August 17, 2018, 05:59:34 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 28423 times)

July 23, 2018, 01:59:48 AM
Reply #405

KoemansNumberTens

Ok, well, like people talking about transfer kitties and stuff, it's clear how you have just responded there that you're ignorant to how employment contracts work in football.

You say we wouldn't pay him if it isn't in his contract?
Well, his contract says we will pay him £xm a year for the next 3 years.
If we sell him, then it is us who have broken that contract and we would be liable for that. If he goes onto get gainful employment, then his claim is diminished by the amount he then earns. It's what did Leeds in and it's why were sueing the Dutch FA & Koeman.

If he hands a transfer request in then he forgoes any claim to said monies because it is him wanting to break the contract. It's the main reason we did what we did with people like Lescott and Rooney. We save/the player loses out loads of they formally request to leave.

Well he doesn’t have to go. The contract he signs with his new club negates his old deal. The only time they get paid on top is when the seller has to sweeten the deal to get them to leave. It’s for a Williams or a rooney who are no longer worth the value of their contract never mind a fee. Absolutely no chance we’d pay lookman to leave.
Williams Garbutt klassen Sandro. Probably. Definitely. Maybe. Maybe.
Lookman. We’d surely make him ask for a transfer so he’s entitled to even less rather than give him more

July 23, 2018, 02:18:29 AM
Reply #406

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah mate, that was sort of my point, not sure if it came through.

Silva is saying he wants Lookman to stay. This is either true on the face of it (hopefully). But it could also be a "the ball is in your court Lookman, if you want to leave slap a request in and give up the loyalty bonus we'd owe you if we just accepted a bid".

July 23, 2018, 02:24:06 AM
Reply #407

Tinga

So Silva wants him to stay, the cynic in me just think this is putting pressure on him to force a move.

July 25, 2018, 01:18:45 PM
Reply #409

Juanito

I keep banging on about it but Richarlison has the ability to play through the middle and having him and Lookman developing a partnership as two of the front three could blitz  teams.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:20:11 PM by Juanito »

July 25, 2018, 01:28:06 PM
Reply #410

Lxxx

I keep banging on about it but Richarlison has the ability to play through the middle and having him and Lookman developing a partnership as two of the front three could blitz  teams.

No-one has seen enough of him to know that.

July 25, 2018, 02:12:30 PM
Reply #411

KoemansNumberTens

I think lookman might end up a 10. Be very disappointed if he were to leave. Much more so given the reported price

July 25, 2018, 05:19:31 PM
Reply #412

Nicco

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15134/11447405/would-selling-ademola-lookman-to-rb-leipzig-be-a-mistake-by-everton
But they write that Silva has said, not even  alledgely, that he is NOT for sale.

But later on they write that they believe in german papers that RBL is closing in on EFC £20m valuation.

Are Sky so adamant to sell our players that they dont even want to listen to first hand sources. A bit Trump like that...
Jönköpings Södra IF

July 25, 2018, 06:14:07 PM
Reply #413

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But they write that Silva has said, not even  alledgely, that he is NOT for sale.

But later on they write that they believe in german papers that RBL is closing in on EFC £20m valuation.

Are Sky so adamant to sell our players that they dont even want to listen to first hand sources. A bit Trump like that...

‘Everton don’t value the player as highly’

Well, the value we’ve put on him is obviously higher than the value they’ve bid so how’d they work that one out? arseholes.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 25, 2018, 06:56:41 PM
Reply #414

themilkycoffees

I really hope "not for sale" means exactly that with this one. We're in a strong position in terms of his contract, so don't see any reason why a sale would benefit us.

July 30, 2018, 04:22:16 PM
Reply #415

themilkycoffees

Just posted a story on Instagram with two planes on it. Looks like he's off.

July 30, 2018, 04:25:41 PM
Reply #416

Martip

Just posted a story on Instagram with two planes on it. Looks like he's off.
Really hope not.

July 30, 2018, 04:25:53 PM
Reply #417

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Shame, but hey ho - incoming centre back any minute then :)

July 30, 2018, 04:28:24 PM
Reply #418

themilkycoffees

Could be nothing, but seems a strange one. I've had a feeling he'd go. Think he's punishing the club for treatment under Koeman/Allardyce.

July 30, 2018, 04:31:40 PM
Reply #419

Robioto

I'm probably overreacting, but every inch of my body thinks selling Lookman is bad idea and will come back to bite us. I really hope he stays.