December 07, 2019, 02:44:19 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 47353 times)

July 21, 2018, 12:48:33 AM
Reply #255

KoemansNumberTens

Glad allardyce is gone? Pretty sure you were one of the fans who wanted him to stay

I actually said he’d done an okay job and didn’t especially deserve to be sacked without a great replacement being in the pipeline

It did get worse from there when he openly said he didn’t give players minutes in meaningless games because he was concerned about his job (more than the club) and entered into battle with the fans through the media

July 21, 2018, 12:50:09 AM
Reply #256

sam of the south

It really doesn’t. I’m delighted allardyce is gone. It got to the stage where he was picking sides purely based on trying to survive. The football was shite and the atmosphere was toxic

I’m just not having that a young player being sent on a short term loan is dreadful treatment. He wasn’t in the managers plans and got an extremely good loan instead. He wasn’t badly treated by anyone.

Again, I haven’t used the terms “mistreated”, “dreadful treatment”, or “badly treated” 😂

It sounds like you’re talking about a tortured dog 😳

Mate, that “extremely good loan” you mention was because Lookman wanted it after rejecting the Derby one that good old Walsh had arranged, and then he was publicly dissed by Allardyce for doing so!

What a prick that man is!😂
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 21, 2018, 12:51:44 AM
Reply #257

KoemansNumberTens

Again, I haven’t used the terms “mistreated”, “dreadful treatment”, or “badly treated” 😂

It sounds like you’re talking about a tortured dog 😳

Mate, that “extremely good loan” you mention was because Lookman wanted it after rejecting the Derby one that good old Walsh had arranged, and then he was publicly dissed by Allardyce for doing so!

What a prick that man is!😂

If he’d gone to derby he wouldn’t have had his head turned

July 21, 2018, 12:53:16 AM
Reply #258

sam of the south

If he’d gone to derby he wouldn’t have had his head turned

You really are hilariously bad today 😂
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 21, 2018, 01:00:46 AM
Reply #259

howard1334

This is just the topic that he has decided to dig his heals in on, and pick fights over, more than any other. Not only refuses to acknowledge any fault on Allardyce's part in his handling of Lookman, but goes out of his way to make that point all the time. It's truly crazy.

July 21, 2018, 01:02:46 AM
Reply #260

KoemansNumberTens

Surely it’s common sense that you don’t loan players you might want to keep to better teams

July 21, 2018, 01:04:35 AM
Reply #261

Martip

Not a big fan of Fat Sams handling of Lookman. It was the publicly slating him that got on my tits.

July 21, 2018, 01:05:26 AM
Reply #262

sam of the south

Surely it’s common sense that you don’t loan players you might want to keep to better teams

😂
Henry David Thoreau

July 21, 2018, 01:10:18 AM
Reply #263

Evertonian in NC

You send out a talented young player on loan, when he's really good enough to play for you, it can bite you in the ass.

Remember when Romelu Lukaku told Chelsea he wanted a transfer to Everton, and ONLY Everton?
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 21, 2018, 01:11:39 AM
Reply #264

Evertonian in NC

Not a big fan of Fat Sams handling of Lookman. It was the publicly slating him that got on my tits.

He slagged him in the papers after the loan, even after he was playing well.  No wonder Mola had a bad taste in his mouth, even after the regime change.

July 21, 2018, 01:12:42 AM
Reply #265

KoemansNumberTens

You send out a talented young player on loan, when he's really good enough to play for you, it can bite you in the ass.

Remember when Romelu Lukaku told Chelsea he wanted a transfer to Everton, and ONLY Everton?

That didn’t happen. He dragged signing for us out hoping for something better. You’re very naive if you think lukaku would have only signed for everton. He spent every international break since talking about leaving

July 21, 2018, 01:16:20 AM
Reply #266

howard1334

How do we know for sure that he has not traveled to Portugal? Seems to just be a twitter rumor.

July 21, 2018, 01:27:29 AM
Reply #267

Evertonian in NC

He slagged him in the papers after the loan, even after he was playing well.  No wonder Mola had a bad taste in his mouth, even after the regime change.

No, I remember specifically Chelsea preferring to deal him outside of the Prem, but Rom dug in and insisted on us.  The issue became whether we would seriously come up with the moneys.

July 21, 2018, 01:28:30 AM
Reply #268

blue slug

This just doesn’t make sense

July 21, 2018, 01:50:58 AM
Reply #269

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
This just doesn’t make sense

He means that it wasn’t a good idea to loan him to a decent team.

If Lookman had gone to derby it’s very unlikely that he’d be angling for a move there this summer.

I said this at the time that Lookman insisting on a move there was being selfish - understandable as it’s a good place to play - but it was done with not being here in mind.

A symptom of how miserable most of the last few years have been is that nearly everyone is blaming all parties bar the player, whereas normally it’s the other way round.