September 23, 2018, 05:20:21 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 33155 times)

July 18, 2018, 11:46:52 PM
Reply #105

Evertonian in NC

this is all part of the Darkest Timeline where gravy-swilling, hippo-headed fuck is given "just one more season, what could it hurt, really?"
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 19, 2018, 01:16:14 PM
Reply #106

bluenuck

Don't know about the rest of you. But I really hate these lookman rumours. Gotta keep that kid.

July 19, 2018, 02:45:03 PM
Reply #107

Waltzer

Don't know about the rest of you. But I really hate these lookman rumours. Gotta keep that kid.

Did initially but im starting to think that if Koeman, Allardyce and now Silva dont fancy him then i'm willing to go with there judgement that he aint all that. The last one is based on the premise that the 'rumours' are true and we will let him go for 18 million

July 19, 2018, 02:59:15 PM
Reply #108

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

At this moment in time, IF we can sell Lookman for ~18 mil and bring in Malcom for ~30 mil, I'd be over the moon with that. Its all relative I guess. On a better day, we could perhaps get 25 for him, maybe even a 30-35 if a City or silly team came in, but its all relative to how much a replacement would be; as you would think Malcom would be going for a lot more than ~30 mil. Its not desperation time just yet, but we clearly need a creative/attacking spark up top, a left back and a commanding centre back. If we can get a quality winger in for 12 mil net, and say Tierney for 25 mil then its a no brainer for me. Even if we just then added a big, decent centre back I'd be happy with that, and see how our mid get on under Silva? Or if we are really ambitious go all out for a top 6 level box to box midfield monster. I rekcon things will start moving in the next few days... I hope so, as, just for once, it would be nice to go into a season mostly with a settled first team.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:01:09 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

July 19, 2018, 03:02:04 PM
Reply #109

dunkster

I think silva issue with Lookman is probably because Lookmans head has already been turned.
Who knows what he's been like in training.
He was probably the one youngster for me who looked like he could go on to be a top player and we allowed him to go out on loan..ffs
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 19, 2018, 03:06:58 PM
Reply #110

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Did initially but im starting to think that if Koeman, Allardyce and now Silva dont fancy him then i'm willing to go with there judgement that he aint all that. The last one is based on the premise that the 'rumours' are true and we will let him go for 18 million

Absolutely no indication silva doesnít fancy lookman.

July 19, 2018, 03:11:01 PM
Reply #111

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Aye, by now, Silva would have seen more of Lookman than all of us. He will see him in a light that all of us dont, he will see him in training, he would have seen him around the club and learned his feelings on playing for us or leaving. He would have talked to him lots, on and off the pitch. There is no way, he wont know the ability of the lad, and that he has the potential to be great. He will either keep him, or only let him go for a decent wedge, you would think. Then only if we have a replacement lined up (a Malcom, Lozano, Richarlison, etc). Got to be north of 20 mil surely, if its the latter...

July 19, 2018, 09:12:48 PM
Reply #112

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

July 19, 2018, 09:22:35 PM
Reply #113

Macca77

Fuck the addons nonsense, it they want him then cough up the full amount or fuck off.

July 19, 2018, 09:25:01 PM
Reply #114

Bluedylan

I'd be concerned if we sold Lookman in fairness. I can't see any justification for it, even if we were to sign another wide player. He's clearly quality, and has a strong likelihood of developing into a top wide player.

Not interested if he wants off, before anyone throws that argument in. You're a management team. You keep him, build a relationship with him and show him why he should stay here, by playing him and developing him.

One other point is that I've seen no actual indication from anywhere that we want to sell him. So I remain hopeful.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:26:45 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 19, 2018, 09:32:39 PM
Reply #115

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It has a slight whiff of possibly happening. More so than I possibly initially thought. You feel like when clubs repeatedly come back, they've had some encouragement to do so from someone significant, be it the player himself/agent or even the selling club potentially.

I still think Brands likes him, no reason to think Silva doesn't either. That said, they may feel if they got a decent offer they could bring in a player further along in their development perhaps?

Despite a decent loan spell he hasn't as yet proven himself a PL regular. Dunno. Still think it's unlikely, but I'd not be surprised if they've been given reason to keep this pursuit going, which isn't ideal but not irreversible either.

July 19, 2018, 09:32:54 PM
Reply #116

Macca77

My fear is that he does seem to be one of our more sellable assets

July 19, 2018, 09:34:58 PM
Reply #117

van der Meyde

One other point is that I've seen no actual indication from anywhere that we want to sell him. So I remain hopeful.
Don't know about that. I think making a third bid would be a fairly clear indication Leipzig have not been told point blank that he's not for sale. At a minimum that would suggest Everton might be open to selling him (at the right price), even if we don't necessarily 'want' to.

July 19, 2018, 09:35:00 PM
Reply #118

D15TIN

Nobody at Everton has stated 20million is our asking price (we best not have anyway) pathetic price for his potential, Maddison joined Leicester from Norwich for 25 ffs.

He's not for sale, they need to fuck off and stop thinking theyre a big draw, because they're not.

July 19, 2018, 09:35:56 PM
Reply #119

kramer0

Dear This Rumour,

Go Away.

Sincerely,

Kramer