December 19, 2018, 11:04:11 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 37504 times)

July 09, 2018, 11:58:28 PM
Read 37504 times

American Evertonian

Going to have to pay us a lot more than 12m to get him. Unless they are paying us 25-30m I assume this is a non starter.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

July 10, 2018, 05:45:16 AM
Reply #1

American Evertonian

Seems to me hes keen on the move and RB are aware of his willingness to make the switch.

But if they are only going to put up an offer of 12m they either are no where close to having the funds or just trying to unsettle the player to try to gain negotiation power.

July 19, 2018, 10:01:54 PM
Reply #2

American Evertonian

I don't think we have any reason to think we need to sell to buy. He can't be on much wage wise, and I don't think any transfer fee would be of overwhelming significance it'd force our hand.

Fact is he is unproven still in the PL. The new management doesn't have a relationship Lookman beyond a few weeks so if the player is potentially kicking up a fuss, they might just decide to take the money and bring in another fresh face who does want to come. Dunno.

Silva came out and even said we don't have to buy to sell.....not that he couldn't be lying but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to start out

July 20, 2018, 06:14:36 AM
Reply #3

American Evertonian

I think he's probably right, there will be money there. I just don't think he likes the idea of training 30 first team players everyday ha

God I know. Reading all of these articles about who to sell and who to keep for the 25 man squad is exhausting. So many potential senior level players without even buying anyone.

August 03, 2018, 08:09:16 AM
Reply #4

American Evertonian

Brands and Silva are doing their utmost to entice him to stay, but he also feels let down by Koeman and Allardyce and feels he has wasted the last 2 years.

Maybe he can find sentiment in that we all also have felt like we wasted two years.

If he wants to leave then his agent better drum up a business willing to pay up. If I was in charge I would accept nothing less than 30m or a fee of 20m with a 50% sell on fee and additional 5-7m if he runs out his contract without being sold.

Not going to be held hostage. If he doesn't like living in Liverpool he never should excepted our generous offer to come to the Premier League.

August 04, 2018, 06:26:53 AM
Reply #5

American Evertonian

Other Premier teams where watching him/after him too..

i find it astounding that we want 30 m for a player who hasnt played for us at.

Hopefully Silva and Brands can convince him we are heading in a new path and that Lookman is important to us.

I'm only putting that number there because that's what the market dictates. People pay a premium for young English potential. Look at James Madison who went for 23m and has never played in the prem. ademola is worth as much as he should be - if not more.

August 04, 2018, 06:27:49 AM
Reply #6

American Evertonian

I know I've mentioned it previously but with Onyekuru starting brightly in Turkey and here next summer we might just decide to sell Lookman then if they pony up enough cash. If the kid doesn't fancy it then spend the cash on a new centre half.

🤞🏻🤞🏻 on that work permit

August 06, 2018, 05:17:53 AM
Reply #7

American Evertonian

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/05/marco-silva-everton-must-sign-central-defender-transfer-deadline

However, Silva has insisted Ademola Lookman will not be leaving despite interest from RB Leipzig, where he enjoyed a successful loan spell last season. He is our player and he stays, the Everton manager said.

That took long enough

August 20, 2018, 06:09:29 PM
Reply #8

American Evertonian

Laughable to me how RB thinks they can just increase their bid 2m at a time and think we will about face as if that is a huge sum of money. At this rate they're a other 5 bids away from getting him.

August 20, 2018, 07:07:52 PM
Reply #9

American Evertonian

They have a transfer strategy which precludes them from spending big. They like to recruit young, develop, sell on at a profit, rinse and repeat. They won't pay the going rate for him.

I understand that. I'm just saying they are bidding in a way as if we are a League 1 club with no money and holding to cash in on our star prospect.