October 23, 2019, 05:56:56 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 45897 times)

August 13, 2018, 05:31:59 PM
Reply #15

Ross

Yes, we should be patient while he engineers a move away from the club.

We’ve seen it before, been the other club as well, with more senior players and got past it. Think most acknowledge he’s a talented lad with a lot of potential, why wouldn’t you want to see him do well in blue?

Not like hes disappeared off on holiday and refusing to train or something.

Think our fingers got burnt with Ross tbh ....so we now have little or no time for people who don't wanna be here ...although we dont know the full story on Mola its not looking good after what Marco is saying.

Don’t think Silva has said much though has he? All I’ve read is he’s our player and staying, pretty standard stuff for a player linked with a move away really.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 13, 2018, 05:44:09 PM
Reply #16

Ross

Sorry but to me it seems like young player doesn’t have patience anymore with club that brought him up two divisions.

Say he does feel he’s better moving on who could blame him when we’ve spent about £70-90m on wingers since he came to the club himself? Even our record signing came in an played in his position and he’s never a winger.

Think it’s fair to say he’s a talented young lad with a lot of potential, why not hope to see the best of that here?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 13, 2018, 05:55:43 PM
Reply #17

Ross

Not a great believer in forlorn hope, of course I would have liked to see him succeed here but I don’t believe he has the patience to work hard and seize the chance when it comes along, he wants away so just needs to put in a transfer request and he can go.

For a person who seems to spend a great deal of his time on here demanding “proof” you're basing a lot of this on no evidence it seems.

August 13, 2018, 06:08:07 PM
Reply #18

Ross

Haven’t got a clue what you are talking about here so why don’t you just leave it.

Well you said he won’t work hard, you said he won’t seize his chance, you said he wants away and you said we’d let him go if he put in a transfer request. But there’s no evidence to back any of that up really is there.

August 13, 2018, 06:31:58 PM
Reply #19

Ross

I didn’t say he won’t work hard, I said I DONT BELIEVE HE HAS THE PATIENCE TO WORK HARD = my personal opinion, others may have a different opinion.
Rangnick has said in numerous tweets/interviews that “we want to make it a permanent signing and so does Ademola”  I have not seen a refutal  of this claim from Lookman, have you ?

And you’ve no evidence to back up the claim that he won’t work hard or seize his opportunity. In fact if anything the successful loan and public statements of intent from RB are a fair indication he is willing to work hard and seize an opportunity if and when it comes along.

I’d have thought Lookman saying nothing is proof enough you of all people wouldn’t be jumping to conclusions. But also don’t you think it’s much better to hear nothing off a player in cases like these rather then there family members or agents running to the media every other week belittling the club? 

August 13, 2018, 06:36:39 PM
Reply #20

Ross

Left out Silvas choice (stated) ..doesnt fill with confidence ...when he went on to say Dowell was left out due to numbers .

Don’t think he’s had much of a pre season has he given the injury?

August 13, 2018, 07:08:27 PM
Reply #21

Ross

What injury?

Happened after we played the Austrian pub team.

To his ego????....or is it his titty lip?...
Was he even injured?..... or is that more gueswork by the press?.

Yeah Silva said he took a knock.

Come on now Ross. You can make an intelligent guess for why he has been left out. If he was coming back from injury (which i dont think there ever was) then Silva would have just said that.

Silva did say it.

Have you any proof that he was injured ?

Haha now you’re back to being a stickler about proof! Here you go straight from Silva.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-winger-theo-walcott-expected-14927018

August 13, 2018, 07:18:51 PM
Reply #22

Ross

A slight knock that occurred early in pre-season.

I’m not sure that would’ve been enough to keep him out up until Saturday, or even the pre-season games.

Did Walcott get any more minutes than him pre season?