November 18, 2018, 08:20:48 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 36639 times)

July 19, 2018, 11:57:41 PM
Reply #135

Alanvideo

Exactly he was only on the pitch that day for about 3 minutes that day.
...............it's the only time I can remember Koeman smiling ,when that goal went in !
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 19, 2018, 11:58:24 PM
Reply #136

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
His last performance for us he turned the derby round at Mordor after people crying out for him to get more minutes, then he went off to Germany and obviously had a great time.

Heís clearly got something about him and needs a certain type of manager, Koeman or Allardyce are clearly not the type.

Are you mixing it up with Davies goal?  Lookmans was decent but not the standout from that game.

The fact the German league is probably the closet around to the premier league for its fast physical natural is a good indication heís able to make the step up from bit part player to first team with the right encouragement and tactics.

Yore right, mixing it up with Davies goal tbh. Still think he would be less in peopleís minds if he hadnít scored on his debut.

July 19, 2018, 11:58:27 PM
Reply #137

Ross

...............it's the only time I can remember Koeman smiling ,when that goal went in !

Wind?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 20, 2018, 12:00:55 AM
Reply #138

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Itís the goal that sticks in mind, not how many minutes he was on the pitch, it was a quite spectacular goal, and Blargs, he would be even more highly thought of if he were playing in an even lesser league,
not saying the Bundesliga is shite but itís a way off thevPremier League.

I want to see him given the chance with us. He has something about him and it would be a lost opportunity to see him go, especially for a low bid.

BUt he is only potential right now, he needs to prove himself.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 20, 2018, 12:04:51 AM
Reply #139

KoemansNumberTens

1 season in the premier league and heíll be worth 40m if heís just decent. Firstly I donít want to lose him but secondly the price they are filling to pay seems well short. He did very well at a top end German side and they want him for decent championship player money.

We have made an absolute mess of our transfer the last season or 2. Can just imagine us adding to it by selling lookman cheap and this time next year him getting linked to top clubs for 60 or 70 million

July 20, 2018, 12:10:40 AM
Reply #140

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How the hell do you mix Davies up with Lookman??? lol
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 20, 2018, 12:15:27 AM
Reply #141

Evertonian in NC

I don't see colour, hairstyle, size, or position on the pitch, man.  Get with the times ,, smh.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 20, 2018, 12:22:27 AM
Reply #142

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Yeh, silly me, Davies hair is longer.

July 20, 2018, 02:10:50 AM
Reply #143

howard1334

Yore right, mixing it up with Davies goal tbh. Still think he would be less in peopleís minds if he hadnít scored on his debut.

I really don't think so. My valuation -- and I think most others too -- has nothing to do with that first goal. It is rather based on his play for us (where his talent has definitely been apparent), his performances during the u-20 World Cup, and, especially, his terrific play in Germany.

July 20, 2018, 02:12:44 AM
Reply #144

howard1334

I want to see him given the chance with us. He has something about him and it would be a lost opportunity to see him go, especially for a low bid.

BUt he is only potential right now, he needs to prove himself.

I don't think he is "only potential right now." He is not a player being called up from the U-18s. He has proved himself -- first at the lower levels and then in the Bundesliga. His performances in Germany, in particular, have moved him beyond "potential only." Just look how bad Liepzig want him.

July 20, 2018, 02:30:25 AM
Reply #145

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he is "only potential right now." He is not a player being called up from the U-18s. He has proved himself -- first at the lower levels and then in the Bundesliga. His performances in Germany, in particular, have moved him beyond "potential only." Just look how bad Liepzig want him.

Perhaps he is moving from potential. Still want him to stay and see if he can be consistent in the prem for us.

July 20, 2018, 04:03:52 AM
Reply #146

Paddockoldie

We've got to give him this season to show his potential. After all we gave Barkley years to show his, even after that he never really got better... Lookman deserves that chance.

July 20, 2018, 04:14:39 AM
Reply #147

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We've got to give him this season to show his potential. After all we gave Barkley years to show his, even after that he never really got better... Lookman deserves that chance.

The only problem with that is Lookman doesnít want that chance with us, he is adamant he wants to stay with Leipzig.

July 20, 2018, 04:18:28 AM
Reply #148

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The only problem with that is Lookman doesnít want that chance with us, he is adamant he wants to stay with Leipzig.

Well, tough shit, he has a contract with us.

July 20, 2018, 04:51:10 AM
Reply #149

Martip

Well, tough shit, he has a contract with us.
This is the thing we shouldn't let players hold us to ransom and dictate. They want their big contracts honoured ala Klassen but then want to leave at the drop of a hat when they get an offer elsewhere.