October 23, 2018, 04:13:48 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 35361 times)

July 06, 2018, 01:35:23 PM
Read 35361 times

Bob Sacamano

It actually worries me more than a proper bid because it stinks of an engineering process that sees a player force the move. I’d hate it to get ugly.

July 10, 2018, 03:07:20 AM
Reply #1

Bob Sacamano

We should have just played him and let him develop without the pressure of needing to “avoid relegation”. The coward in charge had other ideas though and thought points on the board would disguise his disgraceful brand of football and keep him in a job.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 03:29:14 AM by Bob Sacamano »

July 10, 2018, 04:35:01 AM
Reply #2

Bob Sacamano

Allardyce wasn’t the only manager that didn’t play him. Unsworth and Koeman didn’t either

The truth is he blew a lot of the limited chances he got. Again I don’t think he was badly treated. Just a young player who wasn’t in a managers plans

Not quite my point but I get yours, you’d like to think he would have taken advantage of any 3 managers giving him a go. I was more angling toward that because we were declared “safel” Allardyce had the most opportunities to play him. We had a fucker of a start to the season so RK wouldn’t play him then. Unsworth chopped and changed his sides after trying to pull the dressing room back together after RK. Plus he was (in my memory) inconsistent with his setups and selections to have a chance to consistently play him.

I do think it’s a missed opportunity not telling him we’d let him play, accept dips in form etc

July 21, 2018, 03:45:18 PM
Reply #3

Bob Sacamano

Signing a player for big money in his position isn’t helping our cause.

Obviously we needed to strengthen that area of the pitch, but it shows we can’t really offer him anything RB can’t.

Really do hope we keep him but I’ve accepted that he’s probably going to leave.

We could be shifting Walcott up top? I may be wrong but Silva binned Deeney for a more mobile focal point up front?

August 15, 2018, 01:47:15 AM
Reply #4

Bob Sacamano

That’s one happy looking camp right there. Nice to see. Bernard looked like he was having a great time!

Proper into Zouma. Think he’s going to be great for us.

August 21, 2018, 06:48:36 PM
Reply #5

Bob Sacamano

These are clearly desperate to sign this kid to simply flip him in 2yrs for an extraordinary amount of cash.

I think Brands is going to fleece these fuckers if he does sell him. His job in Holland was to flip young talent so I think we’ve got one of the best guys in the business in knowing that side of negotiations. We’re in safe hands here.