December 15, 2019, 01:41:16 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 47557 times)

July 21, 2018, 01:57:06 AM
Reply #270

KoemansNumberTens

He means that it wasnít a good idea to loan him to a decent team.

If Lookman had gone to derby itís very unlikely that heíd be angling for a move there this summer.

I said this at the time that Lookman insisting on a move there was being selfish - understandable as itís a good place to play - but it was done with not being here in mind.

A symptom of how miserable most of the last few years have been is that nearly everyone is blaming all parties bar the player, whereas normally itís the other way round.

Exactly. A player we want to keep looking like pushing his way out on the cheap and everyone thinks heís the 1 thatís been wronged

July 21, 2018, 02:08:21 AM
Reply #271

burkey17

A minor thigh injury the ĎEchoí !
has said is the reason Lookman has not travelled. Walcott (ankle) and Bolasie (stomach bug) and Martina (stomach bug) have not travelled as well

July 21, 2018, 02:16:26 AM
Reply #272

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I don't  think Lookman is all that and if we can get a good fee we should let him go. His shoting is terrible, crossing horrible. has some pace and skill but not sure he knows what to do with it.  Sure he is young and has potential. But sometimes 20M isn't to be sniffed at. look at the potential Rodwell and Barkley had.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 21, 2018, 02:29:49 AM
Reply #273

Toffee Tuesdays

I don't  think Lookman is all that and if we can get a good fee we should let him go. His shoting is terrible, crossing horrible. has some pace and skill but not sure he knows what to do with it.  Sure he is young and has potential. But sometimes 20M isn't to be sniffed at. look at the potential Rodwell and Barkley had.

I wonder what will happen with Barkley's career.  Back to us in a few years? Slowly slide down the table?

July 21, 2018, 02:44:23 AM
Reply #274

Bluedylan

This would be a terrible mistake but then I still think heís staying from Silvaís comments.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 21, 2018, 02:52:42 AM
Reply #275

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

If Lookman had gone to derby itís very unlikely that heíd be angling for a move there this summer.

I said this at the time that Lookman insisting on a move there was being selfish - understandable as itís a good place to play - but it was done with not being here in mind.

A symptom of how miserable most of the last few years have been is that nearly everyone is blaming all parties bar the player, whereas normally itís the other way round.

Can only speak for myself but Iíve often (not always - lukaku) been able to convince myself that we had a reason for them to stay - squad or coming top 5/6/7 - essentially Iíve felt weíve been in fairly positive positions and like most football fans Iíve Ďbelieved in the projectí - weíre on the cusp of that again I hope but we havenít quite done enough and Iíve been so brow beaten over the last few years that instead of feeling betrayed by the player I feel let down by the club?

Wouldnít be surprised if this is what others are feeling.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 21, 2018, 02:57:34 AM
Reply #276

howard1334

What was stupid was loaning him out at all. Not loaning him to Leipzig. If we had kept and played him last season, then he would not be looking to leave now. And I seriously doubt that sending him to Derby would have improved the situation. No way that Lookman would have been happy going there -- he knew he was above that level, which he certainly proved at RB Leipzig.

Let's stop putting the fucking blame on Lookman, when he was just trying to make the best out of a shitty situation that was not of his own creation. It's seriously ridiculous. The blame rests, rather, with Allardyce, Walsh, and the rest of management. And, similarly, it will be management's fault this summer -- not Lookman's -- if we end up selling him when we don't need to.

People are acting like Lookman has kicked up some big, public fuss in the media, which is simply not the case. He has been professional about this whole situation from the get go -- erring his (exceedingly reasonable) concerns in private, as professionals should. It's Allardyce and Leipzig's management that have made shit public.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:10:22 AM by howard1334 »

July 21, 2018, 03:01:59 AM
Reply #277

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If lookman is sold for 20m and we buy richarlison for 40m I propose a group self harming session outside Goodison.

You just go ahead son, we will all be right behind you !

(Not)

July 21, 2018, 03:04:53 AM
Reply #278

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
What was stupid was loaning him out at all. Not loaning him to Leipzig. If we had kept him last season and played him, then he would not be looking to leave now. And I doubt sending him to Derby would have improved the situation. No way that Lookman would have been happy going there -- he knew he was above that level, which he certainly proved at RB Leipzig.

Let's stop putting the fucking blame on Lookman, when he was just trying to make the best out of a shitty situation that was not of his own creation. It's seriously ridiculous. The blame rests, rather, with Allardyce, Walsh, and the rest of management. And it will be management's fault this summer if we end up selling him when we don't need to.

So one manager, whoís not here nor the DoF, loaned him out and thatís it?

Heís a young player who up until the last few games of his loan spell, where he did very well, hadnt done that much.

He at least shares a very big chunk of the blame if heís insisting on leaving now.

July 21, 2018, 03:06:24 AM
Reply #279

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If weíre going to pay 50 for richarlison then yeah 40 is a good place to start

Where do you get that info from About paying 50m for Richarlison from ? Moshiri, Kenwright ? Silva ?
or some hack on the MIRROR ?

July 21, 2018, 03:07:10 AM
Reply #280

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Can only speak for myself but Iíve often (not always - lukaku) been able to convince myself that we had a reason for them to stay - squad or coming top 5/6/7 - essentially Iíve felt weíve been in fairly positive positions and like most football fans Iíve Ďbelieved in the projectí - weíre on the cusp of that again I hope but we havenít quite done enough and Iíve been so brow beaten over the last few years that instead of feeling betrayed by the player I feel let down by the club?

Wouldnít be surprised if this is what others are feeling.

Yes thatís what I mean.

Donít think itís commensurate though as heís barely done anything for us (unlike most other players who got slated).

July 21, 2018, 03:07:50 AM
Reply #281

howard1334

Heís a young player who up until the last few games of his loan spell, where he did very well, hadnt done that much.

He at least shares a very big chunk of the blame if heís insisting on leaving now.

See my edited post above, which responds in part to this.

I'd also note that if I were Lookman, I would want to play for RB Leipzig over us too. It's on our management to convince him he should *want* to stay. As long as Lookman does not take shit public or refuse to train, then I have no problem with his behavior whatsoever.

July 21, 2018, 03:08:55 AM
Reply #282

Bluedylan

Díyou not think thereís an element of him being a young kid, away from home, we had three managers, including an anti-football presence and we messed him about and mishandled him a bit?

Just think if the situation was better managed by the club, it would never have got to this stage.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 21, 2018, 03:09:30 AM
Reply #283

Toffee Tuesdays

So we'll need to sign another winger if he goes or we'll stick with Mirallas and Bolasie as the backups?

July 21, 2018, 03:12:19 AM
Reply #284

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Díyou not think thereís an element of him being a young kid, away from home, we had three managers, including an anti-football presence and we messed him about and mishandled him a bit?

Just think if the situation was better managed by the club, it would never have got to this stage.

A bit but everyone has gone.

He got moaned at by Allardyce after he had pushed through the move to Leipzig so heíd already decided he wanted that move.

Did say I can see why heíd go there - but I can also see why all players who have left us over the years did so.

More like, as @brap2 comment that itís other factors that have people moaning at the club, rather than the player.