September 22, 2018, 09:38:40 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 33137 times)

July 06, 2018, 08:31:24 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

Could fit in well in a 4-3-3 with him and Walcott as the pace and directness either side of a finisher in Tosun. Which would leave Sig as the energetic goal threat behind them with two grafters in midfield.
I'd like to see the managerial team tell him he's a starter and to go and express himself. Build him up, give him confidence.

July 06, 2018, 08:40:51 PM
Reply #31

Bluedylan

Hopefully he is excited to work with a young, sexy manager with big ideas. And a handsome DOF who wants to take the club to the top.

In all seriousness though, i think this will be a big year for him, and im excited to welcome him home.

The main thing I took from that comment (and far be it from me to steer all conversations with women to a sexual level) is that you'd be well up for a threesome with Silva and Brands.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 06, 2018, 08:46:31 PM
Reply #32

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
The main thing I took from that comment (and far be it from me to steer all conversations with women to a sexual level) is that you'd be well up for a threesome with Silva and Brands.

without a shadow of a doubt....yes.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

July 06, 2018, 10:14:11 PM
Reply #33

School of Science

Excellent work Liz's, you can be our ITK... ( In The Knack )  ;)
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 06, 2018, 10:15:34 PM
Reply #34

Macca77

You can have a go after me then

July 07, 2018, 11:37:33 AM
Reply #35

Evertonian in NC

Could fit in well in a 4-3-3 with him and Walcott as the pace and directness either side of a finisher in Tosun. Which would leave Sig as the energetic goal threat behind them with two grafters in midfield.
I'd like to see the managerial team tell him he's a starter and to go and express himself. Build him up, give him confidence.

I'm really looking forward to this 4-3-3, especially if we give proper time to expressive, young wingers like Lookman.  I think it will suit us very well.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 09, 2018, 03:58:30 AM
Reply #36

Thomas

I'd be very worried about us being caught out in midfield with that (Sig). That would be 4 players playing mostly in the attacking phase. Risky. I suppose it depends how we defend and how good our DMs will be. Gana has an engine on him as does Tom Davies.

July 09, 2018, 04:54:43 AM
Reply #37

Dr. Sponge

I'd be very worried about us being caught out in midfield with that (Sig). That would be 4 players playing mostly in the attacking phase. Risky. I suppose it depends how we defend and how good our DMs will be. Gana has an engine on him as does Tom Davies.

True but itís a good option to have if we need to attack the game (which we should be looking to do against anyone outside the top 6).

July 09, 2018, 05:32:52 AM
Reply #38

Thomas

True but itís a good option to have if we need to attack the game (which we should be looking to do against anyone outside the top 6).

Difference of philosophies maybe. We tried to be expansive against Burnley at home and they just soaked it up and took their chances.

Could Lookman develop even into a CF?

July 09, 2018, 04:16:21 PM
Reply #39

Redartin

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/08/report-everton-reject-second-ademola-lookman-bid-from-rb-leipzig/

Second bid of 14m rejected cause we want at least 20m.
We are also reportedly interested in one of their players, Emil Forsberg, valued at 25m +.
Potential swap on the cards ?

July 09, 2018, 04:34:03 PM
Reply #40

Lxxx

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/08/report-everton-reject-second-ademola-lookman-bid-from-rb-leipzig/

Second bid of 14m rejected cause we want at least 20m.
We are also reportedly interested in one of their players, Emil Forsberg, valued at 25m +.
Potential swap on the cards ?

When hitc comes up on Google, keep scrolling down.

July 09, 2018, 05:12:50 PM
Reply #41

howard1334

When hitc comes up on Google, keep scrolling down.

I think there are few sites on the internet with lower standards than hitc, which is saying something.

July 09, 2018, 05:13:58 PM
Reply #42

Danny

The only way they'll get him again is another season long loan and Leipzig wouldn't go for that even if Everton would, another season in Germany and Bayern even start sniffing around so his price will only increase.

They'll want him now or not at all and I can't see them offering £20+ million because it doesn't fit their model.

July 09, 2018, 05:24:41 PM
Reply #43

Lxxx

I'm sure RB would like him. He might even quite like the opportunity to sample it again.

He's under contract. We rate him. We only have Sandro and Bolasie in his position. He's going nowhere.

(Of course I'll look like a fool if he does but every bit of factual information at the minute points to him starting the season with us).

July 09, 2018, 06:46:52 PM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
 #Rangnick with a transfer update: "I think 3 more signings is realistic. We're still in talks over @Alookman_ - we want him back and he wants to come. We're also looking at something in central midfield, whether that's a no. 6, 8 or 10." #DieRotenBullen