October 14, 2019, 04:21:48 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 45472 times)

August 15, 2018, 09:43:35 PM
Reply #45

Lxxx

Wouldn't surprise me if Silva keeps him out of the squad until the end of the window, refuses all advances by RB then tries to win him round from there on in. He's clearly rated by everyone at the club and the money on offer for him is buttons in todays market.

Just keep it out of the media and if he can see us improving then he might come round. 

August 20, 2018, 02:31:04 PM
Reply #46

Lxxx

Think in this instance it was that we were winning so wanted hold up play as part of the options.

If he was being fully shunned, think hed just have picked Dowell ahead of him?

Silva went up in my estimation for this. It would have been easy for him to bring Lookman on as one of his two forward changes, to keep him integrated and feel part of the setup. The fact it would have been the wrong choice so he went with the sensible options for the team and didn't even give him a sniff indicates their is some steel under the handsome exterior.

August 20, 2018, 06:25:01 PM
Reply #47

Lxxx

Laughable to me how RB thinks they can just increase their bid 2m at a time and think we will about face as if that is a huge sum of money. At this rate they're a other 5 bids away from getting him.

They have a transfer strategy which precludes them from spending big. They like to recruit young, develop, sell on at a profit, rinse and repeat. They won't pay the going rate for him.

August 21, 2018, 05:47:21 PM
Reply #48

Lxxx

Maybe we're being pragmatic about it now, if Sky are to be believed. If he's not putting it in on the training pitch, making it clear he wants out then let's take a fee nearer to 30m and move on. If we do move him on and also get Bolasie and Besic off the books too then with loan fees factored in a spend of <30m this summer and a reduction of the wage bill looks like good business overall. Especially with a manager who clearly looks like he can get more out of players than we've seen previously.