December 09, 2019, 02:21:53 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 47408 times)

July 19, 2018, 09:36:35 PM
Reply #120

blue slug

Wish the club would come out and say hes not for sale

July 19, 2018, 09:37:36 PM
Reply #121

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
My fear is that he does seem to be one of our more sellable assets

I don't think we have any reason to think we need to sell to buy. He can't be on much wage wise, and I don't think any transfer fee would be of overwhelming significance it'd force our hand.

Fact is he is unproven still in the PL. The new management doesn't have a relationship Lookman beyond a few weeks so if the player is potentially kicking up a fuss, they might just decide to take the money and bring in another fresh face who does want to come. Dunno.

July 19, 2018, 09:57:37 PM
Reply #122

bigmanbob

Wish the club would come out and say hes not for sale
Exactly my thoughts, the fact they haven't makes you think they're willing to sell

July 19, 2018, 10:01:54 PM
Reply #123

American Evertonian

I don't think we have any reason to think we need to sell to buy. He can't be on much wage wise, and I don't think any transfer fee would be of overwhelming significance it'd force our hand.

Fact is he is unproven still in the PL. The new management doesn't have a relationship Lookman beyond a few weeks so if the player is potentially kicking up a fuss, they might just decide to take the money and bring in another fresh face who does want to come. Dunno.

Silva came out and even said we don't have to buy to sell.....not that he couldn't be lying but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to start out
Are we there yet?

July 19, 2018, 10:11:58 PM
Reply #124

D15TIN

Silva came out and even said we don't have to buy to sell.....not that he couldn't be lying but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to start out
I think he's probably right, there will be money there. I just don't think he likes the idea of training 30 first team players everyday ha

July 19, 2018, 11:05:17 PM
Reply #125

Redartin

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/everton-transfer-news-ademola-lookman-rb-leipzig-third-bid-how-much-a8454531.html

Oh man. Itís just not going away this.

The prices quoted in this article are in £ sterling.
Yesterday's article in Bild, which was fairly similar in wording, the prices were in euros.

Just to clarify 20m Euro is £17.8m on today's rate.
If, as ALLEDGED, Everton are looking that sort of money, that in itself would be a good enough indicator to Lepzig that they are willing to sell
give him away.

July 19, 2018, 11:25:58 PM
Reply #126

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I just wonder if he hadnít scored that goal against Man City would so many people be in such a flap on here about our selling an unproven player for twice what we paid for him a year ago, just wondering.

July 19, 2018, 11:27:28 PM
Reply #127

Hawkandro

We all know the club needs to off-load players and bring the ridiculous wage bill down. If no one wants Bolasie, Mirallas etc then maybe we have to swallow some shit and sell players clubs ARE interested in and look to bring in replacements all the whilst continuing to try and flog the shite.

Either that, or he has said he 100% wants to go.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:28:34 PM by Hawkandro »
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

July 19, 2018, 11:34:47 PM
Reply #128

sam of the south

Itís a horrible rumour, and coupled with the fact weíve bought no one in, and seemingly walked away/been rebuffed from deals for two other highly promising young players, it really does dampen things.

Oh yeah, and the shite are continuing to buy good players.
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

July 19, 2018, 11:38:04 PM
Reply #129

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I just wonder if he hadnít scored that goal against Man City would so many people be in such a flap on here about our selling an unproven player for twice what we paid for him a year ago, just wondering.

Not sure the goal against City is even in people's thoughts. He really hasn't done anything for us of note, but when he was given the chance at Liepzig, he did begin to flourish. And now he's a bit older, a bit more experienced and the potential has been shown, I think most would like to see him stay and be given a decent chance with us to prove himself.

It would be a shame to lose him for that money, it's clear he's highly thought of elsewhere.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 19, 2018, 11:42:28 PM
Reply #130

Ross

Not sure the goal against City is even in people's thoughts. He really hasn't done anything for us of note, but when he was given the chance at Liepzig, he did begin to flourish. And now he's a bit older, a bit more experienced and the potential has been shown, I think most would like to see him stay and be given a decent chance with us to prove himself.

It would be a shame to lose him for that money, it's clear he's highly thought of elsewhere.

Exactly he was only on the pitch that day for about 3 minutes that day.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 19, 2018, 11:45:10 PM
Reply #131

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

I don't think he's done anything else that meaningful for us since he's been here. A couple of goals against a crap European team from a shit league in a game that didn't matter and that's really it.

I would like to see him given a proper chance to see if he is what they hype says and especially as no one else is an option on the wing, it's even more vital he stays at least for now.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 19, 2018, 11:45:24 PM
Reply #132

KoemansNumberTens

this is all part of the Darkest Timeline where gravy-swilling, hippo-headed fuck is given "just one more season, what could it hurt, really?"

🙄

Youíd think lookman played all the time under koeman and unsworth the way folk want to point the finger

July 19, 2018, 11:47:27 PM
Reply #133

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Itís the goal that sticks in mind, not how many minutes he was on the pitch, it was a quite spectacular goal, and Blargs, he would be even more highly thought of if he were playing in an even lesser league,
not saying the Bundesliga is shite but itís a way off thevPremier League.

July 19, 2018, 11:55:21 PM
Reply #134

Ross

I don't think he's done anything else that meaningful for us since he's been here. A couple of goals against a crap European team from a shit league in a game that didn't matter and that's really it.

I would like to see him given a proper chance to see if he is what they hype says and especially as no one else is an option on the wing, it's even more vital he stays at least for now.

His last performance for us he turned the derby round at Mordor after people crying out for him to get more minutes, then he went off to Germany and obviously had a great time.

Heís clearly got something about him and needs a certain type of manager, Koeman or Allardyce are clearly not the type.

Itís the goal that sticks in mind, not how many minutes he was on the pitch, it was a quite spectacular goal, and Blargs, he would be even more highly thought of if he were playing in an even lesser league,
not saying the Bundesliga is shite but itís a way off thevPremier League.

Are you mixing it up with Davies goal?  Lookmans was decent but not the standout from that game.

The fact the German league is probably the closet around to the premier league for its fast physical natural is a good indication heís able to make the step up from bit part player to first team with the right encouragement and tactics.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.