August 21, 2019, 07:22:02 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 43693 times)

August 06, 2018, 04:58:38 AM
Reply #15

Bluedylan

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/05/marco-silva-everton-must-sign-central-defender-transfer-deadline

However, Silva has insisted Ademola Lookman will not be leaving despite interest from RB Leipzig, where he enjoyed a successful loan spell last season. “He is our player and he stays,” the Everton manager said.

I think that's quite definitive and consistent with the message that Brands/Silva have put across all summer. If he is sulking a bit, they'll back themselves to get past the window closing, involve the lad and show him that this club can be a good place for him.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 06, 2018, 02:28:31 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

I didnít say I know that i said he SEEMS to be.

Describing him as possibly a 'cancer' is way over the top. Pretty horrible way of describing a young lad who has got a few misgivings (in my opinion, understandably) about the club.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

August 09, 2018, 09:51:44 PM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

Nah! Just good negotiating from Everton. Still think he will be sold.

I've no idea why you think that. Silva couldn't have been any clearer in saying that he's staying here and he's our player.

August 10, 2018, 08:20:10 PM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

ďHe is our present and our futureĒ

Thatís like something you say to a girl to ensure you get a blowie before the evening is over.

Actually laughed out loud at that one, while walking round town. Cheers.

August 11, 2018, 05:52:10 PM
Reply #19

Bluedylan

The pressure isn't on him. Jamo's right. He needs to be nurtured and supported to play his best football, gain some confidence and to build a connection with the club.

The fans gave him a good reception last week so hopefully that's a good step in the right direction.

Silva couldn't be any clearer in his desire to keep him and work with him, which tells me he thinks he could be a very good player.

August 13, 2018, 04:16:17 PM
Reply #20

Bluedylan

He might of proven himself in a league that has two dominant teams and a load of dross and if thatís where he wants to stay then up to him, should just put in a transfer request, we take the 20 mill and move on.

That's spectacularly dismissive of the Bundesliga.

August 13, 2018, 07:39:21 PM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

It seems like Silva and Brands want to keep him, which I suppose is the most important thing.

People might say they are just keeping his price as high as possible, which is plausible, but everything we've heard from them both has suggested they would prefer to keep him and improve him.

If they're happy to do that, despite this speculation about his attitude not being amazing, I'm more than happy to trust that judgement. Lookman might not see it now, but Silva's apparent attention to detail and intense training sessions could be good for his development.

August 15, 2018, 06:18:54 AM
Reply #22

Bluedylan

Quite enjoyed reading that weird argument. Cheers lads.

August 18, 2018, 04:43:12 PM
Reply #23

Bluedylan

These Silva comments hint at Lookman displaying a titty lip and being a bit of a lazy arse

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ademola-lookman-shows-willing-fight-15043900

I found it quite encouraging tbh. Basically saying he's grafted in training this week. Obviously he should be doing that anyway and he needs to sustain it, but I'm liking that Silva is giving him a chance and trying to build a relationship.