August 21, 2019, 11:36:34 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 43681 times)

July 09, 2018, 04:16:21 PM
Read 43681 times

Redartin

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/08/report-everton-reject-second-ademola-lookman-bid-from-rb-leipzig/

Second bid of 14m rejected cause we want at least 20m.
We are also reportedly interested in one of their players, Emil Forsberg, valued at 25m +.
Potential swap on the cards ?

July 13, 2018, 05:57:29 PM
Reply #1

Redartin

Has anyone else read that we rejected a 14m bid from West Ham?

July 18, 2018, 01:41:43 PM
Reply #2

Redartin

Piss taking cunts. Them offers an an insult
Everton are allegedly looking Ä20m. So their offers aren't that far away. Ä20m is approx £17.7m which seems a shit valuation if true. It doesn't exactly shout out "piss off your not getting him at any price"

July 18, 2018, 09:31:36 PM
Reply #3

Redartin

Where have you seen we would sell him for 20mil?

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/rb-leipzig/kaempft-um-lookman-56350492.bild.html&prev=search
The same Bild article you mentioned.
I didn't say we would sell him for 20m, I said we are ALLEGEDLY looking 20m.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:35:04 PM by Redartin »

July 19, 2018, 11:05:17 PM
Reply #4

Redartin

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/everton-transfer-news-ademola-lookman-rb-leipzig-third-bid-how-much-a8454531.html

Oh man. Itís just not going away this.

The prices quoted in this article are in £ sterling.
Yesterday's article in Bild, which was fairly similar in wording, the prices were in euros.

Just to clarify 20m Euro is £17.8m on today's rate.
If, as ALLEDGED, Everton are looking that sort of money, that in itself would be a good enough indicator to Lepzig that they are willing to sell
give him away.

July 20, 2018, 06:21:13 AM
Reply #5

Redartin

I really don't think so. My valuation -- and I think most others too -- has nothing to do with that first goal. It is rather based on his play for us (where his talent has definitely been apparent), his performances during the u-20 World Cup, and, especially, his terrific play in Germany.
I don't think he is "only potential right now." He is not a player being called up from the U-18s. He has proved himself -- first at the lower levels and then in the Bundesliga. His performances in Germany, in particular, have moved him beyond "potential only." Just look how bad Liepzig want him.
Not having a pop at you, I'm agreeing with most of what you say, just putting some reality in the mix.
In one and a half seasons, as a 17 year old, he made 45 appearances and scored 10 goals for Charlton in both the Championship and League One. So yes, he certainly had it in the lower leagues.
He came to us for 7.5m rising to 11m with add ons and he stayed for 12 months.
He made 24 appearances for the first team in all competitions, totalling 809 minutes, and scored 3 goals. One against City on his debut and two against Apollon in the EPL. (Scored in 2 out of 24 games) so not exactly setting the place on fire, but that could be down to the managers.
Under Unsworth he also made 3 appearances for the U23 team, totalling 220 minutes and also scored 3 goals. So he can also produce the goods at Under 23 level and under a different manager.
He then went to Leipzig and made 11 appearances, totalling 575 minutes scoring 5 goals and 3 assists. These goals were against teams in the lower half of the Bundisliga, 2 against Wolfsburg who were relegated. He never played against your Bayern Munich or Schalke or Dortmund so we can't say how he would have performed against the best teams in Germany. But against lower opposition he can certainly produce the goods.
I don't think he is in Silva's first 11 plans, whereas if he goes to Germany he'll probably start each week. He's young, probably headstrong, (he dug the heels in about going to Derby), he more that likely wants to just play regular football. I don't think he is buying into the wonderful Brands/Siva project and the fact he remained on the bench against Bury was significant. I think he will go. It would be a bit ironical of Marco to force him to stay after his Watford scenario.
Just a thought if he does go for 20m euro do Charlton get a cut?

July 20, 2018, 09:43:47 PM
Reply #6

Redartin

I’d sleep with a man for 10 million.
There are some on here who would suck Marcel & Marco's testicles for free.

July 20, 2018, 10:13:38 PM
Reply #7

Redartin

Not a good sign that then
Soft tissue injury.

Ah remember those days.

July 21, 2018, 08:45:06 PM
Reply #8

Redartin

lBrands rates him and apparently both him and Silva have told him they want him to be in the first team.

As in first eleven? Or on the bench with lots of appearances as a sub?

I always thought he had a better chance of the former in Germany, especially with the amount they are willing to pay for him, and that was the biggest attraction for wanting to go to Leipzig. (If that is to be believed)

August 09, 2018, 04:57:13 AM
Reply #9

Redartin

I think we should lock him in st ruperts tower until deadline day.

Which one? Tomorrow or Germany's on Aug 31st?