September 21, 2019, 07:59:28 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 44674 times)

July 19, 2018, 02:59:15 PM
Read 44674 times

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

At this moment in time, IF we can sell Lookman for ~18 mil and bring in Malcom for ~30 mil, I'd be over the moon with that. Its all relative I guess. On a better day, we could perhaps get 25 for him, maybe even a 30-35 if a City or silly team came in, but its all relative to how much a replacement would be; as you would think Malcom would be going for a lot more than ~30 mil. Its not desperation time just yet, but we clearly need a creative/attacking spark up top, a left back and a commanding centre back. If we can get a quality winger in for 12 mil net, and say Tierney for 25 mil then its a no brainer for me. Even if we just then added a big, decent centre back I'd be happy with that, and see how our mid get on under Silva? Or if we are really ambitious go all out for a top 6 level box to box midfield monster. I rekcon things will start moving in the next few days... I hope so, as, just for once, it would be nice to go into a season mostly with a settled first team.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:01:09 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

July 19, 2018, 03:11:01 PM
Reply #1

Aye, by now, Silva would have seen more of Lookman than all of us. He will see him in a light that all of us dont, he will see him in training, he would have seen him around the club and learned his feelings on playing for us or leaving. He would have talked to him lots, on and off the pitch. There is no way, he wont know the ability of the lad, and that he has the potential to be great. He will either keep him, or only let him go for a decent wedge, you would think. Then only if we have a replacement lined up (a Malcom, Lozano, Richarlison, etc). Got to be north of 20 mil surely, if its the latter...

July 30, 2018, 04:25:53 PM
Reply #2

Shame, but hey ho - incoming centre back any minute then :)

July 30, 2018, 04:31:42 PM
Reply #3

I dont think hes punishing us, I just think he wants to play football, and realistically with us getting Richarlison, having Walcott, and even with big money Bolassie, Vlasic, etc, he probably sees his opportunities as few. The lad seems hungry, and if a team guarantees him first team football for similar money then I dont blame him for wanting to show everyone what he can do...

July 30, 2018, 05:27:44 PM
Reply #4

But on the other hand, he doesnt want to play for us, hes seen his arse and his titty lip has come out, and if we kept hold of him, he would be a lazy twat around the club. Richarlison by all accounts, is 100% focussed, works hard, and sweats blood - not to mention affects games consistently. Its a shame things went the way they did with Lookman, but we arent in a position to accept shit like this now, if we dont up our game and work with players that WANT to play for Everton, then things could get a bit messy in a transitional year or two.

July 30, 2018, 06:01:26 PM
Reply #5

Not if he wants to go it isnt.

July 30, 2018, 07:03:39 PM
Reply #6

Looks good business to me.

Next, to add to that: get rid of Williams, Kev, Bolasie and Niasse and bring in Mina. Similar net value, less wages and yet it will improve the team.

August 01, 2018, 04:35:57 PM
Reply #7

He's played both flanks. ANYWAY! FOUR FOUR FUCKING TWO! would fix it :)

Pickford

Coleman ----- Jags ----- CB ----- Digne

Lookman ----- Gana ----- Sig ----- Richarlison

Walcott ----- Tosun

Started off as a joke, but may actually look ok, with Gana (Drinkwater) deeper and Sig closer to the attack. Assuming we had a decent CB come in and full backs and widemen worked intelligently out of posession :) Would never happen as Silva will stick to his 4-3-3 :D

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:37:10 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

August 02, 2018, 03:29:31 PM
Reply #8

This is going to go on until the end of August isn't it

Nope, window shuts in just over a week.

(in England) ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 03:33:44 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

August 02, 2018, 03:33:24 PM
Reply #9

August 05, 2018, 11:51:27 PM
Reply #10

Probably pissed off with only getting 2 minutes to impress.