October 22, 2019, 03:31:28 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 45814 times)

July 20, 2018, 02:17:44 PM
Reply #165

Hawkandro

We dig our heels in then; put a high price tag on him or demand a swap deal for one of their players; Forsberg, Yussuf, Upamecano, Orban etc.

Basically, don't be taken for a fucking mug, Everton.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

July 20, 2018, 02:37:01 PM
Reply #166

Hawkandro

https://twitter.com/IndyFootball/status/1020209196770340864

Sounds like Lookman has made his mind up and wants to go.

July 20, 2018, 02:51:19 PM
Reply #167

Bally

Administrator
He is not for sale, the club have said this at least 3 times.
It's the roll I way

July 20, 2018, 02:53:00 PM
Reply #168

Cereal Killer

But that doesn't suit people's agendas that we're shit, skint and desperate so they ignore that....

July 20, 2018, 03:49:36 PM
Reply #169

School of Science

We dig our heels in then; put a high price tag on him or demand a swap deal for one of their players; Forsberg, Yussuf, Upamecano, Orban etc.

Basically, don't be taken for a fucking mug, Everton.

This. Said before maybe we should try and unsettle Leipzig's players.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 20, 2018, 04:16:00 PM
Reply #170

KoemansNumberTens

We should just tell them to fuck off and have do with it. I understand unsettling players goes on all the time but not only do we not want to sell they aren’t offering very much either

To lose a player we don’t want to sell on the cheap would rank amongst our poorest business. Which is a strong contest in recent transfer windows. Also we’d have gone from a ridiculous not taking no for an answer strategy to getting taken advantage of

July 20, 2018, 04:23:09 PM
Reply #171

Hawkandro

To me, it sounds like we will sell him if they meet our £20m valuation.

July 20, 2018, 04:30:34 PM
Reply #172

Macca77

Be interesting to see if he plays in any of the two games this weekend.

July 20, 2018, 04:37:01 PM
Reply #173

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This. Said before maybe we should try and unsettle Leipzig's players.

Being able to tempt the player themselves is a different matter but I actually think RBL are ran in the way that every player probably does have a price & they would be confident with their plan B in each position as well as the laundry list of potential targets.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 04:49:54 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 20, 2018, 04:38:16 PM
Reply #174

Juanito

To me, it sounds like we will sell him if they meet our £20m valuation.

Where did this valuation come from? Archaic Red Wine Pint Man?

July 20, 2018, 04:52:07 PM
Reply #175

van der Meyde

They probably need to use the actual phrase "not for sale" for me to believe it personally.

The fact that Leipzig have come in with bids of £12m, £14m and are apparently readying another one suggests to me they haven't said those words to Leipzig either.

July 20, 2018, 05:18:33 PM
Reply #176

Lxxx

Do we know if they have actually made these bids or is it just Twitter gossip. There's a lot written but I don't think I've read anything official out of the club or in the press about any of it really. Apart from Rangnick's naughty comments.

July 20, 2018, 05:23:44 PM
Reply #177

blue slug

They probably need to use the actual phrase "not for sale" for me to believe it personally.

The fact that Leipzig have come in with bids of £12m, £14m and are apparently readying another one suggests to me they haven't said those words to Leipzig either.

Those bids suggest to me that they are a piss pot team with piss takers in charge of player recruitment

July 20, 2018, 05:25:14 PM
Reply #178

Ross

Do we know if they have actually made these bids or is it just Twitter gossip. There's a lot written but I don't think I've read anything official out of the club or in the press about any of it really. Apart from Rangnick's naughty comments.

How often do the club (or any) give running commentary on player sales and negotiations?

Especially unpopular ones.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 20, 2018, 05:25:59 PM
Reply #179

Lxxx

Those bids suggest to me that they are a piss pot team with piss takers in charge of player recruitment

Or they're run like a proper football club, within their means and have a clear strategy in what they pay and who they bring in. Crazy hey.