October 19, 2019, 01:43:22 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 45689 times)

August 15, 2018, 03:04:30 AM
Reply #900

BlueNoseMike

You’re wrong on all three counts, have a nice day and don’t get too stressed.

I mean I'm clearly not wrong on the instagram video thing when I've seen it myself on there. As I'm right about 1 that makes 2 and 3 correct too.

You've had a bit of a mare. All best

August 15, 2018, 03:08:44 AM
Reply #901

sam of the south

Did anyone else see Lookman mouthing “help me” with fear in his eyes? 😳

It was quite harrowing actually 😔
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

August 15, 2018, 03:09:22 AM
Reply #902

Dr. Sponge

All gone a bit weird in here.

August 15, 2018, 03:09:58 AM
Reply #903

blueski

Without reading too much into absolutely nothing whatsoever, what do you think this means

Nil Satis

August 15, 2018, 03:11:04 AM
Reply #904

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I mean I'm clearly not wrong on the instagram video thing when I've seen it myself on there. As I'm right about 1 that makes 2 and 3 correct too.

You've had a bit of a mare. All best

Don’t want to prolong this but that vid was added after original post but doesn’t really matter, so have a nice evening, no response required.

August 15, 2018, 03:16:31 AM
Reply #905

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Without reading too much into absolutely nothing whatsoever, what do you think this means

Chaffing.

August 15, 2018, 03:17:11 AM
Reply #906

Dr. Sponge

Out the team with a herpes strain.

August 15, 2018, 03:17:47 AM
Reply #907

BlueNoseMike

Don’t want to prolong this but that vid was added after original post but doesn’t really matter, so have a nice evening, no response required.

Sure about that?

August 15, 2018, 03:20:28 AM
Reply #908

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell i hope he leaves just so we can all get on with our lives

August 15, 2018, 03:37:52 AM
Reply #909

dangermouse

Said he was off.... sticking to it as well :)
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

August 15, 2018, 04:07:20 AM
Reply #910

sam of the south

Knocking one out, obvs
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

August 15, 2018, 04:13:39 AM
Reply #911

Jamokachi

I’m not assuming anything, you said instagram so I looked at Instagram, when you realised that the photo was from Austria you searched for something else which doesn’t really support your original claim,
or am I just assuming that ?

Christ mate. It was the video. Everton post the same video across all social media outlets. Instagram doesn't embed like Twitter on this site, hence I used the latter.

August 15, 2018, 04:20:26 AM
Reply #912

Jamokachi

August 15, 2018, 04:33:39 AM
Reply #913

Jamokachi

Do you think Lookman wants to play for Everton or do you think he preferably wants to play for RB Leipzig?

I only ask as you say players aren't commodities, but they sometimes just see themselves as employees (without any particular attachment to the club) and as such happy to move when a preferable opportunity arises. Not all players mind you.

I think he would rather be at RBL, and I don't think anyone would disagree. He's been sold on the move and given his relative experiences at both clubs I don't think he can be blamed.

Bit of a grey area I concede. I stated that I don't like seeing player seen as commodities "only". I think fans (of all clubs, not just us) are guilty of forgetting the human aspect. This is a young kid who, as selfish as it sounds to a fan, has to put his career (and life) first. If he's not enjoying being at Everton then so be it. If he hasn't settled for, whatever reason, that shouldn't necessarily be met with such vitriol. Especially when he's done nothing to upset fans (no public statements etc).

In a monetary sense players are of course commodities, but unlike most industries sport goes much deeper and is far more complex. It'd just be nice to see people remember that, rather than froth at the mouth at every opportunity.*

*This is more relevant toward what I've read on Twitter than here, in fairness.

August 15, 2018, 04:55:53 AM
Reply #914

Old England Toffee

I think fans (of all clubs, not just us) are guilty of forgetting the human aspect. This is a young kid
Exactly this! He strikes me as the kind of kid that would read and take to heart the shit written about him on social media. Also as fans we often treat players as guilty until proven innocent, probably born out of jealousy, the 'I would give my right nut to play for Everton' mentality. Both of these ways of thinking are perhaps a bit more acceptable towards an older player, but to a teen/20 year old its unnecessary and doesnt help the club (or country as in the case of sterling).