November 21, 2018, 03:38:24 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 36748 times)

August 15, 2018, 06:18:54 AM
Reply #915

Bluedylan

Quite enjoyed reading that weird argument. Cheers lads.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 15, 2018, 08:56:44 AM
Reply #916

Mac934

How about... He shuts the fuck up, grows a pair, gets on with the job of playing for the team he happily signed a contract with for a vast salary (in normal life). OR piss off and join the army, fight for your country for less salary a year than you get a month! And see what REAL life is about!!!!!
Fucking footballers 😤😞😡

Phew, I feel better now, sorry lads n lasses 👍🏼.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

August 15, 2018, 01:15:20 PM
Reply #917

AllyBlue14

I think he would rather be at RBL, and I don't think anyone would disagree. He's been sold on the move and given his relative experiences at both clubs I don't think he can be blamed.

Bit of a grey area I concede. I stated that I don't like seeing player seen as commodities "only". I think fans (of all clubs, not just us) are guilty of forgetting the human aspect. This is a young kid who, as selfish as it sounds to a fan, has to put his career (and life) first. If he's not enjoying being at Everton then so be it. If he hasn't settled for, whatever reason, that shouldn't necessarily be met with such vitriol. Especially when he's done nothing to upset fans (no public statements etc).

In a monetary sense players are of course commodities, but unlike most industries sport goes much deeper and is far more complex. It'd just be nice to see people remember that, rather than froth at the mouth at every opportunity.*

*This is more relevant toward what I've read on Twitter than here, in fairness.

I think the main source of resentment from fans is that he seems to have his heart set on a move but won't hand in a transfer request. He may not have downed tools or gone on strike, but going off the manager's comments, there would appear to be something afoot.

This is all conjecture and speculation obviously, but as far as we know he's been told the club want to keep him. If, in spite of this, he still sees RBL as his best option then he has to submit a transfer request because he is acting against the club's wishes.

I'm not saying this is what he's trying to do, because I don't know enough about it, but it looks like he's trying to have his cake and eat it - agitate for a move but keep his loyalty bonuses.

August 15, 2018, 01:19:32 PM
Reply #918

ajax_andy

In the video you can clearly see him drinking a can of red bull whilst leaping in the air... He then runs in a zig zag movement.

Not sure what that means though.

August 15, 2018, 01:36:01 PM
Reply #919

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
High point for me was the screenshot of him tweaking his johnson
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 15, 2018, 01:39:33 PM
Reply #920

AllyBlue14

High point for me was the screenshot of him tweaking his johnson

Coded messages to Ralf Rangnick - Lookman used a rare public appearance to showcase the 'come and get me' signal.

August 15, 2018, 03:33:57 PM
Reply #921

sam of the south

How about... He shuts the fuck up, grows a pair, gets on with the job of playing for the team he happily signed a contract with for a vast salary (in normal life). OR piss off and join the army, fight for your country for less salary a year than you get a month! And see what REAL life is about!!!!!
Fucking footballers 😤😞😡

Phew, I feel better now, sorry lads n lasses 👍🏼.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 15, 2018, 03:59:51 PM
Reply #922

Lxxx

Back to the football. I can definitely see why Silva wants to keep him as we're not as strong in depth and quality as we seem to think, even though we've had a decent transfer window. A muscle tweak from Richarlison, Bernard taking a while to bed in or Walcott's injury issues returning and we're quite thin on the ground. Granted at the moment we can plug those gaps with Vlasic or Bolasie but both are surplus to requirements and likely won't be here in a few weeks.

August 15, 2018, 04:03:27 PM
Reply #923

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Back to the football. I can definitely see why Silva wants to keep him as we're not as strong in depth and quality as we seem to think, even though we've had a decent transfer window. A muscle tweak from Richarlison, Bernard taking a while to bed in or Walcott's injury issues returning and we're quite thin on the ground. Granted at the moment we can plug those gaps with Vlasic or Bolasie but both are surplus to requirements and likely won't be here in a few weeks.
Vlasic in Russia securing a deal, Bolasie be gone by weekend I'd imagine
Even more reason to keep him
Simply simply lovely

August 15, 2018, 05:58:25 PM
Reply #924

Jamokachi

I think the main source of resentment from fans is that he seems to have his heart set on a move but won't hand in a transfer request. He may not have downed tools or gone on strike, but going off the manager's comments, there would appear to be something afoot.

This is all conjecture and speculation obviously, but as far as we know he's been told the club want to keep him. If, in spite of this, he still sees RBL as his best option then he has to submit a transfer request because he is acting against the club's wishes.

I'm not saying this is what he's trying to do, because I don't know enough about it, but it looks like he's trying to have his cake and eat it - agitate for a move but keep his loyalty bonuses.

Maybe, I haven't read much about transfer requests to be honest.

August 15, 2018, 07:36:15 PM
Reply #925

Rodenplav64

He must wonder what the fuck he has to do to get a chance when he sees Schneiderlin in the squad under 3 Managers . Hold on to him if we are going to give him a go and if not let him go . Likewise if he is not doing enough to get in the team why keep him anyway .

August 15, 2018, 07:41:42 PM
Reply #926

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Without reading too much into absolutely nothing whatsoever, what do you think this means

Crabs
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 15, 2018, 07:55:35 PM
Reply #927

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Stats bomb pod reckon he’s > richarlison.

Or has a higher ceiling anyway.

To be fair - I was backing him to have a ‘better season under silva than Richarlison did’ etc. A few weeks ago so I can’t really talk.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 15, 2018, 08:35:39 PM
Reply #928

Free Agent

Those stats based on his 1/2 a season at RBL?

If yes, 50m and no less please.

August 15, 2018, 08:43:08 PM
Reply #929

kramer0

Stats bomb pod reckon he’s > richarlison.

Or has a higher ceiling anyway.

To be fair - I was backing him to have a ‘better season under silva than Richarlison did’ etc. A few weeks ago so I can’t really talk.

I like Ted but that was a weird take.