October 15, 2018, 04:33:43 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 34998 times)

July 10, 2018, 02:57:59 AM
Reply #60

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Only thing I’d say is that it is likely that he’d go there if there weren’t potential blocks (ie Brands saying no).

Goes back to him picking to go there in Jan against club wishes (whatever you think of them).

Which is up to him of course, just surprised that all “blame” gets put on the club in this instance.

Anyway hope he stays.

July 10, 2018, 03:07:20 AM
Reply #61

Bob Sacamano

We should have just played him and let him develop without the pressure of needing to “avoid relegation”. The coward in charge had other ideas though and thought points on the board would disguise his disgraceful brand of football and keep him in a job.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 03:29:14 AM by Bob Sacamano »

July 10, 2018, 03:21:09 AM
Reply #62

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t like the sound of it at all.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2018, 03:42:09 AM
Reply #63

KoemansNumberTens

We should have just played him and let him develop without the pressure of needing to “avoid relegation”. The coward in charge had other ideas though and thought points on the board would disguise his disgraceful brand of football and keep him in a job.

Allardyce wasn’t the only manager that didn’t play him. Unsworth and Koeman didn’t either

The truth is he blew a lot of the limited chances he got. Again I don’t think he was badly treated. Just a young player who wasn’t in a managers plans

July 10, 2018, 03:48:48 AM
Reply #64

Lxxx

He wasn't actually up to playing every week last season. Of course it could be argued he might have done if he'd had an extended run in the side but he didn't show enough to warrant it. Hopefully the loan has done him the world of good, both in terms of ability but more importantly his confidence. It seems to have.

July 10, 2018, 04:09:56 AM
Reply #65

Ross

Seems to me he’s keen on the move and RB are aware of his willingness to make the switch.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 10, 2018, 04:20:26 AM
Reply #66

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce wasn’t the only manager that didn’t play him. Unsworth and Koeman didn’t either

The truth is he blew a lot of the limited chances he got. Again I don’t think he was badly treated. Just a young player who wasn’t in a managers plans

Both started him a couple of times but I think he got hooked at half time a couple of times too.

Obviously hard to judge in the surrounding mess but equally it wasn’t as though he was making an impossible case to not pick him.

July 10, 2018, 04:35:01 AM
Reply #67

Bob Sacamano

Not quite my point but I get yours, you’d like to think he would have taken advantage of any 3 managers giving him a go. I was more angling toward that because we were declared “safel” Allardyce had the most opportunities to play him. We had a fucker of a start to the season so RK wouldn’t play him then. Unsworth chopped and changed his sides after trying to pull the dressing room back together after RK. Plus he was (in my memory) inconsistent with his setups and selections to have a chance to consistently play him.

I do think it’s a missed opportunity not telling him we’d let him play, accept dips in form etc

July 10, 2018, 05:13:58 AM
Reply #68

howard1334

He was disrespected by Allardyce on a number of occasions. But this is an argument that we have had before and I don't feel like fully relitigating. So feel free to post that you disagree, and then I will leave it at that.

July 10, 2018, 05:45:16 AM
Reply #69

American Evertonian

Seems to me he’s keen on the move and RB are aware of his willingness to make the switch.

But if they are only going to put up an offer of £12m they either are no where close to having the funds or just trying to unsettle the player to try to gain negotiation power.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

July 10, 2018, 06:33:22 AM
Reply #70

gizzblue

Until the lad puts in a transfer request ...it's all bullshit imho.

All we have is Ragnik blowing bubbles so far.

July 10, 2018, 06:57:11 AM
Reply #71

Ramjam

Until the lad puts in a transfer request ...it's all bullshit imho.

All we have is Ragnik blowing bubbles so far.
Sounds like he should be at West Ham
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 10, 2018, 01:50:24 PM
Reply #72

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn’t into the fact the second bid rumour came a few hours before this news. £20m rumoured to be the figure we’re ‘holding out for’ which seems pretty bloody low imo but I suppose the lad hasn’t actually DONE anything in this league yet so maybe tempers what we can reasonably value him at.

Just got a bad feeling he will go.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2018, 02:11:27 PM
Reply #73

Cereal Killer

The samaritans would have a field day in here ffs

July 10, 2018, 06:41:22 PM
Reply #74

Bluenose 91

Nice one detective