November 19, 2018, 07:36:21 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 36698 times)

July 21, 2018, 03:32:54 PM
Reply #315

Gash

Global Moderator
Sounds like the agent and/or Lookman are making all the right noises to Leipzig.

July 21, 2018, 03:44:04 PM
Reply #316

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like the agent and/or Lookman are making all the right noises to Leipzig.

Signing a player for big money in his position isnít helping our cause.

Obviously we needed to strengthen that area of the pitch, but it shows we canít really offer him anything RB canít.

Really do hope we keep him but Iíve accepted that heís probably going to leave.

July 21, 2018, 03:45:18 PM
Reply #317

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Obviously we needed to strengthen that area of the pitch, but it shows we canít really offer him anything RB canít.

Really do hope we keep him but Iíve accepted that heís probably going to leave.

We could be shifting Walcott up top? I may be wrong but Silva binned Deeney for a more mobile focal point up front?

July 21, 2018, 03:51:29 PM
Reply #318

Gash

Global Moderator

Possibly, although going by comments from Leipzig there's been interest from Lookman to go for a while now or they wouldn't be pushing as hard as they are. It's possible that we're resigned to the fact he wants to but are getting in a player before we sanction the move rather than have an unhappy player in the squad. We don't really know Lookman, the fact he already went against the club's wishes could suggest that he's a bit of a twat and we'd rather just move him on? I don't think it's as cut and dried that this is all the club's fault if he goes, the longer they chase him the more obvious it becomes that he's making plenty positive noises for them to come after him. I think he'll go but as said I don't think it'll be a disaster if he does.

July 21, 2018, 03:53:08 PM
Reply #319

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Possibly, although going by comments from Leipzig there's been interest from Lookman to go for a while now or they wouldn't be pushing as hard as they are. It's possible that we're resigned to the fact he wants to but are getting in a player before we sanction the move rather than have an unhappy player in the squad. We don't really know Lookman, the fact he already went against the club's wishes could suggest that he's a bit of a twat and we'd rather just move him on? I don't think it's as cut and dried that this is all the club's fault if he goes, the longer they chase him the more obvious it becomes that he's making plenty positive noises for them to come after him. I think he'll go but as said I don't think it'll be a disaster if he does.

This, 100%

July 21, 2018, 03:56:47 PM
Reply #320

Lincs Toffee

Think youíve pretty much nailed it there @Gash in that post
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean

July 21, 2018, 04:06:40 PM
Reply #321

Bally

Administrator
If lookman is sold for 20m and we buy richarlison for 40m I propose a group self harming session outside Goodison.
Either you edit it or I will, not having that at all.
It's the roll I way

July 21, 2018, 04:55:30 PM
Reply #322

Dr. Sponge

Sounds like theyíre tryna have our pants down for the bids that are being reported. If they donít offer his market value then we need to keep him and tell him to get on with it.

July 21, 2018, 05:01:02 PM
Reply #323

Sixx1402

I'm not having it.

Lookman and Richarlison are basically the same player: same sort of age, play in the same position with similar attributes and have both just had very good half seasons.

IF the fees are to be believed (and I said if) then we're basically throwing £30 million away which is disgraceful.

AND Lookman is fucking English!!

Complete joke if it happens
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 05:03:12 PM by Sixx1402 »
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 21, 2018, 05:09:16 PM
Reply #324

GrantyBoy78

I'm not having it.

Lookman and Richarlison are basically the same player: same sort of age, play in the same position with similar attributes and have both just had very good half seasons.

IF the fees are to be believed (and I said if) then we're basically throwing £30 million away which is disgraceful.

You could argue Lookman looked good at RBL because he was playing in a better team, in a poorer league.

There just isnít that much money in German football - no way are RBL coming in with a £30m bid. Heís got us over a barrel really.

July 21, 2018, 05:13:12 PM
Reply #325

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
You could argue Lookman looked good at RBL because he was playing in a better team, in a poorer league.

There just isn't that much money in German football - no way are RBL coming in with a £30m bid. He's got us over a barrel really.
He hasnít really. He has three years left on his contract. Player power isnít what it once was. If weíre firm and tell him to get on with it, what can he do?
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 21, 2018, 05:14:55 PM
Reply #326

Sixx1402

There just isnít that much money in German football - no way are RBL coming in with a £30m bid. Heís got us over a barrel really.

To be honest the German league isn't that much weaker than ours, they still have 4 or 5 very good teams compared to our 6 (hopefully 7) good teams.

And if that's the case then he has to stay. He's under contract so tough shit.

How can there be a £30 million value difference for basically the same player?!

It's fucking madness
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 21, 2018, 05:30:15 PM
Reply #327

Dr. Sponge

To be honest the German league isn't that much weaker than ours, they still have 4 or 5 very good teams compared to our 6 (hopefully 7) good teams.

And if that's the case then he has to stay. He's under contract so tough shit.

How can there be a £30 million value difference for basically the same player?!

It's fucking madness

Lookman has bags of potential, but if we take our Evertonian specs off for a moment then Richarlson is the better player. Not £30 million better, but better.

July 21, 2018, 05:36:34 PM
Reply #328

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Where is this 30 million difference coming from? Richarlison price is 35 million.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 21, 2018, 05:37:04 PM
Reply #329

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not having it.

Glad you qualified that fee with a big IF ! Majority of flappers on here taking 50 mil as gospel, will probably be 60 by the end of the day.