal this weekend.' L Echo

ďI'm pleased with the way he is working and I am sure Ė I am sure Ė he will improve more and more and more,Ē Silva added.

ďHe is our player, I am happy with his behaviour, how he is in training and I am sure about his skills and his ability and I am sure he will improve more.Ē

So, Lookman should be with the squad in Portugal, if he's not injured. I can't believe the Blues would sell one of our most promising talents.

July 21, 2018, 12:09:17 AM
Reply #229

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Itís because he (like 70% of the sqaud) didnít appear in the photos on the O.S. Of the team leavin Liverpool.

July 21, 2018, 12:10:10 AM
Reply #230

blue slug

Itís because he (like 70% of the sqaud) didnít appear in the photos on the O.S. Of the team leavin Liverpool.

Put my mind at ease

July 21, 2018, 12:10:49 AM
Reply #231

KoemansNumberTens

Because he clearly deserved to be in the squad at least with the appalling Bolasie blocking his path, anyone could see that, particularly after he made an impact in the derby.

But you crack on defending Allardyce 👌🏼

He went on a short term loan. He hasnít been mistreated by anyone

July 21, 2018, 12:11:06 AM
Reply #232

eugene

Perhaps he is moving from potential. Still want him to stay and see if he can be consistent in the prem for us.
Never had the chance

July 21, 2018, 12:11:49 AM
Reply #233

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Doubly gutted since the quoted prices look at least 50% of what seems equitable to me.

What quoted prices ? Oh....the rumoured prices on assorted social media... donít take much notice of that stuff me.

July 21, 2018, 12:13:07 AM
Reply #234

KoemansNumberTens

Are you sure of that pal,I've just googled it and Leipzig finished second in their league ( Daily Mail ) and have qualified for the CL. Though there could be a problem which UEFA are looking into as Red Bull Salzburg won their league. They are both owned by the same owners.

They finished 6th. Were second the year before

July 21, 2018, 12:13:47 AM
Reply #235

Evertonian in NC

What quoted prices ? Oh....the rumoured prices on assorted social media... donít take much notice of that stuff me.

And what Leipzig keep bidding, as if they might be circling a target.  Never hear a sniff of a proper valuation.  Agree all just paper talk so far, and hopefully fuckall behind it.  He's worth 40m, minimum.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 21, 2018, 12:14:29 AM
Reply #236

School of Science

They finished 6th. Were second the year before

Well that's google for ya a year behind the times.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 21, 2018, 12:22:03 AM
Reply #237

sam of the south

He went on a short term loan. He hasnít been mistreated by anyone

You love making out that those in opposition to your views have used overly dramatic language, donít you 😂

He was/is a highly promising young player, Allardyce didnít play him even though there was only Bolasie in his way, he then allowed him to go on loan, then publicly criticised him for insisting he got the particular loan he wanted.

ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

July 21, 2018, 12:24:50 AM
Reply #238

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
And what Leipzig keep bidding, as if they might be circling a target.  Never hear a sniff of a proper valuation.  Agree all just paper talk so far, and hopefully fuckall behind it.  He's worth 40m, minimum.

Minimum 40 million is really getting a bit carried away , so if 40 is the minimum whatís your actual valuation, 50, 60 ?  For a 20 year old as yet unproven prospect ?

July 21, 2018, 12:26:43 AM
Reply #239

blue slug

Minimum 40 million is really getting a bit carried away , so if 40 is the minimum whatís your actual valuation, 50, 60 ?  For a 20 year old as yet unproven prospect ?

If weíre going to pay 50 for richarlison then yeah 40 is a good place to start